Anantara Si Kao Resort
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,560 results
All reviewsbeach housekoh kradankids clubitalian restaurantemerald cavekrabi airportlow seasonsea viewprivate beachandaman seainfinity poolthai foodfamily poolper personday tripbeautiful locationnearby islands
Reviewed 14 March 2008

We have just returned from 11 nights in the amari, and I hope this answers some questions I asked before my trip.
We flew from Heathrow via Bangkok to krabi, one word of warning if you buy duty free, fluids over 100 mls must be rechecked in, a bit of a pain otherwise every thing purchased would be confiscated.
We arranged a transfer through the hotel for appox £40.00.
We didn’t arrive until 2330 and were checked in a very efficient manner.
The following morning we were able to appreciate the fantastic views from the balcony, we were allocated in room 315 and I would thoroughly recommend this room, the view was fantastic!
The room had every thing you needed tea and coffee as well as all the usual amenities.
Breakfast was wonderful again everything you could ask for, lunch was served by the pool or restaurant serving breakfast.
Evening meals were taken in this restaurant or the Italian, only two restaurants opened not three.
We ate in both and found the prices reasonable.
There are no restaurants outside in the western term, more like cafes with plastic tables and chairs on the beach.
I would not let this put you off as the food was excellent and the prices were minimal.
I think the restaurant was called yok yor.
A lot has been mentioned on TA about the cost of drinks, there were 4 bottles of water in the room every day, drinks in the bar were 240bhts + tax for a large singha or a cocktail.
Food was also very reasonably priced.
If you travel to an upmarket hotel you have to expect to pay a premium.
The hotel has a fantastic tailors shop, the standard of work was excellent, a suit for £130.00 and two shirts for about £30.00.
I would defiantly recommend something being made.
The spa again in the hotel was reasonably priced £40.00 for an hours massage.
If you like night markets, shops and bars, massages on the beach then look at another resort, if on the other hand you want total relaxation beautiful surroundings at a very reasonable price then this is the place for you!
If you have any questions then contact me.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank topcat1973
Reviewed 9 March 2008

A little out of the way- about 40min from the town of Trang and the airport- its remoteness is probably one of its benefits. If your looking for nightlife and restaurant options then this isnt the place. But for a relaxing break this was a great option. A fairly modern property, apparently only 5 years old, which is well maintained. A great location overlooking the ocean and a number of islands. Rooms are well appointed, clean and comfortable. While food options are limited it was good quality. The Beach House area was a great place to relax on the lounges with a cocktail and take in the sunset. Only stayed for 3 days so didnt get a chance to do any tours or try the spa but did try out the gym which was small and well equipped. Hope to stay a little longer next time.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
5  Thank Alena&Steve
Reviewed 2 March 2008

What would you say if I told you that you could stay in a 5* resort with chic and stylish design, extremely attentive service, great pool, an enormous uncrowded beach with beautiful views of nearby islands, in a part of the world relatively untouched by tourism, all for under $150 USD per night? Wouldn't you jump at the opportunity? You can do all of the above at Amari Trang.

We absolutely loved our stay at this place. Our biggest regret was not staying longer. After a disappointing stay at some other places in the south of Thailand, we finished our trip to Thailand by visiting the less travelled Trang province, 2 hours south of Krabi. We knew when we walked into the stunning reception met by smiling faces that we made the right decision. We had an enormous room that was as stylish as rooms we have stayed in in NYC or London. Other bonuses include a decent though small fitness centre and free internet on two computers (great for checking on your flights, but don't read your e-mails to often: you are on vacation!). The Sivara spa was one of the best we ever visited, and the excursion to the Amari house on Ko Kradan was one of the highlights of the trip. Don't forget to book a dinner outdoors at Acqua restaurant.

Suffer through the jet lag and get to this place. You will love it.

Stayed: February 2008
6  Thank Roncy
Reviewed 19 January 2008

Me and my wife together with my Sister’s family and our mother visit Amari Trang Beach Resort the first 10 days of January.

Words are not enough to express our feelings for these vacations that will always stay in our memories as The BEST VACATIONS EVER..!!

My sister made a complete review (it’s the one before this) concerning the Hotel, its facilities,so I will not repeat the same thinks.. We loved the unbelievable breakfast, the fantastic views from the Sunset Bar every afternoon, and the long drinks every night in the beach house bar accompanied with live music.. I my review you will find a lot of photos that can trip you there and make you start dreaming…

The most unforgettable thing on these vacations, something that no one of us will forget is the hospitality of these people, how warm and polite they are and ALWAYS with a smile.. Only for this atmosphere these people make, worth to visit again and again.. and it is the people not the place.. Wrong people in Heaven
can ruin everything..

No words about Phillip the GM of the Hotel.. A very nice guy, very professional from the first moment to the last.. Cares about everything and especially for his guests.. You can see him from the reception, to the pool, to the restaurant talking for hours with the guests..

All in all the Hotel is HIGHLY recommended for people who wants to relax their bodies and their souls like we did..

We will return next year for 20 days dear friends from Amari Trang and we hope to meet you all again…

George and Georgia from Santorini Greece

…Heaven, I'm in Heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak;
And I seem to find the happiness I seek….

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
8  Thank George-AVH
TBR-GM, General Manager at Anantara Si Kao Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2008

Dear "George_Acqua_Vatos"
It puts a big smile on my face reading through your review. Thank you for all the encouraging words and comments, which have been shared with the management and staff!
I am happy to read that we were able to make some more friends of the Amari Trang Beach Resort with you and your family!
We look forward to welcome you back to - as you called it - "heaven on earth".
Sincerely
Philipp Reutener

Reviewed 19 January 2008

“Heaven” is a word that can describe this place. Reading the latest reviews on this hotel I would like to add my opinion and also answer to some of them.

We stayed there for nine nights from 4th to 13th of January, a family of eight people, two couples three children and a mum. Booking was for two triples and a double. Traveling from Europe with a four years old baby and two teens twelve and thirteen years old is not the easiest thing to do. Especially if you follow the way direct from Athens to Bangkok and then flight to Krabi and transferred to Trang one and half hour trip by car. Being first time in Thailand you don’t know what to expect. As you don’t meet beautiful villages on the way to hotel, maybe you feel a bit anxious about the place that you chose for your vacations.

BUT…. arriving there you have no doubt that your choice was absolutely right. We were all greeted with a welcome smile by the staff and manager in the foot step of the hotel. Immediately they took care of our luggage and offered us a refreshing drink and cold towels together with orchid flowers. We waited only for a few minutes in the lobby bar talking to Mr. Philipp while the reception staff was checking us in, asking only for our passports.

The first impression was more than excellent. Minutes later a very polite lady showed us to our rooms. They were very clean and comfortable, offering all the amenities (even detergent for our swimming suites). Spacious rooms (45 square meters) with a bathtub and a separate shower and the largest bed I have ever seen.
Anything you can possibly need you have it in this room. The extra large balcony was connected to the one next to it with two wooden doors while two armchairs a wooden table, a small sofa bed and a ceiling fan were completing the outdoor decoration. TV set and a DVD player kept our children happy during bed time. Pay attention to the lights. Not so bright but enough to read and have a nice romantic atmosphere at night.

I also notice that an extra room card was put in the slot just in case that you want to live the AC on and find your room cool at your return. Free drinking water was delivered daily, so did newspapers with a flower in the pillow. Cookies, milk, and bedtime stories for the kids, every evening.
So many nice touches everywhere around. In the small kiosk next to the mini bar you could find in very low prices among others, mosquito spray and pills for stomach pain. In reference to those who are talking about how expensive the water was, I have to tell you that except the four (4) bottles that we had daily delivered free of charge, there was a cheap local water and the expensive of course European “Vitel” water.
But if you are a miserable and you want to complain you can choose “Vitel”. Anyway you always have the option of the “dirty chicken lady” just over the road from the hotel to buy “everything” at local prices.

The place is a Heaven on earth. Everybody is smiling trying to communicate in such a different language from their own mother’s tongue. And they try hard.
Maybe they miss some words when you order, but they also can’t pronounce and understand the letters g, s, and r as they do not exist in their native language. So if you slowly explain to them what you want, they will be more than happy to provide the best service.
Now if your mother tongue is English and especially if you speak with a hard accent, you should try harder and speak slower in order to communicate with them.
Have a taste of the atmosphere of this place and of the smiling faces of the people, instead of complaining for not understanding you.
Keep in mind that their culture is so different from what we call “western culture”. This is Asia. Not Europe, not North America. It is a whole world with history and beauty.

Now about the activities. The small village nearby is nothing important but do take the bike that the hotel offers for free and go for a ride during sunset. Or take the kayak from the beach, also free of charge, and follow all the way to the right under the bridge into the river.
Relax with a yoga lesson on the grass and learn how you can make batik print on your T-shirt.
Book the elephant trekking through the hotel’s front desk and you will have the fun of your life. Unique experience for those that do afraid of heights.
So many things to do in such a little time. Ten days only.

The boat trip to Koh Kradan and Koh Mook islands was amazing. If you book the trip through the hotel, on schedule days of course, you will find the Beach Club in Koh Kradan open offering the same services as the hotel does.
Beautiful beaches snorkeling and virgin untouched beauty as the hotel advertised.
Massage treatments was another relaxing time for me and my sister. Ladies were so polite and they never complained for changing again and again the time of our bookings. Everything clean and comfort ready to relax you and make you feel like a queen.

Now about the pool and the cloudy water that some other guests complained.
I don’t understand what the meaning of the word “cloudy” is, since I found it extremely clean and crystal clear. Not a sign of chloride chemicals that turns your eyes red.
Refreshing drinks in reasonable prices and breathtaking sunsets on the Beach House bar. Special thanks to Mrs. Wansa the waitress for her attention and patience.

Did I mention how polite was everyone? Beach in front of the hotel is not very clean due to flood-tide, but who cares? Take the kayak and go to the sand-bar opposite of the beach for swimming. You can also collect shells while you take your sunbath.

Food… Sushi, all kinds of meet, rice, smoked salmon, readymade eggs and a chef ready to prepare your own request of omelets on the spot. All these FOR BREAKFAST!!!! And of course the usual, croissant jams all kinds of bread, cereals,
pancakes, tropical fruits, cakes etc.etc…

For about 750 Baht you can have a buffet dinner (different each evening) that you must try hard to have a taste of everything. Ala carte menu is also excellent offering a variety of Asian dishes as well as the usual Pizza, Pasta, T-bone and Burgers.
Do I have to mention again that the prices were reasonable? 200 Baht (4 Euros) for a drink are not that much. Neither is 300 Baht (6 Euros) for an extra large burger.
Why don’t you check the catalogue and the prices on line on the official site as we did? You will know what to expect.
Now if you are looking for cheap wine in Thailand better go to California or Australia.
After all I have to tell you that nothing was expensive for a really five star hotel. If you know what a five star hotel is.

Isolated. Maybe it is for the clubbers, party animals, shoppers and fancy people who expect to surprise the crowd showing the new Versace dress. Or for those that didn’t check properly before they book their vacation.
The place is ideal for relaxing and I mean relax for body and mind. Ideal for families. And also for couples who are looking for romance and privacy. You have things to do.
Ten days were not enough for us. So we will return next year for twenty days this time.

I saved the best part for the end. Manager!!! Mr. Philipp.

So welcome, so warm and personal with all his guests, and each and every one of them. He was taking care of everything magically. Ask for his advice on anything.
We enjoyed his company on the Beach House Bar where he offered a drink to all of us.
A big thanks to him and also the assistant manager Adrian, for their attention to our family and for the time that they spent with us.

Also a big thanks to the staff that made our vacations so unforgettably special just by offering their smile.

See you all next year

Alina from Santorini Island

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
11  Thank alinaSantorini

Dear alinaSantorini
Thank you very much for your long and detailed review!
I am very happy to read that all of your family have thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Amari Trang Beach Resort.
We are all very much looking forward to your return.
I remain until then with my best regards from the beautiful and untouched south of Thailand.
Sincerely