“Al Fresco Pizza by the River Ure”
Review of The Bull Inn

The Bull Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Already listed under hotels
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Called in for Supper on the way back from a few days in the Lakes. Great little pub - Aspalls Cider and Real Ales. Lovely meal on a table next to the River watching fish popping up! Nice pizza and chunky chips.

There are newer reviews for The Bull Inn

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely perfect setting for dog walkers etc so my advice is to just call in for a drink. Do not eat there. The food is not good and they are trying to hard which is really letting it down

3  Thank Stanley D
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Where to go for lunch on a sunny day as was driving my wife mad with my foot in a cast, so somewhere with good food and a good view. I have passed this place many times in car and on motorbike but never stopped, so checked trip advisor first and it looked promising.

Arrived about twelve thirty just us there good for me I need space for my crutches!! Warm welcome from a member of staff and the owner, we were made to feel very welcome.
Ordered our mains and got drinks, service is good but not rushed. I had the home made pie which today was chicken and ham wife had prawn and haddock Thai green curry both we excellent and decent helping without being swamped (which can put me off) the place was filling up now with a few tourists and locals (always a good sign) we then each had puddings off the board well made and very tasty spotted dick and vanilla custard for me Apple pie for the other half
With drinks bill was less than £40 excellent value

Really enjoyed it and will definitely be returning soon, but I don't recommend it, wouldn't want everyone to discover it and ruin our little gem!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Called into this pub for something eat took a while to be served in fairness they weren't busy so the food didn't take that long to arrive. Ordered steak and chips, pie, chips and veg and burger chips and beans. They brought the food out we noticed that they only fetched out one potion of chips, they didn't come back to the table to check if everything was ok, so we brought up this fact up when we were paying the bill and was told we should of shared them. If this was mentioned when they fetched the chips out then fair enough but it wasn't, and then they had the ordascity to charge for them. The food was average, service poor and whilst leaving I explained this to a party of 8 arriving of my poor experience and am happy to say they got in their cars and drove off. I can safely say I will never go back to this pub again.

1  Thank Evan S
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Called here for a drink last weekend whilst we staying elsewhere in Wensleydale. We were coming back from a day at Ripon and thought how gorgeous the pub and garden over looking the river looked. Sat in the spring sun having a beer and decided we would love to stay at this charming little inn. Only had a drink on this occasion but the food looked good and the inn was delightful and full of character. Have now booked a long weekend for our anniversary in September. Will update further when we get back.