“Just a perfect holiday...”

Anantara Si Kao Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sikao
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I would say this hotel might be the most valuable 5-star hotel in Thailand that offer most spectacular seaview in front of your room (Deluxe seaview room). At this price, you would hardly find a better seaview from any hotel in Thailand. Highly recommend for spending a chilling holiday here.
Breakfast is great with variety of international food. However, less selection for lunch and dinner, though they have Thai restaurant and Italian restaurant, but unfortunately not so many selection of dishes in the menu if they can improve the selection of menu in both restaurants, this would be more than perfect. Service and staff are very nice and friendly. Deluxe seaview room is great and smell so good with the aroma ador, we're impressed with the spa shower gel, spa lotion and spa shampoo provided they smell really nice. The adult pool is quiet and private. I found this hotel is good for everyone, couple, friends, family with kids (large kid's club with lots of good quality toys), just choose the right time, the right room type and room location to suit your needs. Your stay will be happily perfect.

Room Tip: Deluxe seaview on 2nd or 3rd floor for most stunning seaview, without coconut tree in front, choose...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 April 2014

…..but credit should be given when credit is due!

What a lovely and peaceful place to “get away”. Came down one week after Songkran and had a magnificent stay, which was extended to twice the length because we enjoyed ourselves so much.

The hotel had three restaurants and we tried them all, and was not disappointed. Very good food, from “Fine Dining” to traditional Thai-food. Recommend club sandwich for lunch. There is a Car Park is needed. They had an own diving center, a kids pool, a normal pool and a big “No children under 12 years”-pool (which I must say I really enjoyed!). Lots of free stuff to do like mini golf, volleyball and football. Also tried the Spa and it's was very professional and good. Last, but not least, a stunning scenery to look at and one of the most beautiful sunsets I have seen in Thailand.

Friendly and service-mined staff, and I must say there were a lot for European English speaking staff as well as local staff (some spoke very good English). There was always someone to look after us when we needed it. Thanks to the nice and friendly Indian guy at the hotel (unfortunately I can’t remember his name….) who we always was chatting with. Also a special thanks to the other guy who always was around whenever there was something we needed, had any questions and so on. That guy was never more then 2 minutes away (think his name tag said “Torgrim”). After we have been traveling in Thailand a bit, you learn that not everything will work or run 100% in this country – That’s just the way Thailand is……
So from my perspective what you need is someone that can take charge and help/fix when not everything is 100%, and I must say this guy really came though!

Thanks for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank vTRAVELv
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed twice during April. Both times equally great! I really enjoyed the remote location and total relaxation in the beautiful surroundings, with my favorite being the adult only swimming pool. It was seldom more than a few guests around the pool. Tried all the restaurants, and the prices are not as expensive as other 5* hotels in Thailand and in my opinion offered great value for money. Staff was tentative and really went out of their way to ensure I had a great stay. Will hopefully be back later this year. Thank you Anantara Si Kao!

1  Thank Arildvia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Even though i am Thai and have traveled to many part of the country i must say that this has been my favorite vacation spot. My room had a terrace that opened out to the beach and both the sand and the ocean were spotless. The service was friendly and attentive and i hope that i will have the chance to visit again soon.
I would like to personally thank GM. Dylan and all the staff for making my stay very memorable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed with my family during the Songkran period. Busy hotel during the time, but good service and loads to do. Kids loved the kids club with good quality wood toys and the adult part of the family enjoyed the SPA and the sunset drinks in the Beach House. Also went to nerby islands and kayaking around the hotel. Definately recommendable!

Room Tip: Garden View overlooks the pool while the Seaview overlooks Pakmeng beach!
1  Thank Zofies_Verden
Dylan C, General Manager at Anantara Si Kao Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comment on Trip Advisor and thank you for helping us celebrate "Songkran", the unique Thai New Year festive season.

We were very happy to read your review, and are glad that you and your family were able to enjoy the resort facilities and services.

It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed Spa, our environmentally friendly kids club and the nearby tropical islands. I am also glad you took the time to enjoy some of our Thai flavored cocktails while enjoying a world class sunset from our beach house restaurant.

Thank you once again for staying with us. I personally look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to Anantara Sikao in the near future.

Anantara Sikao Resort & Spa

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked non-refundable deal and stayed in family sea view room for 2 nights:-

Pros:-

1) Room was quite spacious but smaller than we expected given the extra we paid for family room
2) Bakery items provided at breakfast tasted very good
3) Very tranquil location
4) Tasty restaurant on site (Aqua)
Cons
1)Tired property especially garden area. There are many stuffs on walkway that you would not expect to see for hotel at this price.
2) Our room has blocked view on left side by wall of another block (not panoramic) and so the value we pay for sea view is not worthwhile at all. Upon check out we did complaint and the hotel advised that we should not book via agoda and should book via hotel next time to be able to ask for better room allocation. For one who interested in family room, should note that you should request room in the middle of the block.
3) The linen and towel are not white and smell not good like were not dried properly. The water was from underground and color is yellowish when filling in the bathtub. The hotel should have invested more in water filtering system given the price.
4) Teas provided in room were stale (not replacing for long time from last guest)
5) Vegetable provided on Salad Bar was very poor using real cheap vegetable
6) Call to check for shuttle bus but never get return call

Room Tip: avoid family room that has blocked sea view
2  Thank JennyTH
Dylan C, General Manager at Anantara Si Kao Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and provide details regarding the pro's and con's of your stay. Your positive comments for Acqua, guest room space, general location and bakery items have been well received..

Thank you as well for the constructive feedback. I understand your disappointment with our product and the service provided to you, and I appreciate you detailing these points. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. Our team has welcomed the feedback and will look to make improvements moving forward.

As a direct result of your comments we have already taken action on some of the points mentioned including replacement of an industrial water filtration system which has solved the issues experienced with water quality, hiring additional staff to keep the pathways and guest corridors clean, and we have made a change in supplier for our fruits and vegetables.

If you wish to share any further feedback, I can be reached at dcounsel@anantara.com. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Anantara Sikao Resort & Spa

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel for four nights in early April, 2014. There are some wonderful things about it, and some things that could be improved. First, its location: It's on a beach at the south end of Pak Meng. It's remote, which is great. We got there from Krabi by taking a bus that dropped us off at the junction near Sikao. Then we took a mini bus - that happened by, which dropped us at a bus stop in Sikao. As we're waiting there (unclear what to do next) a very nice guy gave us a ride in his pick up directly to the hotel. Total cost of trip from Krabi to the resort: 70 baht. Not everyone will want to be this adventurous, it's true, but we somehow balked at paying the 1000 baht for the hotel to pick us up. When we arrived at the hotel, the room wasn't ready, but we had a drink in the bar while waiting (about $500 baht). Our room - sea view deluxe - was beautiful with a stunning view of the sea, karsts, sandbanks, sunset, etc. The room was clean - the housekeeping staff did a great job with our room the whole time - large, with a reasonably comfortable bed, nice shower facility, etc. The pool - we used the adults only pool - was the most wonderful pool I've ever had the pleasure to use - a good sized infinity pool overlooking the palm treed garden and sea. Truly gorgeous and, at least while we were there - relatively unused by other guests. The Thai staff are lovely and attentive. There are also a lot of European staff - which struck us as odd and out of place, but perhaps their language skills appeal to the kinds of guests this hotel attracts - Scandinavian families. We went one day to Ko Kradan - which is a small island off the coast where the hotel has facilities - and kayaked around the island and snorkeled (at least I did until I saw a sea snake). It was private-feeling and with gorgeous white sand beaches. This trip was a highlight - one really can't swim at the hotel's beach, mainly because the river that empties out in front of the Anantara makes the water murky. We also took a very nice tour of Trang with Mr. Bunty (the highly attentive guest services manager) - to the market, dim sum, a temple or two, a couple of stores. One rather odd aspect to this tour was a 90 minute stop at a mall - we weren't quite sure why so much time was allotted to this rather depressing mall *unless you needed more t-shirts or underwear?* but my husband and I used this time to walk around Trang and in our walk, met a lovely woman and her mother-in-law who told us all about Thai politics, etc. So it wasn't time wasted, at least for us.
So the pluses of this resort, in our opinion, are the rooms, the gardens, the Thai staff (in particular Jo and Sak were very gracious) and the fabulous pool. On the less positive side, I felt that the hotel nickels and dimes guests. Charging for every little thing seems unnecessary - 50 baht to drive to the town, 1000 for the pick up, 1600 for the drop off at the airport, 800 for the necessary trip to Ko Kradan, high prices for drinks, etc.. I'd much rather they raise their rates and not charge extra for everything. With the remote location, we felt trapped. At a minimum, in our opinion, the hotel should provide free transportation to Ko Kradan (necessary if you want to swim in the ocean) and a regular (free) shuttle service to town (so that you aren't stuck with eating hotel food for every meal). On the food - breakfast was great, lovely Thai staff were attentive to filling up coffee, etc., but the rest of the food that we had was only okay. And while not outrageous, I thought the food was expensive for what one got - I know it's a resort and one expects surcharges, but I just was left with a bit of a sour taste, so to speak. In short, this is a hotel with a lot of plusses but also could use a reality check that independent travelers have expectations for a bit more.

Room Tip: Seaview deluxe rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hilary D

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback and overall positive review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience in our Anantara Sikao. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our team members and in particular the service provided by our House Keeping team and Bunty, our ever active Guest Experience Team manager. Overall, our team were delighted to have received this feedback.

I appreciate your comments regarding hotel pricing and additional charges for boat shuttles, van shuttles and other incidental charges for services provided. Our intention is not to ‘nickel and dime’ guests as you have mentioned in the review. I do apologize if this is the impression you were left with. We will continue to work on our services to ensure that when our guests are charged, the value experience also meets expectations.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Anantara Sikao. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Anantara Sikao

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sikao
Mook Lamai Resort and Spa
The Sevenseas Resort
The Sevenseas Resort
#1 of 2 in Kantang
Koh Mook Sivalai Beach Resort

Been to Anantara Si Kao Resort? Share your experiences!