“Beautiful Animal Museum & Zoo”
Review of Batu Secret Zoo

Batu Secret Zoo
Ranked #1 of 48 things to do in Batu
Surabaya, Indonesia
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Beautiful Animal Museum & Zoo”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This recreation area has very good and real-like dioramas and well-managed zoo. Located not far from the heart of the town of Batu. It's good for children to learn about animals in a clean and no-bad-smelling place. There are places for children such as Fantasy Land and Happy Land. There's also an-Africa-like zone where wild beasts live there.

Visited July 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A well managed entertainment site”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We visite the zoo during the last Eid holiday. Since I entered the area, I was impressed by the small things thought by the management. For example, all of the area in the batu secret zoo was accessible by wheelchair or baby stroller. That really really saved me from the heavy burden of carrying baby's equipment through stairs, and thus saving me from a prolongated backpain.

The food and drinks inside the area were also sold at a reasonable price. A cup of Pop Mie was sold 8,000 rupiah, which later made me regret my decision to bring a whole full course meal for lunch. A cup of noodles won't calm the beasts inside your stomach? Worry not, there was a CFC restaurant right in the front of the entrance gate.

To enjoy the zoo at the fullest, I suggest to go there during weekdays as this place could get very crowded during the weekend or any peak season holiday.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Yanuar A
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best zoo in East Java”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've only been in Surabaya Zoo and Taman Safari 2, so I don't know if I can call this the best zoo in Indonesia. But I'm sure this is the best one in East Java, far much better than those two I mentioned before. The zoo is clean and well maintained. The ticket is not cheap, but I think it's worth.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andika C
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great holiday destination”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I forgot how many times i came here. After years, the zoo is still well maintain. Although some snakes we found already gone, but many animals still in good condition. The facilities also in good condition. Great to visit especially with little kid

yk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great family vacation”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The jatim park 2, is wonderful. I went there with my family last school vacation and it was superb. All the kids love it and in fact I enjoy it too. Will be back,....

Visited July 2014