“Very nice stay”

and 1 more site!
Le Dahu Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Argentiere
Reviewed 13 September 2013

"Le Dahu" is a great hotel at very decent price. The rooms and en-suite bathroom are modern and clean. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast excellent. It's very conveniently located for many walks or public transport (free for anyone staying in hotels). We had a room with a great view over Argentière Glacier from our balcony. The only downside of the Glacier view is that the room is on the main street and it can be a bit noisy for people with a light sleep...
I would definitely go back there with pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gowgowuk

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Great overnight stay. Booking easy. Central location. Excellent value. Very clean. Nice, Comfortable beds. Breakfast particularly good. Friendly staff. Stayed here as part of Mont Blanc trail - perfect - Thankyou!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Just had five days in Argentiere to be with family in a village we have known for 20 years. The first time we have stayed in the hotel but always loved its position. Our room overlooked the wonderful mountains with a pretty balcony. En suite loo and shower room both recently done up and very nice. Fantastic breakfast with more fresh fruit salad, fruit, cakes, ham, cheese, eggs etc and of course wonderful French bread and fresh croissants.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fiona G
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Third time we have stayed at this hotel. Lovely, clean hotel. Friendly service. Ideal location for skiing in Chamonix. On main street so ideal location for bus, shops and a couple of pubs. Good ski room for skis and boots.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank willi3g
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed here with my four sons for a week of skiing. Veronique and her team are lovely. The room was a family room which meant two rooms with bunks for boys and a separate room for me and oldest boy. Ensuite loo and shower room. All very compact but exactly what we needed. Warm, spotless, rooms. Comfortable beds.

At first sight the breakfast looks pricey... but it's a great breakfast! Overall still adds up to fantastic value for a hotel in the Chamonix valley. Great location too and easy off street parking. Ski room even has top notch heated ski boot rack to have your boots toasty and dry in the morning.

On the day of departure I had a big problem when I found I had left my jacket in a Restaurant across the street together with the key for the hire car. The Jacket had been pinched. Veronique was really kind and helpful - helped me search and helped arrange taxi to get us back to airport.

Overall lovely budget hotel, great value. We will be coming back whenever we are near to Chamonix.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob_Allcock
Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Dahu for 3 nights on a work ski trip. Before arriving my colleagues had tried to lower my expectations based on their previous stays and their knowledge that I like nice hotels. On arrival I was really impressed! I've never stayed in a 2* hotel before & I'm not really sure why the Dahus rating is so low - perhaps it's something like they don't have a 24hr reception... Anyway, I was in Room 2 which was a corner room with plenty of space, a balcony, large shower, double sink, and private loo. The room was spotlessly clean, warm and had a comfy bed with plenty if pillows, duvets and blankets.
Breakfast was continental and perfectly nice.
I'd recommend this hotel.
The location is perfect for the local skiing regions and there's plenty if restaurants and bars nearby. There is also a ski bus which transports you to the slopes.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Le Dahu for a long weekend. Nice refurbished bedroom, good beds and shower. Staff very friendly and helpful and nice to start the day in a breakfast room looking out on Argentiere and The Glacier d'Argentiere.

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Argentiere
0 mi away
5 mi away
Hotel du Clocher
Hotel du Clocher
#37 of 73 in Chamonix

Been to Le Dahu Hotel? Share your experiences!