“Laid back and friendly”

Faimafili Village Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Matautu
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Great food options here at a much for favourable price than inside nearby resorts. Staff are awesome and the fia fia night was amazing.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

So being from outback Australia I don’t expect that much but my god this place was the worst. It was not what it had advised with transfers and easy access to airport. Room was expensive for a bug invested villa with no power for hours or hot water. The only thing that saved it a little was the view from the restaurant. Buyer beware. Pay 30 dollars more and stay down the road at Return to Paridise. This place was rubbish.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018

I made a mistake with our booking. We'd already had one night in a Fale and, lovely as the experience was, I was ready for a shower and a bit of comfort the next night. So when I booked online - about $80 for a "traditional room" - I imagined all the things I think of as traditionally going with a $80 hotel room. Nothing fancy, but a bed, a door, and a light switch didn't seem too much to expect. But of course "traditional room" means a fale - a mattress and a mosquito net in a hut. It was my mistake, and rather than ask for a change of room, I just rolled with it. The waves that night were very noisy and the VERY BRIGHT lighting outside the huts remained switched on all night, so it was like trying to sleep in a shopping centre with white noise for piped music. No sleep at all for me. None.
The cold shower had no shower curtain and could be viewed by anyone in the restaurant. So, no refreshing shower in the morning to set me straight.
Breakfast wasn't served available until 9, and even though I BEGGED the staff who arrived at 7 for a cup of coffee, they weren't willing or able to provide it. No caffeine. Not happy. After an hour of begging, we left, so I can't comment about the breakfast.
Staff were very kind, and very concerned that I hadn't had a good experience. I think they will remember to show future guests where the switch is for the lights.
Dinner was good. Cocktails were good - I just should have drunk more of them.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Pretty basic rooms but the restaurant is on a deck over the beach with incredible views at all times of day, good food too. Looks like this place took a bit of a battering in the summer cyclones

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018

This is a great little beach, especially if you like a bit of seafood. The beach is well maintained and we recommend using the restaurant service that will bring food and drinks down to your Fale, just remember to hang any food up your not eating or the cheeky (but very friendly) beach dogs will help themselves. There is a beach volley ball area, showers, toilets and a fully stocked bar and restaurant with spectacular views of the lagoon, that many people just go to without even using the beach. Our daughters (7&8) spent the day swimming and playing with the local kids looking for blue seastars and building sand castles on the coral white sand. We've been back several times and used the elevated restaurant which serves an all you can eat seafood buffet every Sunday for 40 tala per head.
Oh if you eat at the restaurant you can use the beach and fales for free otherwise you pay $50 tala to park and enter the beach.

Date of visit: May 2018