“LOVELY FOOD - OVERWORKED WAITER!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rising Sun

The Rising Sun
Ranked #11 of 16 Restaurants in Willington
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Comfortable dining in aesthetic surroundings. Evening meals during the week 6pm to 10pm. Lunches midday to 3pm, Coffee and cake all day. Sunday dinners from midday to 6pm. Suitable for couples and small groups. Cozy surroundings, open fire, somewhere nice to dress up for and have a lovely meal without other customers standing at a bar watching you. Great menu, not overly priced for this style of restaurant. Rumours is also the home of "Parsons" gourmet pies, Skippy's stone-baked Pizza
stockton on tees, england
“LOVELY FOOD - OVERWORKED WAITER!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The title says it all really. It was a busy bank holiday Saturday night, but there was only one waiter on duty - we waited to order, we waited for our food and we even waited for our bill. Other people came, ate and went and we were still waiting!!!!
The food however, was delicious.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank christine h

“Birthday drinks”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Went to the sun yesterday afternoon for my birthday with the wife and 2 kids , fiveJust popped in for one ended up staying for three. The landlady was very nice to my kids and made us feel welcome! One of the locals bought me a drink and another entertained one of my kids! Very nice atmosphere very nice people, 12 out ten!
Paul t

3 Thank Paul T
Derby, United Kingdom
“Scary”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Popped into The Sun for a few drinks saturday evening, My partner and I have been away from the village for a few months and thought we'd do a round of the pubs.

The boisterous and drunken antics of a few of the customers there made it a completely unpleasant and intimidating experience. I am aware the Sun is seen as the more lively pub in the village, but this quite frankly looked like an unruly mob.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank chris t
derby
“Poor”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We ate here a month or two ago and were underwhelmed by all aspects of the Restaurant. The starters were bland and over priced. The Currys were pretty basic. The service poor. No childrens options.

Having visited Thailand at least once a year for the last 7 years for up to a month at a time, I was excited about having my favourite food available in my village.Very disappointed, Not been back

Over priced for not enough food.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank thaiboxukDerby
Derby, United Kingdom
“Outstanding !!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited the Rising Sun in Willington on Saturday the 8th of Feb with my sister and her fella.

I'd had good reports of the place but ha ho don't you always, to be honest I thought it was just going to be another Thia meal..

How bloody wrong was I !!!!.

I wouldn't consider my self a connoisseur of Thai food,but iv eaten in most in the Derby/Notts area and cooked even more myself..

The food at the Rising Sun was the best iv tasted by far, it was fresh and very tasty in fact I was so blown away I ask to meet the chief and his wife to thank them for such a gorgeous meal.

I can safely say I'm in heaven knowing I have this little gem on my door step,and We'l taking another visit very soon to taste even more of the gorgeous food on offer at such a reasonable price..

1 Thank Randyloader