Stayed here recently after a business event and I must say I was impressed. From the moment we checked in the staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. This makes a change as most hotels take for ever to check in and staff don't engage in conversation. So it was a refreshing change to be met by this service.
The hotel and rooms had everything you need for a short stay. They were clean and tidy but most of all the bed and pillows were comfy. This is important to me being a light sleeper. I was worried about the location of the trainline outside but i never heard a thing. Hotel is ideally suited for those wanting to shop and the metrocentre, sightsee in Newcastle or adventure into Northumberland as the A1 is right on the doorstep.
Upon leaving a girl named Tara was really helpful to an elderly couple before me. Talk about going the extra mile. She went several.
My only negative with the hotel would be the carpark. Layout confusing and looked a little over grown and messy, but I would not let that detract from my visit.
All in all probably one of the best travelodges I've stayed in.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelodge Hotels Ltd so you can book your Travelodge Gateshead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Gateshead Hotel Swalwell
- Travelodge Hotel Gateshead
- Travelodge Hotel Swalwell
- Travelodge Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Travel Lodge Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Travelodge
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Travel Lodge
- Travelodge Gateshead Swalwell