“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Planos
edinburgh
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Having been to Tsilvi before we decided that we would come back this year. The first time we stayed in the Caravel and had a fantastic time so we thought that we would return to the resort but to a different hotel. This time, stupidly, in hindsight choosing the awful and filthy Tsivili Admirals which is just up the road.

After being shown to our room at the Admirals we were met with what can only be described as a filthy, smelly, dank and dark room. Shower not cleaned, hair and 'dirt' in the shower and the toilet, kitchen equipment rusty and dirty and damp bedding.
Went to the reception and complained about the room, telling them that it wasn't what we had paid for and or expecting and asked if we could move rooms.
Having been shown another room, not ideal but better than the original we said we would have it, then to be told that we couldn't and we would have to wait until the day receptionist arrived at 8am. We did this, waited for over an hour until she showed up. After a further half an hour of the two staff talking and laughing together whilst we sat there she asked what our problem was. Explained everything and she called us liars and said that the room was perfectly alright and what were we complaining about ( despite her not seeing the room and at that point not knowing what room we were allocated).
Tried to explain that we were not staying in that room as it was filthy and not what we booked but she was adamant that they were full and under no circumstances wewre they going to change the room and we would have to make do. Told them that we have paid to stay in a hotel room, that was advertied as such and not a filthy room and were happy to change but they wouldn't budge

I don't complain about holidays in general or cause a fuss and certainly not take the time to write a pointless review but feel that anyone considering staying at this place then don't.
Its AWFUL!!!!
The same morning we checked out and booked into the Caravel again and had a brilliant week.
If you come to Tsilivi then don't stay at the Admirals

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank magpie1862Edinburgh

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2010

me and my partner stayed at this hotel may 6th-20th 2010.and what can we say we both think it wasnt ready to open up to the public for the experiances we saw and heard.first day we got there we went into our room to find the shower head hanging off,that the toilet window wouldnt open it had broke.and to top it off our room was close to a dirty shed where they kept rubbish...around the hotel while we were there 2 weeks.. we had people painting rooms leaving paint around,loud noise doing apartments up down my the main stage outside drilling work was going on which we wasnt advised of.all we wanted was just a simply break away.we went all inclusive for 10 days but couldnt use our green bands over the other sister hotel planos bay across the road we had to pay for our drinks there,the entertainment was very limted in the hotel via day and night they seemed to advirtize there sister hotel more that this one.there were no water games during the day for the other guests we where told it was too cold in the pool hence it was 24c up in temp..the food was kind of ok ,luke warm,but we were never ill over it.i was moaned at one day by the waiter for taking my food out to sit out hence it was too hot in the resturant and quite crammped.the two ladys on reception was helpfull speacilly teena in sorting problems out, we put a complaint in to our rep about our stay at the hotel and was told after the manager gave his sorrys to us and that we would recive a bottle of free wine.THIS we never saw in our room.So overall iwe wouldnt recomend the hotel,but please do go to tsilivi its beautiful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jd20100621
Staffs
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Stayed at this so called hotel in half term week for a relaxing break and .. well words fail me!! I have never had such awful atrocious food anywhere in the world - same food for lunch & dinner which was always luke warm, breakfast was inedible on 4 occasions the other 3 were only just passable if you had no taste buds. The staff coud'nt have cared less about anybody - entertainment for the number of kids was non existent we even had to provide our own entertainment on our last night. Place swarming with cats.
When you top dollar for half term week you do not expect to be treated like 2nd class citizens because of All Inclusive terms , which everybody felt was the case. I could go on & on ............................................!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Blackbelt

Travellers are raving about these Planos hotels

Wirral
Reviewed 4 November 2009

After booking this hotel as a last minute holiday I didn't expect a lot, the rooms are basic but clean enough, there was no entertainment and the food was awful but it's close to the beach and the resort. The main thing I found disappointing was that apart from Sam the Receptionist who is English, the rest of the staff were very unfriendly, unusual for Greece. If I had paid a lot for this holiday I would be very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsBWirral
London England
Reviewed 26 October 2009

My wife and I stayed in this Hotel towards the end of September 2009. We really had a fantastic time but I would struggle to advise anybody to go there.
Allow me to explain.
The Hotel staff were all very professional and helpful. The kitchen manager was present at every meal making sure everything went smoothly. The 3 Polish Girls that worked in the Dining Room and then the bar in the evening were always smiling and extremely helpful. Micky and his Albanian friend tended the bar by night and a Greek lady by day. All 3 were great, always serving with a smile and a chat. Sam was on the Reception. Always there and always had the answer to any question thrown at her. The pools were cleaned every morning.
This may seem that I am biased towards the foreign workers. Not so. I just remembered their names. Their Greek counterparts were just as good and helpful.
The food was good. Unfortunately as with a lot of buffet Hotels it was not piping hot. I did not hear of anybody having a bad stomach whilst we were there and you soon learnt to watch the dish tray you wanted and then just filled your plate when it came out hot from the kitchen.
The Hotel was located quite centrally in the town 50 metres from the bus stop and 80 metres from the beach.
The all inclusive was from 09.00 until 23.00 and always opened on time (having been on a few all inclusive holidays recently, poor timekeeping,late to open and early to close were a constant gripe from all nationalities). Not so here. Very good.
Plenty of sunbeds and shades, but no towel service.
I read in other reviews that there were a lot of Poles and that you could not get any food as they heaped there plates up.
Yes there were plenty of Poles and yes they heaped their plates up, but they only ate the same as everybody else. Just did it in one visit instead of going back and forth like others.
I would say the hotel was 35% Brits, 35% Poles and the remaining 30% was made up of Many other Eastern Europe Countries. We met and spoke to people from Russia, Czech Republic, Serbia, Montenegro, Hungary and Slovakia. All there just like us to have a good holiday and enjoy the sun, food and drink.
As well as the all inclusive there were quite a few there on the self catering style holiday, but you could change this to all inclusive if you wanted to at the reception.
So if I have written so much good about this Hotel why would I struggle to reccomend it.
It was quite warm so we neede to have the balcony doors open to get some air. This proved a non starter as there was a dog somewhere behind our rooms that barked 24/7. I think the only time it didn`t bark was when it was asleep. I mentioned it to Sam on Reception and she said that other people had mentioned it as well. Now I have to stress here that this dog was not in the Hotel but in a house somewhere directly behind it. But I am sorry, my wife and I are relatively light sleepers and this animal kept us and many others awake every night WITHOUT EXCEPTION.
I did have a bit of a small problem with a cleaner. One day she never even went in our room and the next day it looked like being the same again so I asked a cleaner if we were going to be done that day. She assured me we were, but when she mentioned it to the cleaner she looked at me with a look of complete hatred.
When we came back to check the room her silly pride had meant all she did was pull the sheets over and drag the mop for about 6 feet down the middle of the room, not touching the bathroom or indeed the bins. So now we were 2 days without our room being cleaned or touched. The problem was resolved the next day and everything was cleaned and changed. I later found out that the cleaners rotated around different floors every day and we were unlucky enough to be at the end of a shift where the cleaners had had to change people leavings rooms. By the time they got to us it was time to go home so they just scrimped over it. I know it doesn`t make it right but it does explain why. I must stress here though this has nothing to do with my overall opinion it is simply my lack of sleep.
Go yes by all means, but don`t go in blocks D or E because if you are a light sleeper you will not get any sleep.
Shame really because it really spoilt an absolutely fantastic holiday.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tedthechippy
nottinghamshire
Reviewed 11 September 2009

After reading reviews I was really worried about staying here. I tried to change hotels but wouldn't at last minute so I thought we'd just have to make the best of it....on arriving, the staff were friendly and nice to us, our room was large, clean and spacious with a decent size balcony, ok this place aint the ritz and needs some diy doing (a few scuff marks, newer fixtures etc) but it was ok for us.
If you are the sort of people that like staying around the hotel, then I wouldn't recommend it as they do cater more towards the All Inclusive, which yes are more the Polish/Russian/etc and they do take over the pool, but we just use as a base to sleep and eat, which the kitchen was also well equipped for us, maid service everyday and these were lovely as well to boot! Whenever we needed anything from reception they were more than willing to help, even to the point of a late checkout even though they had no rooms so they let us have a room at the Planos Bay hotel for the day as this is their sister hotel. No ants either, that we saw and we were in block A on ground floor, over all, nice place that has everything you need, if you're not a large family who doesn't use the room much then these will be perfect for you!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank samanthaleaton
Leeds
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I was extremely anxious about staying at the Admirals because of the reviews I had read - and actually now wish I hadn't read them! The Admirals is a basic Greek hotel in a good position. Our room was spacious with self-catering facilities in that 2 hobs, a fridge with small freezer compartment and a microwave with conventional oven were provided (although we didn't actually use the cooking facilities as eating out was part of the holiday). The maids emptied the bins daily and changed the towels and bedding every other day. They mopped the apartment floor and balcony every 1-2 days. Entertainment is provided although, again, we didn't bother with this. The pool was busy during our first week but quietened down during the second week. The pool bar serves a good selection of snacks (the Greek salad is fantastic). Sam, the English receptionist, is a mine of good information and is incredibly helpful. Air con is available for 5 euros per day plus a 10 euro deposit (refunded upon return of the handset). The hotel is in a great position for the beach and a short walk takes you onto the main strip in Tsilivi with all its great restaurants and bars. My only criticism was the bathroom which was clean but needed a refurb (having said that, how long do you spend in the bathroom on holiday?) All in all, we were pleased with our booking (which was incredibly reasonable) and would stay at the Admirals again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Planos
Zante Maris Hotel
#16 of 18 in Vasilikos
Zante Pantheon Hotel
Zante Pantheon Hotel
#9 of 51 in Tsilivi

Been to Tsilivi Admiral Hotel? Share your experiences!