Anantara Si Kao Resort
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,564 results
All reviewsbeach housekoh kradankids clubitalian restaurantemerald cavekrabi airportlow seasonsea viewprivate beachandaman seainfinity poolthai foodfamily poolper personday tripbeautiful locationnearby islands
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We had a long holidays at Krabi and Trang during Thai New Year 2012 (April). We stayed at Anantara Sikao 3D/2N at Deluxe Family Room. I will list the pros and cons for my point of view during stay. I did not use the spa so no comments at all about it.

CONS:
Cleanness: Inside the room several points with dust in the floor (specially near the window). For instance, We went day-off and we return the insects died still there on floor to prove that clean service is really a issue. The surround around hotel should be done urgently a deep cleanness task as examples at walls you can see clear that some points long time never clean.
Breakfast: not good experience for us. The pineapple juice was rotten and we tell to waiter about this and they remove it. After this case naturally we did not enjoy the breakfast seems all around was not good, so not fair talk more about breakfast.
Cost: for the rate amount we have paid did not match with the hotel installation/service. Extremely cost for a drink in the pool bar....margherita almost THB 400!!! The problem that is a standard drink not special to make me happy pay this amount. The same drink for instance in crowd tourist areas is 3 times less and sometimes much better quality drink. Another example was the boat trip we had booked 4 islands tour with the hotel but too much expensive around THB 5,800 per one longtail boat! I have done same style of tour at Phi Phi Island and paid only THB 2,500 through HolidayInn.
Kids Activities: one of the reasons to select Anantara was due the reviews about the kids activities organized by the hotel staff. But did not happen, even near to Thai New Year holidays the amount of guests may was not enough for them organize something, we spent the two days with no activities to kids. We walk around hotel and even no warm welcome for kids happen.
Food: you will have very limited option for food. There are two restaurants at hotel (Thai and Italian) and maybe only one trustful outside nearby at beach village seafood restaurant called York.
Internet: wifi is free on at hotel lobby. In the room is necessary buy access for wifi… I could not believe it! The cost is high as usual for Anantara: 24 hours access THB 500 and 1 hour access THB 250.

PROS:
Environment: the resort has really a good privileged area. The river encounters the sea making some nice view. Also during low tide the sand bank appears and a walking through at end of afternoon could be perfect.
Acqua Restaurant: really superb food. Tasteful and well prepared. Menu not too much options but well balanced. Wine is also available but too expensive. The food is really good but the price was more than my expectations.
Facilities: nice swimming pool with a small slide for kids, Jacuzzi at main pool. Kayak, bicycle, mini-golf, tennis, soccer are examples of how busy your day could be there.
Tour Hub: If you would like visit the islands nearby for a tour day then Anantara is good hub for you. For example, we rent a car at Krabi and drove until Anantara (~1h30m). During our stay there we visited islands nearby. Koh Muk because the Morakot Cave (emerald Cave)..superb place need to swimming at darkness cave to arrive in the small spot beach….beautiful scene but only at low tide is possible to do this… sometimes a little adrenaline could be produced during swimming at cave. Another island we have visited was Koh Kradan and Koh Ngai. We got a lunch time at Fantasy resort at Koh Ngai seems be the best beach around and more developed. Koh Kradan we have done snorkeling but not such special place as expected, also the Anantara restaurant was not working that day and the facilities we did not visit.

Finally, we could say that worth a visit to the region but when I remember the expenses for this travel then I would think twice before do again. I received an e-mail from hotel offering now a second visit with 15% discount, but frankly speaking pay an average of USD 200 per room per day and all the high cost around hotel offerings (food, boat, internet) then there are much better places in this earth to do that. If they continue with this cost for services and rooms them they will be in serious problem in future otherwise they need increase service to stand up and match cost.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Bittencourt
Morten J, General Manager at Anantara Si Kao Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for your feedback with detailed summery of your experiences here with us. We will be looking into each point mentioned and continue to work on these. I am also very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our A La Carte restaurant as well as our facilities and excursions. We are currently re-looking at our children club and am sure you will find our changes very positive should you plan to visit us again. We hope to welcome you all back again and please do let me know should you need any information or assistance.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed in the resort a few years ago while it was still under Amari management. It seems like that since that nothing has changed in the rooms and they look a bit tired.
But the service changed to the worse. Upon arrival nobody came and helped to carry the luggage eventhough staff was there and watched my wife and me. The food tastes just average nothing special. The guests are mainly group tourists from Europe and you will notice that quickly.
The resort itself in a remote location about 1 1/2 hours south from Krabi. If you stay there you would need a car otherwise it will get boring. In general a resort likemany others with nothing outstanding but problems with the service.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SAT33
Morten J, General Manager at Anantara Si Kao Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for your feedback, these are very valuable to us here at Anantara Si Kao Resort & Spa and will be looked into and rectified. I do hope that you will once again visit our resort in the future and enjoy a more memorable and pleasant stay here with us. In the meantime, please do let me know should you need any further information or assistance.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

This place is just awesome!

First the overall layout and setting of the hotel buildings on the gorgeous ground just get your first impression WOW !.

On the huge area of the resort along with the endless beachfront, the hotel makes use of the space very elegantly. we enjoyed every corner they have.

Next, Breakfast is unforgetable to me. I went to many many 5 stars resorts and still like this one alot. Downside is the limited tableware i.e. napkin and utensils on the full ocupany days. So when I went at 8:30 am I had to ask for it twice and had to wait for the new washed juice glass for a while. But once you started with the food, I forgot all the crap. Everything is delicious. Loved the cheese most!

To confirm my review, I immediately extended my stay when I got the room (Deluxe Terrace #110). I even got a cheaper rate for Thai residents even on the full occupany day.

In all, I would recommend any families and couple who dont mind young families since this place is truely romantic at its sunset beach house.

P.S.
Tips. Do come by car otherwise be prepared for a roundtrip transportation to community market at THB 300. No other local transportation service available. no nearby restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Deluxe terrace is much nicer than normal deluxe or even the seaview.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Atom

Dear Valued Guest
First of all thank you very much for staying here with us and Anantara Si Kao and for taking your time to give us your feedback, My team and I are very happy to read that you all thoroughly enjoyed your time here and went home with many new memories. We will also look into your comments with regards to the tableware and ensure this does not happen again. We look very much forward to hopefully welcoming you all back again soon and please do let me know anytime I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

My wife and I stayed in the resort for 8 Days in January this year following 10 Days in Krabi.We were expecting a quiet stay in a relatively remote area but instead found that Tui are now using the Resort as a family friendly stay for Scandinavian couples with young children.However although this created a fair amount of noise due to the many games ect particularily around the pool the resort is large enough to find areas which are much quieter.
The Resort setting is excellent with a fine sandy beach full of shells at low tide and a River estuary to one side of the Resort.Swimming is fine at high tide although the water due to the Estuary is not crystal clear.
The food in all the Restaurants was very good but get in early or late and choose your table well to avoid the noisy children.
Pak Meng Beach about 1 mile from the Resort is an alternative to the Resort for eating,as there are many Thai Restaurants to choose from where you eat at tables amongst the trees on the beach,the food being very good and cheap.
Our room was excellent overlooking the River,Beach and Offshore Islands,and we spent most evenings on the Balcony cooled by a fan watching the Sunset whilst enjoying a beer or two.The Room was upgraded from the Standard Room but wasn't that much extra.
We had hired a car for the length of our Holiday so we could explore the National Parks, Waterfalls, Hot Water Springs and Temples in both Krabi Province and Trang Province and particularily inTrang we became the major attraction at many of the remote areas we went to were everyone was very friendly and the children enjoyed practicing there English on us.The hotel supply a very good area map if you ask although the signposting in Trang can leave a bit to be desired.Driving is easy as long as you watch out for the motorbikes often on the wrong side of the road.
The places we visited are too numerous to list although a visit to the Emerald Pool,and the Waterfalls East of Trang town are a very spectacular.A boat trip to the offshore Islands for Snorkelling is also recommended either from the Resort or the Boats running from Pak Meng Pier,which we did.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Anantara and the Trang area,but would suggest that an Adults only area preferably with a pool would benefit the Resort and meet the expectations of like minded travelers to ourselves

Room Tip: Upgrade to rooms overlooking the River.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank midlander44
Morten J, General Manager at Anantara Si Kao Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Valued Guest
First of all thank you very much for taking your time to give us your feedback from your recent stay, I am very happy to read that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay here and we all look very much forward to welcome you all back again. It also makes us happy that you managed to explore our surrounding areas as much as you did and hopefully have many beautiful memories to take home with you. I have noted all your comments including the one with regards the possibly of adding another pool. Please do let me know anytime I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Overall we enjoyed our family stay in this property, but we certainly didn't feel pampered at anytime. It just didn't come up to scratch in a few critical areas you would expect from a reputed 5 star resort. Well appointed rooms but too small for the money you pay. Very crowded food serving areas, buffet was a scramble everyday, Thai Food was not great - I can only guess they were catering for European taste buds. The prices for food and spa or massage treatments are way over the top. You even have to pay for your water at lunch and dinner. There was +90% occupancy during our stay & all but a few people where from Scaninavia so perhaps if you are from that part of the world - its the place for you. Value for money? - I don't think so!

Room Tip: Go for the garden view rooms on the ground floor - it will feel like a bigger room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Phooey_HK

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you taking your time to give us your constructive feedback. I am very sorry to read that not all experiences from your stay were up to your expectations, we will certainly look into all your comments and work on ensuring any shortfall are rectified. We look forward to another chance of earning your trust and business once again. Please do let me know anytime I can be of any assistance.