Planos Bay Hotel
Very Good 4/5
  • Free Internet
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewswater parkkids clubsnack barevening entertainmententertainment teamthemed nightsgreat holidaywooden walkwaynext yearmini discofamily holidaychildren agedfootball pitchred applehotel poolstage areaall inclusive guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2013

i went to planos bay from the 27th sept until the 4th oct with my partner, nephew 14 and 3 kids 1,5 and 7 I don't know what people have to moan about this hotel the staff are lovely and friendly. the hotel food was really good I don't try new things but every night I tried something new on the menu. the kids loved the kids club loopy lauren, nick nack and zig zag zo are really good with the kids. the water park is amazing the kids loved and so did the adults all drinks was included and food at water park if u was all inclusive. the hotel rooms was very clean and fresh towels everyday. short walk from the shops and bars. we enjoyed it at the kaliva pub where there is a park and bouncy castle for the kids. I would defo go back to this hotel and would recommad it to anyone with kids x

2  Thank emma r
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We are a family of 8, our 6 kids ages range from 3 to 13. transfers to the hotel were quick and comfortable, check in went smooth and we were in rooms 107 and 108, our rooms were fine, spacious and clean, being all inclusive we had t.v and air con although the air con stank of stale cigarette smoke which gave my 3 year old a terrible cough! Apart from that the room was fine, cleaners were very thorough, always clean bedding and towels and they always arranged the kids teddies!

The food was lovely, didn't have any faults and the themed nights in the water park were lovely too. The girls in the restaurant were fab, worked really hard and always friendly. It was our sons 3rd birthday while we were out there and they made him a birthday cake which was really nice. Always plenty of choice.
The only off putting thing is the wild cats, if you chose to sit outside they do scrounge for food, there very friendly and appear harmless just annoying when your trying to eat!

The pool area was fine and clean. Entertainment during the day was pretty poor and our 13 year old got quite bored quickly, water park was nice, a selection of slides and a nice sized pool with music and a bar. The kids part of the water park is great with a big pirate boat and lots of little slides, also really enjoyed the lazy river!

Night entertainment was OK, our younger kids really enjoyed the mini disco and joining in. Some nights it was good, quite enjoyed the greek dancing and the singers but was not to impressed with bingo on a Saturday night!! To be honest we enjoyed popping to the bar down the road called Kaliva pub, well worth a trip if you have young kids as there is a kids park with trampolines and a bouncy castle, if you do take a trip there be sure to order the Zante kiss cocktail they are amazing!

Whilst in tsilivi we did book an excursion with first choice company, we booked the pirate play away on the shipwreck cove. The coach to the port was long and the roads were very windy so not good if you suffer with travel sickness! Once we arrived we got onto a lovely little boat and sailed to the cove only to be told by the kids rep that we cannot get off the boat to the cove as the sea was too choppy, we were very disappointed about this, instead they did activities with the kids at the port an then the heavens opened! We appreciate the reps don't know what the weather will do however they are aware of how the sea is before you even leave the hotel so they should have let us know we couldn't get off the boat before we left for the coach, its safe to say every one complained! I would defo recommend the trip as the views are amazing however I would also recommend you ask the reps how the sea is before leaving the hotel.

Kids club was fantastic, couldn't fault them, kids went nearly every day to see Loopy Lauren, Nick Nack and Zig Zag Zo. Brilliant with the kids and very friendly especially zig zag zo and loopy lauren!

All in all we had a fab time here in planos bay, one thing I forgot to mention though was if you buy inflatables for the pool make sure you take them back to your room as the staff at night tidy around pool area and pop most of the inflatables, I complained about this and the hotel offered to buy me more of my choice, result!

Defo a family place, staff were lovely, food was lovely and our room was lovely so what more could you ask for, a holiday is what you make it!

1  Thank Alice D
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 10 night stay here. I have to say I don't understand what people are complaining about!

Our room was on the ground floor and overlooked the pool. We found it absolutely fine,the maids came every day and left clean towels as we did what you do when you want clean towels and left the used ones in the shower cubicle. The air conditioning unit could have been a bit better but I was never uncomfortably hot.

The restaurant was lovely....someone on here said its tacky but I don't know why....it was very nice! The food was great,always something that I liked and yummy puddings.

The staff are so friendly and helpful and they all work really really hard. Stathis is fantastic behind the bar.

The entertainment wasn't great but I wasn't expecting it to be. The Greek dancers were brilliant though and got everyone involved.

The water park was great and our girls loved the slides. The themed nights here are good too.

We got married while we were here,there was just us and out two girls and we were made to feel very special. The reps gave us a card which I thought was lovely and they came to wave us off when we left.

All in all a fantastic holiday and the staff are a credit to this place. I am keeping in touch with a lot of them.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank lilmissworry
Reviewed 5 October 2013

After reading some negative reviews before travelling I was dubious about the hotel but as soon as we arrived my doubts were laid to rest, the staff are all helpful and polite. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The entertainment staff were always around, even in low season speaking with guests, and happy to answer any questions or give helpful tips on local places etc..
There was plenty of choice in the restaurant for all meal times to accommodate a variety of taste buds and diets. But a diet is not what you want to be on when staying here, the desserts are exceptional!The hotel is in a brilliant location for exploring tsilivi as its close to the beach and shops. The waterpark is an added bonus and our 3 children aged between 3 and 7 all loved the pirate ship and aztec jungle areas. Just been ordering my photos and the smiles on their faces say it all.
This was our first family holiday abroad so there was quite a lot of expectation, and all i can say is this excelled! Thank you so much to all at the Planos for a wonderful holiday and special memories we will treasure.

2  Thank NicolaH415
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Just returned from Planos Bay after a week. Fantastic holiday. Staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. Rooms and all amenities were immaculate. Really cannot fault and being an ex travel agent myself I have stayed in some very questionable places but I really can't rate this place enough. I'm already pricing up for a two week stay next year. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have been refurbished.
2  Thank Clare M