“Lovely wrap-up of our two-week trip”
Review of La Parare

La Parare
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Went to La Parare with my girlfriend for a stay of 5 nights with the idea to both relax and use the place as our premise from which to explore the cote d'azur area. We were not disappointed.

In fact, the place turned to be even nicer than pictured on the somewhat antique website: a cute former sheep farmer's house tucked away in the hills and equipped with a tremendously large olive-tree shaded garden whilst at the same time only 20 min away from Nice.

Apart from the cute and typical French setting, the owners' hospitality made our stay worth every penny. Upon our arrival we were welcomed with a so-called table d'hotes: in our case a barbecue. All guests together around the table. Liked the effort by the owners to introduce guests to one another despite languague barriers and socially engage with all (thanks to their capability to speak more than 5 languages).

During our stay we furthermore received many useful tips on interesting sights and restaurants beyond those mentioned in our way too exhausting travel guide and, when needed, suppport was provided in doing reservations.

All in all a fantastic chambre d'hotes and being familiar with the concept I can truly say that this was our best experience to date.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2010

La Parare was fantastic! We stayed for 4 nights. Sydney and Karin were wonderful hosts and it felt like we were staying with family. We were looking to get away from it all and we certainly found 'serenity' with this place! Not a difficult place to find, some whindy roads but the scenery is magnificent and therefore a great drive! Extremely quiet so a great place to relax - I had to force myself to wake up in the mornings as I could have slept all day! Breakfast was always ready and very satisfying! Sydney and Karin were great! Very helpful with where to go/not to go and how to get there. Nice and Monaco are not all that far away and good for day trips. The B & B is very well maintained and there is a lot of love put into this home. The pool was magnificent and ideal for relaxing after a day out. Would highly recommend this place and you will not be disappointed. We would definitely return if we had the opportunity.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2010

This is my first review on Tripadvior! I've collected all this very useful information on tripadvisor before my vacation and now it's time to give some information back.
We just returned from La Parare and I must say that we already miss this place! Our hosts Karen and Sydney were the perfect hosts and entertainers! We watched the world cup together, they invited us to some wonderful barbeques and they were always there for us to give us travel tips. We really felt like we are visiting our friends. One of the places they suggested to visit was Paloma Beach on Cap Ferrat - this was really one of the highlight of our trips.
La Parare is absolutely wonderful. We had the Terrace room - a huge and beautiful room with the biggest and coolest bathroom ever. The property is absolutely wonderful with olive trees, secluded terraces and a nice pool.
Also, the place has high speed internet which even works on the terraces.
Ask for their Foi Gras dinners when you visit – it deserves a Michelin star and it is very romantic!

We just can’t wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We had a wonderful stay in La Parare, beautiful accomodation, original design of rooms.
A tasty breakfast outside in the garden and a great dinner. The owners Sidney and Karin are great and knows a lot about the area.
We had a really great time and advice this hotel to everybody who are searching for a original hotel on a quiet and relaxing location..

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2010

My husband and i just spent 4 days at La Parare as we were looking for an escape from city life. It was even more than we could have imagined. When we arrived, we first were greeted by the owners Sidney and Karin--who acted more like old friends rather than "owners" of a hotel. The gorgeous home is from the 1600's and Sidney and Karen decorated each of the four spacious guest rooms with beautiful artwork and items from their travels all over the world. Breakfast consisted of homeade jams, breads, yogurt and fruit--and we got to dine outside with a gorgeous view of their gardens and mountain. A perfect get away!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This place was one of the best we have stayed in.
Karin and Sydney can be very proud of their house and service, their suggestions in terms of restaurants, beaches, places to see etc. helped us so much.
Thank you for your hospitality, we will return for a long weekend soon.

Sheila & Lars

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2008

As this year draws to a close, so much has transpired although yet so much remains the same, in Kandahar, Afghanistan. My R&R (rest and recuperation) at La Parare was heaven sent. As I look back, at the hundreds of places that I have laid my head down to rest over the years, there are but a hand full that I would gladly seek out to return to. I select my vacation destinations with careful thought now, when I do manage to get away from this war torn country, and look for serenity, quality, and harmony that La Parare offers. Life is far far too short to be tied to the TV, WWW or the plastic way of life.

I needed a break in a bad way from this place, Irene's (my better half's) birthday was in October, my friend’s were complaining of my long deployment if Afghanistan. So much to do in such little time. La Parare delivered the solution. I would travel to the south of France and do all three, birthday, friends and R&R. Sydney and Karin, ever so attentive host, catered a birthday party for Irene, provided bed and breakfast for ten of us, and simply shared a little piece of heaven. I can not begin to thank them enough for their hospitality and assistance in the planning and logistics.

La Parare is not your typical B&B. La Parare, just 30 minutes from Nice, Cannes, Antibes, Monaco, or Saint Tropez, is nestled in the hills just north of Nice. Karen and Sydney have restored this old farm estate, located in Chateauneuf Villevielle, into an hidden escape that’s been featured in various TV and travel reviews. Each of La Parare’s five rooms offers modern facilities, comforting furnishings, while the décor bringing real meaning to East meets West. La Parare’s secluded pool, Sauna and Sun terraces provide ample relaxation. We enjoyed each others company on the terrace at sunset, catching up, part-taking in scrumptious local wines and foods, serenaded by the harmony of birds singing in the back ground. The tranquility provided much need relief to not only mine, but to all of our daily routines. Since the trip, many of us have openly discussed returning to La Parade for another get-together of sorts. For me it can not be soon enough.

Gregg

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Greggrivera
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chateauneuf-Villevieille
Auberge de la Madone
#1 of 1 in Contes
Hotel du Petit Palais
Hotel Cantemerle Spa & Restaurant
La Reserve de Beaulieu Hotel & Spa
La Reserve de Beaulieu Hotel & S...
#1 of 14 in Beaulieu-sur-Mer

Been to La Parare? Share your experiences!