Nestled above San Jose this hotel is like a dream---the main building is white stucco and has no sharp edges. The restaurant, El Tigre Vestido, overlooks San Jose. THe grounds of the hotel are very lush. The pool and hot tubs are up higher and are very beautiful too. Across the road is the Coffee Plantation.
The main hotel is filled with murals, folk art and modern art. It is like sating in a wonderful museum. Our room, Las Piedras ( each room has a name and unique art-work) , was on the first floor of the main hotel. It had a balcony with a great view of San Jose and the mountains. We had a king size bed, a sitting room and a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and a shower. There was a coffee maker, milk and Finca Rosa Blanca's own coffee as well as snacks etc. to buy.
Breakfast was included in the rate as was all the coffee you could drink in the restaurant. The coffee is great!
The town of Santa Barbara is about 4km. away---you can walk ( it is hilly) or take a taxi or a public bus.
I took the Coffee Plantation tour ( $35) and learned a lot and enjoyed the walk through the plantation and a coffee cupping lesson, but it was a hilly walk on a hot day.
I loved the art work and took many pictures of the folk art, murals and even the tiles. It is a truly unique hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn is a world-class 13 room resort located in the middle of an organic shade-grown coffee plantation with lush colorful gardens and awe inspiring views of the Central Valley below. The recipient of many awards for being a global leader in responsible tourism and luxury, Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn is the perfect choice for discerning and knowledgeable travelers who want to be surrounded by beautiful coffee fields while nestled in a cozy world famous hotel awarded with the highest levels of certified sustainability. Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation and Inn is part of the Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels and Lodges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Hotel Santa Barbara
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation And Inn
- Country Inn Heredia
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation & Inn Costa Rica/Santa Barbara