“Go elsewhere”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We had dinner here on the 7 December 2013. We had been here previously a few months ago and the service and food were impeccable, so we were really looking forward to dining there again.
Well, to start with we had the trainee waitress who only gave us one menu between the two of us and did not offer us the Specials Menu. We only discovered this when the more experienced waitress offered another couple the Specials Menu. I had the garlic prawns and it was disgusting - the sauce tasted like tomato puree. My partner had the calamari and it was rubbery. We were served the mains and both were extremely bland and both of the veal dishes were tough and not well-cooked. It didn't even taste like there was any salt or pepper added to any of the dishes, let alone any other seasonings/flavours. I could not eat my veal deal it was sooo bad so we had that taken off the bill. I had ordered the same dishes last time we were there and really it was chalk and cheese - the first time the dishes were tasty and well-cooked and this time they couldn't be any worse - bland and badly cooked. One of the waitresses explained that the chef had walked out and the owners were doing the cooking (if you could call it that!). To top it off when we went to pay the bill, there was a baby in the bar area (talk about totally unprofessional).
Really, don't bother wasting your money here, there are so many better restaurants in Parramatta.

1  Thank Dee P

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Had dinner with a group of 10 people. The service was slow to begin with and required the assistance of other waiters during the night to keep everybody attended to. The food was ok but certainly pricey. I paid $34 for a rib eye steak which was cooked well but no better than my local RSL club which costs $10 less. A 330ml bottle of Heineken was $8. I buy a carton of 24 bottles for $40 at my local bottle shop! Also the acoustics are poor. As the other tables increased in volume it was very hard to hear people talking at my own table.

1  Thank mitchellaustralia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very slow service, food OK, nothing to get excited about & make you want to return. Saturday night & was reasonably busy.

Overall, for the cost & service can do much better elsewhere in Parramatta.

2  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 13 October 2013

White tablecloths, good menu and very good food. A favourite of ours at Parramatta. Good for before theatre meals but excellent for a long leisurely evening.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Dined alone. Waitress was very friendly and efficient with the wine service. Ordered Lamb Shanks, they were tender but totally lacked flavour. Ordered a cheese platter and after waiting 20 minutes asked them to cancel which they agreed, as they had not started preparing. The place was not busy. Left a little hungry, would not return.

2  Thank Mickthered