We only stayed at this hotel for 1 night whilst we waited for a connecting flight from the airport the following day.
We arrived quite late at around 8pm. The check-inn/reception staff seemed a little rushed but still after a few minutes waiting in a queue we were seen and quickly checked-in and were delt with very courteously. We were thanked for being an IHG customer and the proceeded to our room.
We entered and our eyes were blazed with white. The lights were very bright and everything was white from the bed-sheets to the walls. However, it sort of worked, the room was spectacularly clean. As we settled in we discovered that the TV has English channels including BBC & ITV, which was a beautiful surprise and good to see some English TV abroad. The bathroom was beautiful with colourful lighting and a great power 'rain' shower and it was very well kept and cleaned.
The only problem we had was when we wanted to organise an early morning wake-up call. We used the phone to ring down to reception who informed us that you could do it directly from the hand-set in the room. However, something was missing from our phone (a paper insert) so we had no idea of how to set up a wake up call. With this info, we rang down again to tell them this, but they seemed to ignore us and told us the instructions were on the hand-set. We yet again said this wasn't possible, but they were intent on saying it was. So, in the end we hang up and my father actually walked down to reception to show them and then they just agreed to phone up themselves.
The free shuttle bus from the airport was very handy as it saved us a few Euros and the bar was very nice and even though we came down at 5am, breakfast was already all out and we picked at some food whilst we waited for the shuttle bus.
I would definitely have no hesitation in booking this again as it's a beautiful hotel and most of the staff are excellent as well.
ENJOY YOUR STAY!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport is the perfect choice for any visit to Zurich and to stay next to the airport. Whether you are exploring the country on business or pleasure, our modern hotel offers both comfort and value so you can relax, recharge and face the day with a smile.• 163 modern and fully equipped bedrooms over 6 floors• 3 spacious wheelchair accessible and specially adapted room for disabled guests• 24 hour service from our reception, bar and lounge area• Complimentary buffet breakfast from 4 a.m.• Complimentary Shuttle to Airport & City Centre• 5 meeting rooms with daylight for up to 25 persons• Over 100 Indoor and Outdoor car parking• Business Corner in the lobby• High speed internet access available• Priority Club: interesting reward program offering you many advantages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport Hotel Rumlang
- Holiday Inn Express Zurich Airport Canton Of Zurich/Rumlang