“Good price, good location.”
Review of Mantra Parramatta

Mantra Parramatta
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Parramatta
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good location close to trains, buses and taxi stand. Westfield shopping and restaurants just 2 mins walk.
Stayed in a studio room, comfy bed and room layout, nice and quiet too.
Only small complaints lighting bad in room, only one extra pillow in cupboard not two, no bench space in kitchenette, mini bar takes over bench and fridge,no bench or vanity in bathroom found it hard to have own toiletries like makeup etc in bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luvear

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Where do I start??? I stayed at this hotel 3 nights in 4 days and at no point with all those interactions with staff did I ever have anyone of them smile at me and offer any kind of customer service and at one point I was served by a manager. The girl who checked me in the first night was rude, condesending and very judgemental. On the 2nd day of our stay I had to ask for our room to be serviced as they completely bypassed our room. Upon checkout I was charged for car parking that was supposed to be included in my room rate. Not to mention this hotel is in a terrible location, its close to the train station and Westfield if thats your thing but as far as being close to good food and culture is concerned forget it. I only chose this hotel because it was cheap and my regular Parramatta Hotel was booked out but never again!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Livinthedreamlife
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Besides from the breakfast being over priced and I believe not very good the rest of the stay was very good. The dinner menu has a good range and worth trying. The staff are all very helpful and attentive. I would happily recommend.

Room Tip: I tend to try and stick to the rooms not adjacent to the lift, rest are good. Bar closes early on Su...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We booked on booking.com and requested a room with a balcony unfortunately we did not receive this. The room was ok bathroom was quite old and worn. Check in was a hassle even though I called half an hour in front organising my partner to check in. Hotel needed a bond which was not an issue but it was an issue that we chose to pay in cash. Hotel reception were quite arrogant and did not offer a warm friendly vibe. I have definitely stayed in better hotels for the same price.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Holidaytripvacation
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here with my daughter for two nights and we have stayed here previously and have not been disappointed. We got a great deal off the mantra website and stayed in a king spa suite for less than the cost of a standard room in nearby hotels. The room was huge as was the bathroom and the bed, although softer than I would've liked, was comfortable. The only bad points were that the room air conditioner was quite noisy and we had a mix up with the room service breakfast that we ordered but we were compensated with one free night car parking, which was nice. The staff were super friendly and efficient, taking a special interest in the competition that my daughter was competing in at home bush. The hotel is walking distance to the huge parramatta Westfield and an easy 10 min drive to Olympic park. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and will be staying here again

Room Tip: The king spa suites are very spacious
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here recently for one night mid week. Central location, the apartment had a TV in both the main lounge room and bedroom. My apartment on one of the floors near the top had a small balcony with a view over the Sydney skyline. Very steep step down from the room to the balcony, be careful. Fittings and fixtures showing their age, lots of dust build up if you looked closely, room needed a really good thorough spring clean, carpet clean and paint job. The lifts were very slow, allow lots of time in morning peaks. Staff were friendly, bar was good, breakfast was very good. The foyer, bar and restaurant look great, rooms need some $$$$ spent on them to upgrade.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been recently renovated.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here during Easter 2014. they treated us like kings and queens when we checked in. bottle of wine on arrival Easter goodies in the room we weren't expecting! the location is awesome! a block away from Westfield Parramatta and Cinemas. Also a block away from public transport (Major bus interchange & train station) which is well lit and secure. A cab rank literally at the hotel front door. a $12 cab ride to the local Leagues Club that offered great food and entertainment. So close to Olympic park/Allphones arena/showgrounds by train. I found no problems with the outside noise at night. We Requested for no minibar in our room and they gladly got rid of it for us. For $99 dollars a night the Parramatta Mantra exceeded my expectations. I would recomend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends