Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“just perfect”

Hotel Riu Palace St Martin
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Anse Marcel
Reviewed 18 January 2014

clean quiet great staff unbelievable free breakfast. my wife and i just returned from 5 days at the radisson blu and were elated at the resorts location. never a rush for a lounge chair at the pool which was large flower surrounded and infinity style . the beach was calm and clean and never lacked chairs. the surrounding mountains provided relaxing views of our calm waters as the mountains cascaded to the beachfront at our resort. just gorgeous!! pool and beachfront bars and restaurants . no overweight nudists just a family friendly resort. kind of secluded so rent a car . restaurants in and around the resort were excellent. great in room cappocino makers. more than fairly priced.. next year i will bring my whole family .

Room Tip: try for the marina sweets as none of the rooms have a ocean view and rent acar.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank anthonyNj
Jean-marc J, General Manager at Hotel Riu Palace St Martin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a great review regarding your recent stay in our Saint Martin Resort!
I will make sure to pass on your compliments to the staff.
Glad to learn you will be bringing the whole family next year!
Our Marina suites are indeed spacious and gorgeous, overlooking our beautiful Marina.
Regarding the rental car, it is smart to come by cab and rent a car from Hertz (located in our lobby) so you only rent a car when you want to wander off and explore the island.
Have a great year!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We just returned from our first visit to Radisson Blu in St. Martin. We had a great time in this very charming resort. Its not too big and not too small. The beach is a must see!!!! The pool is large and clean with beautiful beach views from all sides. The resort was completely booked the week we were there, but the breakfast area, the pool and the beach were never busy. The staff are very friendly and helpful (Mr. Claude is the best bartender on the island). Concierge were ready to help at any moment and gave helpful advice about local restaurants and attractions. The Spa is another great addition to this place, with helpful and knowledgeable staff. The room was a good size with a large window overlooking the marina (ask to get a room in building 2 to the right on the 2nd or 3rd floor, with marina views). Must bring a converter if you want to use your own hairdryer or phone charger!!! Both of the restaurants were pretty good. The beach restaurant has amazing views at night or during the day!!! We did, however, have issues with WIFI on premises, it didn't work well at all.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room in building 2 to the right on the 2nd or 3rd floor, with marina views. Must bring...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lubs14

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review for our property!
I am glad that you enjoyed our natural beach so much!
I have passed on your comment to Claude about being the best bartender on the island and he was very happy!
Thank you also for your very kind words about our Spa, and restaurants, we are very proud of our product and service.
I have taken note of your comments regarding the Wi-FI and in fact we have identified some issues in some guestrooms regarding our wireless internet, which we are in the process of fixing.
Again, thank you so much for your feedback and great review!

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Very good.
Pool: Great and beautiful.
Beach: Wonderful, best in the island.
Room: Nice and comfortable. But terrible WiFi. And the shower is to low. I hit my head every time.
Staff: Most of the staff were very nice and friendly (with some exception).
Restaurants: Great food at both restaurants.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pablo P

Dear Pablo,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our resort following your stay with us and your 5 stars rating!
I have to agree that our beach is one of the best on the island and the most serene/private.
I take note of your comments regarding the Wireless Internet (you are absolutely right, we discovered we had some technical issues in several rooms and were not aware!). Now fixed!
I am investigating the issue regarding the bathroom shower ( too low).
I appreciate the feedback, it helps us ensure we have a zero defect in our property.
Have a great 2014,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have sent e-mails to the concierge trying to make dinner reservations and transportation reservations and have been getting nowhere. When I do get a response a week later, it is clear the concierge has not read my e-mail; I ask for reservation for party of 8 and get reservation for party of 2. I ask for other dinner or activity recommendations and am completely ignored. I ask for recommendation and cost information for transportation from airport for a party of 8 and get minimal information. I called Club Carlson direct and they say they CAN'T do anything; yet there motto on their website is Yes I CAN! What a joke! If this is any representation of the service we are in for when we get to the hotel, we have made a big mistake. It is a shame because my family is so looking forward to this trip.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Randy T
Jean-marc J, General Manager at Hotel Riu Palace St Martin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Randy,
We thank you for alerting us about this situation. We discussed your comments with our Head Concierge and we are doing the necessary follow up in order to assist you with the proper information. We will contact you personally and will make sure that once on property, your stay will be a memorable one.

Jean Marc JAlbert

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I just returned from our fourth visit to the Radisson Blu St Martin. We had a lovely vacation at this charming resort. The friendliness of the caring staff, coupled with the natural beauty of Anse Marcel make for an unforgettable vacation!

Liliana, guest relations manager, is always around for a chat and to make sure you are enjoying. She is knowledgeable and a pleasure to know. The pool and beach staff, Rodrique, Yves, and all of the guys are attentive and fun. Steve and Franchesca are a delight! My husband marveled at the way Yves played water basketball with the guests and created a warm fun environment. He is a treasure!!

Executive Chef Bruno was always accommodating, nothing was a problem for a picky eater such as myself!!! He is accessible and so charming.

Claudette, conceirge, is so sweet and knowledgeable about her island. Kudos to Jean-Marc Jalbert , General Manager, for creating a climate of competence, happiness, generosity, and professionalism that pervades his exceptional staff.

If you have not visited this resort, what are you waiting for, GO!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and well appointed. We like to face the Marina.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Jean-marc J, General Manager at Hotel Riu Palace St Martin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Ann,
Thank you so much staying with us recently and for your wonderful review and we hope that your return with the family to the East Coast was not too difficult with the cold temperatures!
I am passing on your nice comments about Liliana, the Pool/Beach team, Bruno and Claudette at the Concierge.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Booked this hotel on the French side of the Island and was very glad we did. Many other parts of St. Maarten were very crowded. You had to go up a large steep hill and down into a cove which kept the beach quiet and used mainly only by hotel guests. The room was very clean. Buffet breakfast was very good and had a wonderful variety. A only minor complaint would be service at the pool and beach was very spotty. Grounds were beautifully maintained. Everything you would expect in a Caribbean resort.

We decided as an after thought to rent a car. I'm sure we paid a little more because we signed up in the hotel lobby. Having the car allowed us to travel throughout the Island and to the nice French restaurants in Grand Case. A little pricey but they take American like it is the local currency.

Also traveled to the casinos on the Netherlands side of the island. We visited a few of them but were disappointed to mainly find some slot machines. If gambling is your thing, I would check out reviews to see if there are better casinos then the ones we visited. Fortunately, we really aren't gamblers so not a game changer for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Looking4AnAdventure

Thank you so much for your recent review for the Radisson Blu Saint Martin.
Thank you for your compliments about our breakfast buffet and selection.
I have noted your comments regarding the service at the beach and pool.
Glad you enjoy the quietness and serenity of our resort., a perfect place to disconnect from the busy life.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Spent 8 nights at the nicest beach hotel ever. The hotel was clean, the rooms were large, the service was impeccable and the hotel restaurant was very good. The General Manager- Jean-Marc Jalbert was personally attentive to all the guests and his staff were all pleasant and wanting to be of service. The beach is indescribably beautiful surrounded by a semi-circle of small mountains. The whole property was extremely clean The only negative thing I can say about the hotel - and this is something they are not really responsible for - is that there was not enough control of the children in the pool and hot tub area. Children should not be allowed in the hot tub area. Parents were allowing their children to "play" in the hot tub. Firstly children should not be in a hot tub for health reasons but the parents of the children who were there didn't care what the or children were up to. Secondly the children were making a nuisance of themselves by splashing and jumping into the hot tub - the pool is where the children should be and they should be supervised by their parents. Apart from mismanaged children, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a vacation - it is worth the money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Koury,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review "Best Vacation Ever" and your very kind comments.
I take note of the issues you brought up concerning the children behavior and will work with our Pool Manager & staff to ensure a better control.
Thank you again and I hope to see you back at the Resort soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anse Marcel
#5 of 8 in Orient Bay
Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
Sonesta Ocean Point Resort
Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa

Been to Hotel Riu Palace St Martin? Share your experiences!