“A little noisy late at night”
Review of Mantra Parramatta

Mantra Parramatta
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
“A little noisy late at night”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed for 4 nights and found the room was lovely and spacious. Room service was quick and quite affordable. And my room booking came with a buffet breakfast, which I found very handy! The bar/lounge area was also open for coffee and I enjoyed a couple of nice soy lattes.
The only thing that I was getting a little annoyed about during my stay was that come 10.30/11pm the hallway outside my room became very noisy and would last at least until midnight, and this was every night.. so by the time I was due to fly home, I was one tired woman :(

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Tim D, Manager at Mantra Parramatta, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Lee C

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mantra Parramatta

It was lovely to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, you have defiantly have got me thinking what could be causing noise at that late hour in the hall ways. It is possible that it could be food and beverage collecting room service trays, I will have a chat to the food and beverage manager.

Thank you for taking the time to review our property this goes a long way to helping us improve our product. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Tim Doyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is my second stay in a Mantra hotel in the last two weeks and to be honest they have both been less than ideal.

The Room:
We booked a family room as there were 5 of us. There is no doubt this room was not cleaned properly from the previous guest. We found two padlocks, some guitar picks and a jar of moisturizer in the room. There was no compendium which normally tells you everything you need to know about the place and the surrounds. Last one was that were no linen for the 5th bed, after a couple of phone calls it finally arrived.
Space wise it is very small for 5 people, especially when you consider the room rate. One good aspect is that it is on first floor so if you want access to the pool/spa you are right next to it.

The second night we arrived home late (took the kids to a show) and again no linen for the 5th bed. Naturally being nine thirty at night there were no house keeping people so the girl at reception had to A: find the linen, and B: Find someone to mind reception whilst she delivered it. Again not her fault as she made it happen, but a real shortcoming is the housekeeping department to miss this two nights in a row.

General:
We decided to eat dinner in the restaurant (after calling them to ask if they have a kids menu because we had no compendium). The food was great, the customer service very good, and the prices quite reasonable for a hotel. The one problem was the faulty lift which kept sounding its alarm every couple of minutes for around 30s at a time. It literally engulfed the entire restaurant with the noise. Why the staff do not have the keys to disable the lift until the service people arrive amazed me. Not their fault and they were definitely trying...

The parking is directly under the hotel via a lift and is secure for family and kids. At $15 per day it is quite reasonable.

Hotel is around a 5-10m walk from Westfields.

Sorry Mantra, not good enough. I try to be fair in all my reviews, and I do travel allot. But this just wasn't good enough for the rate, especially the housekeeping.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

After emailing and talking with this hotel directly, I asked for an accessible disabled room which they advertise they have. They advised me that yes they have them with roll in showers.

Because I was staying there on business it was a no brainier to go after work. I arrived around 9pm shown to my room to be advised they don't even have accessible rooms!!! The manager just stood there in the shower looking at the fact that you couldn't roll in just saying "hmmm".

By the end of it I was left furious and left to book something else. Wasn't until 11pm I found the only accessible room on parramatta at the Rydges which cost me an extra $400. After many phone calls over the next couple days the Mantra finally decided to reimburse me. Note to everyone, when booking get photos of accessible rooms!

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Heidz H
Gold Coast
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Meriton is - according to TA - the #1 choice in P'matta.

For three months I have stayed at Meriton 2-3 nights/week. This week I stayed at Mantra for 4 nights.

I liked Mantra a lot.

I like it BETTER than Meriton as follows:

• the entrance is much easier with luggage (Meriton have steps and access is a hassle)
• the service shines and feels more like a hotel than Meriton
• Mantra has a great bar, restaurant and in house room service (food and service are great)
• the beds are better
• shops (incl supermarket!!) are within an easy walk as is train.
• Mantra is right in the hub and buzz of P'matta whilst Meriton is up the other end.

However Meriton's furnishings, kitchen and presentation are superior.

If you have a car Meriton is better because you can buy ingredients for cooking and bring back with ease.

Either choice is fine. Meriton wins it overall but Mantra is a very good choice - and depending on proximity to train and Westfield has an advantage

Stayed July 2014
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great 3 day Break & R&R, Great Location, Good Shopping Yummy Food & Fantastic Accommodation. Lots to do around Parramatta. We went on the Parramatta River Cruise to Circular Quay in Sydney & Back A Great Day, Great Sights & Points of Interest. We were Pampered & Very Spoilt with a Great Meal at Parramatta Leagues Club. We went to a Sporting Venue to watch Nrl Football Rugby League Game Had a Fantastic Day. We were Extra & Very Well Treated by the Mantra Parramatta Staff Everything was Excellent & nothing was a problem, made our stay even more Special we were treated like "Royalty" would definately recommend & Visit ourselves again.

Room Tip: Rooms Located on higher floors are very quiet & the view is Great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

So far I have stayed at the Mantra Parramatta on 10 occasions for work over the last few months. Each time I have found the staff friendly and the room and facilities excellent. Special mention should be made of Renee on the front desk who has gone out of her way to ensure each visit has been as good as it could be. Nothing has been too much trouble, She defines what customer service should be.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sydney
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Mantra Parramatta was the perfect stay.

The little things they did for me made my experience even better than expected. I received an upgrade which made me feel very welcomed. The room was perfect. Ordered room service and they were very quick and efficient. After a very long day, these things just made me feel relaxed and very comfortable. The next night i stayed at different 5 star hotel, and Mantra Parramatta had much more attention to detail and a welcoming feel to the 5 star i stayed at. The staff at Mantra Parramatta felt genuienly friendly and not over the top like the other place i stayed at.

I will always choose Mantra.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo