“Worst Hotel..PLS DO NOT GO TO HOTEL MEGHDOOT”
Review of Hotel Meghdoot

Hotel Meghdoot
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Howrah
Hotel Meghdoot
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Howrah
Reviewed 21 April 2013

DO NOT GO TO HOTEL MEGHHDOOT...I stayed there for one day and i had very bad experience, we had 9 people group and we were asked to take 3 double room and they charged for 1 person extra in one room but they did not provided extra bad and necessary things like blanket etc... they did not provided towels in any room and room service guys do not entertain you , i asked water and they gave us tab water when i asked is it a filtered that guy said yes but it was a tab water i went to kitchen and checked then i asked for Water bottel they said it will cost 30 Rs/ltr.... Toilet condition was very bad bad sheets and pillows were not cleened, Beleive me it was very bad experience... though we paid the good rent but got nothing....NEVER GO TO HOTEL MEGHDOOT

Divesh Birla

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank divesh_jp

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I had to stay at Howrah Hotel which is nearest to Railway station. I stayed at Hotel Meghdoot at Howrah. The hotel is just close at walking distance from Howrah Railway station. It is cheap & best. Hotel service is also satisfactory. Though there are so many Hotels at Calcutta & Howrah. But for common man it is good.

Food is a bit spicy. But one can come to Howrah Raliway station where you will get cheap, quality & variety of foods.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank narenjcr
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I had to receive my parents at 5 am next morning. So I decided to stay at any hotel.I reached Hotel Meghdoot at 9 pm.On my arrival I saw the laundry man telling the Manager about the presence of bed bugs in the clothes and linens.
The man at reception said he will provide us with a room in the morning. If any delay occurs then at that time my parents can wait in a spare room or my room till the AC room gets vacated. I agreed and went to my room. The no. was 808. the fan was very slow. I complained about it but nothing happened. I was told to "adjust".
When I slept on the bed, suddenly I just jumped out of bed. There were lots of bed bugs. I had to take a bath at 3 in the morning. I had to sit on the floor ( just imagine how pathetic I must have felt) the whole night. Defective inter com service, they close the lifts in the night !!.
In the morning when I told the manager about the whole thing, he talked in such a rude manner that I immediately left the hotel and then found a room in Hotel Natraj ( much better ).

Room Tip: Be hundred % sure about the fan ( if in Non/AC room ) and the BED BUGS.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Vishal S
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I had stayed at this hotel for one night . The hotel was located just opposite of the Howrah vegetable market and it is very near to the Howrah railway station. Room was average with basic facilities. Room service was average . The Nepalese security guard was very helpful. Food quality also good . They had an underground bar also. But crowded during evening hours . As the location was very near to the Railway station , it is suitable for overnight stay in between transits.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business