We stayed for 10 days in a Marina DeLuxe Suite. Rooms are a bit less comfortable than e.g. Radisson Aruba, hence this is a 4 star resort. Very quiet place, and remote. If you want to go out every day, make sure you get a rental car, or this may not be your place to go to. Hertz rents cars straight from the lobby but you get a slightly better deal off the airport, and you can save yourself roughly 80-90 US$ on the roundtrip cab ride from the airport. Due to low-season we bargained the price down with 20%, with very few efforts. Rental went smooth, the cars are loaded with scratches & bumps, so just make sure the inspection form is loaded with annotations. This makes the return check even more smooth..... We never had any issues with Hertz.
Breakfast buffet is very complete, the only thing we found lacking is yoghurt (for our 5 year old). Breakfast was included in the package. We had dinner in Le C restaurant. We can only say that it was very good, and we are used to upscale kitchen, incl. Michelin star restaurants. Specifically compared to what one usually gets in the US, the service in Le C and Le Marche may come across slow, as per some other reviews below. This is just the Caribbean, not the US, remember that. Service is as fast or as slow as one gets in the French Cote d'Azur. So they do not expect tips and do not check in with you for a refill already when you are at 49,99% of your drink. They also do not throw a cheque in front of you along with the dessert, and they do not expect to generate more revenue from the same table after you leave. Expect to pay 80-90 euros for 2 persons for a 2 course dinner, very similar to dinner in Grand Case. Obviously the choice of wine will also influence this heavily. Also the Caribbean buffet in Le Marche was very good, fresh, tasty. The buffet lacked ice cream for dessert, but when asked, they brought it made to order for our 5 year old. No charge. The resort is very child friendly, all restaurants have kids menus, with health choices, and at very affordable price (e.g. dinner at 15 euros for main course, dessert and a drink).
On our arrival evening we had dinner at the Italian place across the street. We were not impressed at all, and we found the price/quality way off. Two adults + kid: 62 euros (main course pasta dish + water). We were served a few slices of bread of which one was blackened. Staff was very uninterested in our business.
The room was serviced twice a day. The turn down service in the evening included clean towels, refills for our espresso machine as well as emptying our trash baskets.
What did we not like about the Radisson?
- Nickel and diming ... they charged us 20 euros for our stay for a fridge in our suite. It took one full day to get it, after three phone calls to the front desk. And, they charge a resort fee of 10 euros per room per day. They did indicate this at time of booking, but I still do not understand what this entails. I suspect for cleaning & towels. We spend over 4000 euros for activities (went with ScoobiToo twice), F&B and room, hence, we found these additional charges a bit over the top.
- We never found the DVD player in our room, despite advertised in the room description
- Only wired internet in our room. We used our Airport Express from Apple to workaround that. The wireless at the pool .... never got it to work. And the in-room internet was really slow.
All in all, we loved our stay and will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Hotel The Hotel Riu Palace St. Martin, situated at the beachfront on the Caribbean island of St. Martin, is the perfect place for a dream vacation and it's ready for you to enjoy all the amenities and services RIU offers to its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, West Indies, Expedia, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace St Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Hotel Riu Palace St Martin St. Maarten-St. Martin/Anse Marcel