“Never again”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Never again”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I'm pretty new to diving and they chose to take me on a drift dive, where the water was very rough and lots of current. That wasn't the worst part though, I kept letting my guide know my remaining air, at my safety stop my computer read 0 PSI. 0 PSI is not what I want to see on a dive. Thankfully, although my computer read 0 there was still enough air to make it up without buddy breathing. This shouldn't happen, a guide should be able to determine the right time to finish the dive and not cut it so close. Personally I would never dive with them again, and would not recommend anyone to dive with them. There is a much better dive shop nearby, go there.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Raymond G
jimmypel, Gérant at Scuba Zen, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Raymond,

we would like to start by saying that we're sorry that you didn`t enjoy the dive trip with scubazen. We take this very seriousely, thats why we would like to explain you a few things.

To start with the out-of-air situation, you were diving with one of our more experienced instructor ( cmas 4star, padi msdt). You were with four divers in the group included your son. Sometimes there's a very big difference in air consumption between the divers, which doesn't mean that's a reason to have one diver on out of air, but apperently this wasn`t the case because you finished the dive on your own tank, included the safety stop. The staffmember told us that she was well aware about the amount of air left in your tank and that if needed she was right next to you with her spare octopus to let you finish the safety stop at all times. The second dive we changed the divegroup where you dove by. You, by yourself and the instructor without other costumers, so she could end the dive when you got through your tank and the other divers could stay a little longer when their tank wasn't low yet.

The sea on the west side of the Island is almost always a little rough. We checked the paperwork from that day which tells us that we dove on divesites a little protected from swell and current. We agree that there was some swell but real current is very rare and wasn't there that day because your group dove in the direction of the current. The moment you're under water you don't feel the swell anymore but as we remember your son got really seasick after the first dive and didn`t want to dive on the second dive. That can occur on a very calm day as well... but a dive center witch give you a private diveguide for free, you cannot say they are no professionnal and safe !!! Sorry again, you did not even realise what we did for you dear Raymond.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great experience and friendly, knowledgeable staff”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

During my stay in the radisson Blu I made 4 dives with scuba zen. Staff was professional, helpful and very friendly. Scuba zen has good equipment and a comfortable boat for diving. There is a really good atmosphere at scuba zen and I found myself having beers with the staff after the first dive. I was also invited to a shark dive they organized for their team and was treated as part of the group. Overall a great experience and highly recommended dive center for diving in st Maarten.

Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Excellent dive center and helpful staff”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We have dive and snorkel in St-Martin with this dive club for the past 2 years. We even took some courses with them. It is a organized diving club and staff are very accommodating and attentive to our needs because we had younger kids.

Jean Michel was a great instructor to our little girl.

Dive sites are excellent. Shipwrecks, great corals and plenty of fish and turtles. We definitely would come back to this dive club next time around.

Visited March 2013
Enterprise, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“One of them.”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We really enjoyed our time with this snorkeling/scuba outfit. They did NOT make you feel rushed and their pricing was incredible! We got to enjoy each outing without feeling that we only had a very limited time to snorkel.

They even went above and beyond and took us for a whole day to a deserted island. They are NOT the fancy frilly kind of outfit. If you want food, you bring it. But we were there to snorkel and dive. And boy are they great with that!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sheri S
New York City, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Disappointing snorkel, pretty good dive”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I booked with these guys because they offered both diving (for myself) and snorkeling (for my girlfriend) for the same trip. We weren't told until we got there that because it was off season, they didn't have the boat that you see on the website ready to go so we had to make due with an inflatable, which wasn't terrible. We then drove out to an island and they just dropped off my girlfriend without giving her any information about what to do, where to go, what not to do (apparently they have "death apple trees" or manchineels on the island that you shouldn't get anywhere near...would have been a nice heads up). She mentioned that there were also signs that said there was a risk of staph infection. Neither of those were mentioned before she had gotten there so would've been nice for a little prep/warning. Also, 35 Euros to be driven to an island and dropped off is a bit steep.

The dive itself was pretty good. We got to see a bunch of pretty big lobsters and tons of fish. The visibility wasn't that great, but overall pretty fun. I would probably dive with these guys again but would advise against the snorkeling.

Visited November 2012