La Parare
La Vigneraie(Levens)
  • Restaurant
Promotel(Carros)
View Hotel
All reviewsother guestsolive treeswonderful hostseach morningcote d'azurlovely gardenour room was spaciousyogurtcoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2010

My husband and i just spent 4 days at La Parare as we were looking for an escape from city life. It was even more than we could have imagined. When we arrived, we first were greeted by the owners Sidney and Karin--who acted more like old friends rather than "owners" of a hotel. The gorgeous home is from the 1600's and Sidney and Karen decorated each of the four spacious guest rooms with beautiful artwork and items from their travels all over the world. Breakfast consisted of homeade jams, breads, yogurt and fruit--and we got to dine outside with a gorgeous view of their gardens and mountain. A perfect get away!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This place was one of the best we have stayed in.
Karin and Sydney can be very proud of their house and service, their suggestions in terms of restaurants, beaches, places to see etc. helped us so much.
Thank you for your hospitality, we will return for a long weekend soon.

Sheila & Lars

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2008

As this year draws to a close, so much has transpired although yet so much remains the same, in Kandahar, Afghanistan. My R&R (rest and recuperation) at La Parare was heaven sent. As I look back, at the hundreds of places that I have laid my head down to rest over the years, there are but a hand full that I would gladly seek out to return to. I select my vacation destinations with careful thought now, when I do manage to get away from this war torn country, and look for serenity, quality, and harmony that La Parare offers. Life is far far too short to be tied to the TV, WWW or the plastic way of life.

I needed a break in a bad way from this place, Irene's (my better half's) birthday was in October, my friend’s were complaining of my long deployment if Afghanistan. So much to do in such little time. La Parare delivered the solution. I would travel to the south of France and do all three, birthday, friends and R&R. Sydney and Karin, ever so attentive host, catered a birthday party for Irene, provided bed and breakfast for ten of us, and simply shared a little piece of heaven. I can not begin to thank them enough for their hospitality and assistance in the planning and logistics.

La Parare is not your typical B&B. La Parare, just 30 minutes from Nice, Cannes, Antibes, Monaco, or Saint Tropez, is nestled in the hills just north of Nice. Karen and Sydney have restored this old farm estate, located in Chateauneuf Villevielle, into an hidden escape that’s been featured in various TV and travel reviews. Each of La Parare’s five rooms offers modern facilities, comforting furnishings, while the décor bringing real meaning to East meets West. La Parare’s secluded pool, Sauna and Sun terraces provide ample relaxation. We enjoyed each others company on the terrace at sunset, catching up, part-taking in scrumptious local wines and foods, serenaded by the harmony of birds singing in the back ground. The tranquility provided much need relief to not only mine, but to all of our daily routines. Since the trip, many of us have openly discussed returning to La Parade for another get-together of sorts. For me it can not be soon enough.

Gregg

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Greggrivera
Reviewed 10 November 2008

Karin and Sydney who own and run La Parare have refined hospitality to a fine art. We enjoyed a warm welcome followed by a quick tour of the property and then to settle into our room - no, not a room, but a suite offering a charming sitting room with large fireplace (apparently the original for the property), a surprisingly spacious contemporary bathroom and a cozy bedroom with an oh so comfortable bed.
After a hectic tour of Italy, it was a welcome pleasure to lap up the rest and relaxation that is part and parcel of La Parare. Our suite overlooked a terrace which in turn provides stunning views of the valley below. Certainly there are more than a few u-turns on the short trip from Nice (you quickly get used to them) but the charm of La Parare's location is also the mantra of real estate agents - location, location, location. It's an easy trip into Nice (if indeed you want to go there) and also just as easy to plan delightful drives along back roads to charming villages such as Peillon in one direction or St Paul de Vence in the other. Indulgent breakfasts started the day on the terrace - even in October! Nothing was too much trouble for Karin and Sydney - they make hospitality look far more simple than it is.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank charlieharvey
Reviewed 28 September 2008

I was lucky to discover this incredibly charming place and meet the hosts Sydney and Karin this summer. I was looking for a place in the South of France to relax and spend a few days of vacation. I found it and I will go back! Friends from New York had recommended it and in turn I wish to speak highly of it.
It is nested on the mountains just off the airport so it literally takes less than 30 minutes to get there. The old "bergerie" architecture has been kept mostly intact which gives it lots of character. I was staying in the Chapel room which mixes tastefully Asian and local colors (the hosts used to live in Asia). Bathrooms are roomy and part of the main room which is very nice. What I loved is that you can do everything and nothing: quietly read a book under the shade, hike up the mountain to discover trails and old ruins, drive to surrounding villages, go to the beach for the day ... Breakfasts are amazing and I missed them as soon as I left! I think Sydney and Karin are also part of the experience, ready to do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable, it was nice to share "aperitif". Oh talking about drink, they make a very tasteful "vin d'orange" ... ask for it!

Stayed: August 2008