“Great experience”

Gooderson Natal Spa Hot Springs & Leisure Resort
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I was reluctant to stay here after some of the reviews i read.
How glad i am that i id though. This was a great stay from start to finish.
The staff wre pleasant and helpfull, the rooms were clean and tidy, the food was great and the facilities were top class. I just wish it was a little closer to Durban so i could take my children there .
Thanks to all for a great stay. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Ryan Smith S, General Manager at Gooderson Natal Spa Hot Springs & Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Greetings Tony,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am glad that the investment we have made in training our staff and the continuous upgrading of our facilities are paying off.
I do hope you get a chance to bring the family along, amongst the current facilities on offer, we are also adding a host of new exciting addittions to the resort next year.
On the cards is an Animal Farm, a BMX Track, a Mountain Bike Track, a Paint Ball Arena and an Obstacle Course to mention few. So a visit with the family definately worth thinking about in the not to distant future.

See you soon.

Natal Spa Hot Springs and Leisure Resort

There are newer reviews for Gooderson Natal Spa Hot Springs & Leisure Resort

Reviewed 21 October 2012

This hotel is in a lovely setting and that is all it has going for it.
We were fortunate in having a balcony room with a lovely view unfortunately spoilt by crumbling brickwork.A small hole in the bathroom door and a lack of power points pointed to a need for some development and maintenance.Water was often cold and of a brownish colour(borehole possibly).Some staff in dining room seemed unable to deal with the restaurant computer system and seemed eager for their customers to pay their cash and leave the room so that tables could be relaid for breakfast.Card payments seemed to cause a minor panic.The food on our first night was cold(it was supposed to be a hot buffet).Lids had not been replaced on vegetable dishes thus not keeping them hot.Heat trays were probably needed.Portions of the meat of the day were not exactly generous.All in all if some proper money were to be invested in maintenance and staff training the hotel would improve.Management need to deal with this as do the owners.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KJRKENT

Greetings from South Africa,

I wish to thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

Your feedback, albeit negative, is taken very seriously in our endeavour to make our guests holiday experience all the more pleasurable and to improve our standards wherever possible.
I can assure you that all the issues raised by yourself have been investigated and dealt with at the highest level.

If you are ever in South Africa again and happen to pass by Natal Spa please pop in and see the improvements that have been made.

Kindest Regards

Ryan Smith
Natal Spa Hot Springs and Leisure resort.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

The setting apart this hotel is a shabby disappointing let down. The staff seemed to have missed the point that they are there to provide service. Poor training or morale might explain some of the problem - added to the shabby rooms (our's with dirty bathroom) and poor food this whole experience spoiled this part of our holiday.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Greetings Peter,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience at Natal Spa.
Any criticism, albeit negative, is taken very seriously in our endeavour to ensure all our visitors to Natal Spa leave having had a positive experience.

Its very concerning to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us, your concerns regarding cleanliness in your room, ,service and food quality have been investigated and I can assure you have been addressed with the relevant members of staff.

We have since you last stayed with us, invested in staff training on the resort witch I am positive will help improve our offering at the resort.

I see that you have the privilege of travelling regularly, please travel safely on your future journeys and hopefully we might see you at Natal Spa again, this time to see the improvements that have been made and to enjoy the resort as it should be enjoyed.

Yours in hospitality

Reviewed 12 October 2012

My first thought when looking out of the window was what a glorious spot, but from then on it was all downhill, No Hairdryer in room and the one loaned to us had wires hanging out and the case was cracked.Staff were sullen and not very welcoming, the grounds were unkempt and overall the hotel looked tired and in need of a revamp

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lynS101
Ryan Smith S, General Manager at Gooderson Natal Spa Hot Springs & Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

Greetings from South Africa,
I wish to thank you for taking the time to post your views regarding your recent visit to Natal Spa.
Your criticism albeit negative, is taken vey seriously in our endeavour to make our guests holiday experience all the more pleasurable and to improve our standards wherever possible.

All the issues you raised concerning, Hairdryer's, Sullen staff and the unkept grounds have been investigated and have been dealt with at the highest level.
With regards to the hotel needing a revamp, we have since Gooderson Leisure took ownership of the property in 2006, invested in massive upgrades to the hotel and the resort and we will continue with constant upgrading of our facilities.

It is a concern that you did not enjoy your time with us and I do sincerely hope that if you are ever in South Africa again, please look us up and pop in and see the improvements that have been made.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I always stay here when I do business in the area. The staff are friendly and go the extra mile to make you stay as pleasurable as possible. I must have stayed here at least 10 nights the past year and I have only had good experiences.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank WillemLab

Greetings Willem,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, I will deinately pass your comments onto the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Natal Spa and perhaps a visit with family and friends for some relaxation and some fun in the sun is worth looking into.

See you soon

Genaral Manager

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Whether it was just my bad luck or not, I'll never know, but an experience of poor service and facilities has changed my view of Natal Spa. My wife, two daughters and myself spent a weekend in July, specifically to have a weekend of rest, relaxation and some hot spring water therapy. Unfortunately the hot spring water was a lot less warmer than anticipated, the shower facilities were not conducive to the winter month of July and although the meals at the restaurant were good, the service was exactly the opposite.

We were also quite taken aback by the noisy staff on the Sunday morning, before 9:00 am, while we were still in cloud 9.

On the great side, there we're two of the most friendly, jovial and helpful front line reception staff, Slindile and Slindile, who went a long way to redeem the name of the resort.

However, my parting advice is to consider this choice very carefully if visiting in winter.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ravesh
Ryan Smith S, General Manager at Gooderson Natal Spa Hot Springs & Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Greetings from Natal Spa,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to post your comments of your recent stay at our resort.
Your comments regarding the poor service and the noisy Staff have been investigated and dealt with at the highest level.
Relating to our Hot Spring Water: all our spring water in our pools is Naturally heated. The water is heated at a source of about 40 Degrees and is drained into our pools for your enjoyment. We have not taken the descision to artificially heat our spring water as this alters the mineral content of the water and completely takes away all the healing powers the water has.
However, Depending on the time of year, the water temperature does vary, in winter the water in the pools is a few degrees cooler than in Summer, this, we unfortunately cant controll.

I also wish to Thank you for the positive feedback you gave us, I will pass the message onto our Head Chef and the reception staff.

I trust we will see you again, perhaps for a Summer getaway this time.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

The place is hard to find, it was a nice family vacation thou. But the smell in the water was terrible. Warmbaths a better opinion.

• Stayed: January 2012
Ryan Smith S, General Manager at Gooderson Natal Spa Hot Springs & Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Greetings Nisa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed some quality family time with us at Natal Spa.
I am concerned that you find Warmbaths a better option, if it was the smell of the water that concerned you, please may I put your mind at ease.
The "Smell" you speak of is in fact the Sulphour Minerals in our mineral water and I do agree does at times "Pong" quite badly. In winter for some reason the smell is worse than in Summer, I do believe that the water table effects this somehow especially when it rains heavily in Summer.
These sulphor minerals have amazing healing powers, they are great for the skin and do wonders for blood circulation to mention but a few.

So we are quite proud of our "Smelly" water.

I do hope to see you back at Natal Spa for another family vacation, perhaps in the summer this time. On the cards for next year is a Bmx Track, Mountain Bike Track, Animal Farm, a Paint Ball Arena and an Oqstacle course, all for your enjoyment on your next visit to Natal Spa.

See you soon

Kindest Regards

Ryan Smith

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paulpietersburg
Petra's Country Guesthouse
#2 of 17 in Vryheid
Villa Beryl Guesthouse
Villa Beryl Guesthouse
#1 of 17 in Vryheid

Been to Gooderson Natal Spa Hot Springs & Leisure Resort? Share your experiences!