“Road trip through northern spain”
other traveller has booked this property
Spectacular uniterrupted views from the terrace
Figols nestles beneath a dramatic escarpment;Casa Rafela faces directly over orchards and fields Spectacular walks about in the region: we have details guides to these and other mountain sports
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spectacular uniterrupted views from the terrace
The regions has a rich cultural heritage, most notably Romanesque architecture
The ground floor was a stable as is now the entrace lobby: plenty of room for sports equipment, etc.
The living room is off the kitchen and terrace
The genuine 'cook's kitchen'!
The main bedroom with its antique bedstead
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

4 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
Older travelers
30 Apr 2013
Hi Robert,

Nice to hear from your and to know that Casa Rafela pushed all the buttons for the four of you on your European <tour!

Jim
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013 for a stay in June 2010
person found this review helpful
4 of 5 bubbles Value 4 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 4 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
24 Apr 2013
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your very kind words, I've just enjoyed a few minutes recalling the epic European tour you and Sue had and the kind comments you wrote in our guest book.

I think you've made a very fair and valid comment about how the house may be a 'challenge' for anyone with an infirmity. I hope the description and photographs on our 'casarafela.com' website make such limitations clear, but to clarify for anyone reading this review: Casa Rafela is a medieval stone house built on three floors. the staircase is original and is an integral part of the architecture and the steps are steep in comparison with modern building standards - but nothing compared to old Dutch houses for example!

We always encourage potential guests to ask for details of access, etc. and would gladly supply extra photos, descriptions, etc. if anyone has concerns.

On the plus side, Cada Rafela has its own private parking right outside the front door, an almost unique feature in these medieval villages, which makes unloading luggage, shopping, etc. a dream especially in the summer months.

Best wishes,

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
22 Apr 2013
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your kind words. The rock climbing this is a new venture for us this year - until now we've only operated from April to October. As you know we laid on plenty of extra blankets as in the winter it can indeed be cold and there is heating in the bedrooms. Duvets may be a bit of a problem die to laundry, etc. but we'll look into this. For ow at least I'll suggest that if anyone has a preference just ask and we'll try to sort something out.

I guess I don't need to emphasise juts how special the are is for climbing - amongst other action sports I should add - one day I'll do a word count on 'awesome', 'gosh' and 'wow' in our guestbook :)

Suzanne & Peter
DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013 for a stay in July 2011
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
21 Apr 2013
Hi Suzanne. Thanks for your kind comments. I remember the details of your quite tour of Europe, getting the best of France and Spain within a relatively short distance.

One fine day I hope to visit the US - on Harley with luck - my bike is great but as for style . . . :)

Simon and Polly
Ruth A
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Delightful casa with character and great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013 for a stay in April 2012

The owners of Casa Rafela have simply gone that extra distance to make this casa very special. It is full of delightful pots, cooking cazuelas and dishes, pictures, and general furnishings to make you feel you are in a home not just a rental property. They seem to be constantly trying to think of ways to make it nicer for guests. Very comfortable, though only for two I would say - though it does sleep 4, there is just one settee for relaxing on. Lovely roof top terrace with great views and a barbeque and eating area down below - not that it was warm enough to use it in April!. Our only disappointment was the wood burning stove had been put to rest for the summer. Evenings in April are VERY cool and although we were lovely and warm with the gas heater, a crackling fire would have been so much nicer.

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Lots of character, great views, comfortable.
Liked least: Bit of a drive to go anywhere to eat out. Good job we like cooking on holiday.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 Mar 2013
Hi Ruth,

Thanks for your kind and helpful comments. Since you stayed we have begun to let Casa Rafela during the winter months too, so the stove now has a regular supply of firewood and kindling. The wood stove is indeed romantic - but less so for the person who who cleans it the morning after perhaps :)

Simon
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing