“Poor handling of food”

Restaurant 317
Ranked #36 of 457 Restaurants in Parramatta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor handling of food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had a bad experience with restaurant 317, though the price was reasonable and the environment its self was fine. The handling of their food had been poor.

I ordered a sizzling seafood hotpot for $20.90 on 16/7/2014 around 7pm. As the meal its self appeared fine and was great on the pallet, i would not realize the journey that i was about to embark.

8 hours later whilst im asleep i had woken up to a sudden launched towards my bathroom.
I dont need to go in to detail but this journey has taken me to 5pm from bed to bathroom all day..

Still no better progression.

I cant manage to keep down any food or liquid at this stage.
I may have had a bad batch, or meat cross contamination im not to sure.I am for certain this experience is related to this meal i had enjoyed from restaurant 317..

Apart from that everything else was good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank careen2014

Sydney
“3rd time dining - Good but Not Great. Staff Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Requesting a pre-ordered meal for table delivery at a certain time due to local commitments? Not many restuarants would offer this service but 317 has come to table for us the past 3 years with this request. The staff are on the ball, all expect one on my recent visit was a pleasure offering friendly, fast and dedicated customer service. Being on Church street, this place does gets busy but was surprised at the large number of people taking meals at 6pm. My meal itself was lack lustre. On paper it sounded devine but the 'veal lemon' just didn't live up to those words, meat was overcooked and the white wine lemon sauce purely tasted like a barrel of lemons, very overpowering with no subtlies of flavour which is a shame with such a beautiful meat. Good selection of seasonal vegetables. Meal size is good but what you would expect for a $30 main. Overall a pleasant dining experience considering our time constraints. We truly appreciate the staff accommodating us with such ease, the main reason we will return.

• Visited July 2014
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Quick Bite and Run”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

ParraMahatmah is on the up and up. More choice, variety of prices and a great mall environment that is very multicultural right in the heart of the city.
Food was good, but not amazing. Well priced for the offerings, and service very friendly and super quick.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Wally S
Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum! Yum! Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Love this place! Great food & atmosphere! A must for us whenever we're in Sydney! Always busy, but we've never waited too long for a meal. Love the lasagne! Huge selection of meals & drinks!

“Poorly made food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The service was ok but my seafood pasta was too salty and the pasta was under cooked. I just couldn't eat it all. Disappointing.

1 Thank Alejandra C