This our second stay at the Radisson Blu in Saint Martin. Last year, we arrived with hope, but not in the best mood. We had reserved a week at the hotel next door, Le Domaine only to be informed by the Internet company with whom we made the reservation that our reservation would not be honored due to a "technical error", namely, Le Domaine was overbooked. The Internet company proceed to book us at the Radisson Blu with an upgrade to a "Garden Deluxe" room.
Much to our delightful surprise, the Radisson Blu has the better part of the beach that both hotels share, a consierge named Alain who fulfilled every request with grace and a smile, and a staff that was cheerful and service-oriented. We were also pleased with the free internet connection in our room. Our only displeasure was the phone system that prevented us from calling back to the USA using our own calling card. It required us to use a company supplied by the hotel at an outrageous price.
A few months ago, we discussed which island to visit for our annual January vacation and without debate we said "let's go back to St. Martin and the Radisson Blu". It was the first time in more than 20 years that we returned to the same island and hotel in two consecutive years.
I emailed Alain requesting he contact the local car rental company he connected us with last year, make us dinner reservations at three restaurants for our first three nights, and see if Bacchus wine company was still serving lunch. Within hours, I had my reply from Alain that we had the car, the reservations, and Bacchus was serving lunch. Alain, quite simply, is the best consierge I've encounted in a lifetime of travel.
After arriving, I had a special need to have access to a freezer for an ice pack I must use 3 times a day to ice down my shoulder that was recently operated on for a torn rotator cuff. Within a hour, a small unit was delivered to my room.
This is the level of service at the Radisson Blu. I'm sure next January will find us checking in again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hotel The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St Martin / St Maarten/Anse Marcel