I have only rated this property a 3 because the external grounds and spa is it's only saving grace. We stayed in a Family hotel room. It was honestly a disappointment. The room is dull and everything is old. The bathroom consisted of a bath/ shower with brown rings in the tub and the toilet also had brown rings in the bowl. The balcony was dirty. What was really shocking was the dirt in the passageways outside the rooms. This was most off putting. There are no extras in rooms like hairdryers or safes. Breakfast was minimal. most of the food items that we tried were overcooked or stale.
The external grounds are beautiful and well kept. there are many pools and activities for children. The spa is great, well kept and professional.
It is sad because with just a little TLC and effort, this could be a really amazing get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 550 hectares of beautiful KZN bushveld amongst giant Cambrian granite boulders that are millions of years old, the Gooderson Natal Spa Hot Springs & Leisure Resort has beautiful views over the Bivane River and abundant bird life. Legend has it that the river at Natal Spa's warm water and bubbles were the work of a large black snake with an underground lair. While that myth may have kept the ancient San people from the healing mineral waters, it certainly didn't have the same effect on Oom Piet Wessles or the generations of visitors who have stopped over at this oasis between Vryheid and Paulpietersberg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Gooderson Natal Spa Hot Springs & Leisure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Natal Spa Hot Springs And Leisure Resort Hotel Paulpietersburg
- Gooderson Natal Spa Hot Springs & Leisure Resort South Africa/Paulpietersburg