“Perfect get-away accommodation!”

Chameleon Lodge
Quatre Bornes
“Perfect get-away accommodation!”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The Chameleon Lodge was the perfect get-away accommodation for me- I stayed there after a hectic business trip in Jo'burg and as such the stunning surroundings of Strand were a welcoming sight! Even before I arrived, Sandy was of such an immense help and patience, helping me book and sort out my activities. She even took care of booking me an airport transfer which was such a relief for me since it was my first trip to South Africa! I was pleasantly surprised by the Lodge- such a homely and warm feeling as soon as I got there! The Zebra Suite, where I was, was just brilliant in all ways and especially because of its comfortable bed which I definitely enjoyed! Everything from the bathroom, to the kitchen, the terrace and the garden was just spot-on. I had breakfast with Sandy and Jake on one of the mornings and I was quite impressed with the hearty and yummy breakfast. Sandy and Jake are definitely the epitome of kindness and politeness! It was brilliant getting to know them- They radiate a lot of positive energy which one can certainly feel in their hosting and their home!They made a special effort to make my short trip worthwhile, i.e, phoning around to book activities, giving me recommendations for reliable taxi services and restaurants! The Lodge has lived up to all my expectations and I certainly felt like a little princess! Thank you for everything Sandy and Jake! I shall definitely be back! :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Anishah08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Chameleon Lodge in Strand is a wonderful choice if you want to see all the different facets of the beautiful Western Cape Region. With your rental car you reach all the beautiful places within 30 min (Cape Town, Clarence Drive, Muizenberg, Stellenbosch, Winelands, Bettys Bay......) - means the location is priceless. You live also close to the Somerset West Mall, where you can spend ours for shopping - as well as the beautiful beach in Strand, that you reach within a few minutes walking.

The Guesthouse itself is hosted by the lovely Joubert-Family, who makes you feel at home from the first minute you enter the guesthouse. Sandy and Jake do have the best advices and reccomendations for the area - EVERY restaurant they recommended was absolutely wonderful. - There was NO day, that they didn't had a solution for our plans - even if it was raining for one day :)

The rooms are spacious and decorated with heart - Rita - the wonderful house keeper makes sure, that the rooms are tidy and clean every day - we never had any complaints.

In the garden is small but very nice pool and a beautiful garden, where you can relax, if you choos to stay a few hours "at home".

The seperate kitchen area in every rooms gives you the possibilty to cook for yourself or even have a Braai outside - Jake&Sandy give wonderful tipps for the best braai-evening.

Overall it is the best accomodation I have stayed in South Africa (after travelling around and seeing quite a bit) - can recommend it as for a single (stayed there 3 weeks) or as a couple (just stayed 2 weeks) or even as a family with kids (book the seperate cottage).

Go there - you wont regret it! :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Johannesburg
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We have returned to jackals lair for 4 years as it is a comfortable holiday home with easy access to town and the airport. Sandy has welcomed us back each year and has made us feel at home and comfortable each time. The house is clean and has all you require for a self catering home. Lots of restaurants nearby if you don't want to cook. Our next stay will be a longer one. Thanks Sandy see you again soon. Richard and Shirley

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cape Town
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed at The Sandz from 3 - 7 Jan 2013 and I must admit we were pleasantly surprised by the friendly reception by from Sandy & Jake on our arrival. Everything was so neat & clean and we felt right at home, right from the start. A big bonus for us was the convenience of two well-known stores close by and the information package they shared with us around restaurants and entertainment in the area. It was simply a fantastic week and we thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. There is already a big chance we will be back the end of this year. We actually felt quite sad when we had to leave out little "home". A big THANK YOU to Sandy & Jake for making us feel so welcome. You guys are the best. PS ... I actually forgot my laptop in the apartment when we left and I got it back safe & sound with no hassles. All I can say is : The service was simply awesome, the apartment was neat & comfortable and I will recommend them any time.

Randall Hendricks

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 10 January 2013

A lovely house with great facilities and easy access to the beach. The staff were excellent and the hosts very charming. A few extra bits in the kitchen would be helpful and also pool/beach towels. Also these days, I am afraid, kids expect bigger TV screens.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Raymond P
George, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Ac is a must ! The fan worked well for me but may not be acceptable for all the guests. Swimming pool was nice , but only one towel for swimming and shower. Would have liked to enjoy a glass of wine next to swimming pool.

Room Tip: Just saw one room ...so difficult to make suggestions