“Good automn break ”

Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A fantastic contemporary bar & restaurant with wonderful views over Mercia Marina
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Not really a restaurant due limited choice on the card, it is though a good place for a Sunday lunch after a walk through the harbour.

1  Thank Michel P

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Friendly and efficient staff. Food expensive but good. A sandwich was exactly that, no salad or sides with it. The door kept blowing open which created a draught

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I found it very hard to choose a meal from the menu, there were only a few dishes where I liked all the elements. We had the sharing steak flat bread - not worth £14 it probably one steak cut into strips and not that tender. The battered silverskins were nice. My daughter had roast parsnip soup which had the consistency of puree. The hoisin pork chop was cooked too long, it was quite dry and the tiny bit of crackle on the rind was like trying to eat bone. The pulled confi duck bonbon was tasty as was the pak choi. I had the boardwalk sundae and it said warmed treacle tart pieces however they were cold and chewy instead of warm and gooey. I think a new brand of salted caramel ice cream is needed too, it did not have enough flavour. I don't think we'll return in a hurry, I'm sorry, it just wasn't for us.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

There was a good selection of sandwiches, wraps and baps here, all reasonably priced and served with chips, sides, etc. Everything we had was tasty and portions were generous. The service was friendly and efficient and for a Monday it seemed pretty busy. The general setting is pleasant with an outlook over the marina and canal side walks nearby.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely place to wind away a few hours. Nice cafes. Good shops. Wasn’t busy when we called in late Wednesday afternoon. Would return.