We stayed at this resort for 2 nights, on our visit to Mount Bromo.
1. The service was excellent. The entire staff was very courteous, helpful and service-oriented. Most of them spoke good English, though not all at the front desk were aware about traveling to Bromo and neighbouring areas, and other such touristy information.
We would specially like to commend Faud, who went out of his way to make our stay comfortable and deal with all our requests. He really did a great job !
2. The entire complex of the hotel was beautiful, scenic, and very well maintained. Quite a contrast from the little town in which it is located.
3. The room was big, comfortable, well-appointed, with lovely, modern decor and fittings as is the bathroom.
4. There was a sumptuous and splendid Continental breakfast spread (which is what we prefer) with an equally good Asian spread.
5. We arranged for a private car with the hotel for the sunrise trip and visit to Mount Bromo, and it was very well taken care of. The packed breakfast was hearty and a great relief, given that there are hardly any decent food options near Mount Bromo. The driver was skilled and very professional and courteous, and that allowed us to have a good nap on the 3 hour ride to and from Bromo !
1. This resort seems to have a huge problem with noise - some thing that is a big turn off for us, and would be for other seasoned travelers as well.
A. We came to this beautiful resort, in the back of beyond, after a long trip from Singapore and Surabaya, and were greeted by an extremely noisy welcome on account of it being an Easter weekend (which is not an Indonesian thing by the way at all ) The music was blaring and the design of the entire building structure is such that noise echoes from every corner, since they have no carpeting or other soft furnishing to dampen any sound.
B. We had to change our room from the topmost floor because the bar is also on that floor, and it plays LOUD, LIVE music every evening till 11 pm or later - and you can hear the bass and all other parts of the music in your room, which is quite a nuisance if you are trying to get some sleep before your sunrise tour starting at 1 am !!
We changed our room to the lowest floor, and we could still hear the bass pretty prominently. We asked the desk to get the bar to tone down the music, but it was met with only a temporary reprieve.
C. The next day we thought we would have a quiet lunch by the beautiful view in the lovely garden, but there were music and announcements blaring again from the pool area or some other venue upstairs where an event was being organised for Easter. As I said, the structure of this building is really faulty since it is really open, and noise leaks and echoes from every part. Plus, they really love to create noise!!
D. On the following morning, we again were not able to enjoy a quiet breakfast because there was loud music and announcements blaring from some other event !!
E. The rooms in general are not sound-proofed as you can hear all the noise of footsteps, and children's screams from the corridors outside which have no carpeting - so the noise really echoes around all the stone tiles etc.
The management seems to be really deaf to the noise they are creating here, since this resort is really very noisy in every way possible. Noise is not classy, not welcoming and not relaxing !! It needs to ask itself why anyone would want to pay so heftily to come to this beautiful resort, tucked so far away, and then have to feel like they are in the middle of a cheap city bar or community festival !
2. The other annoying part of our stay was that when we arrived at the restaurant for dinner at around 7 pm, there were hardly any other guests around and we thought we would get quick service. On the contrary, our very simple dishes took 45 minutes to arrive. We had been dying of hunger since our long trip from Surabaya, and there are no other eateries around, so it was really annoying to see loads of guests trickle in to the restaurant, get served before us, and many of them had finished their food and left before our food arrived !!
We learned it was because they had "reserved" and "pre-ordered" their meal before they came to the restaurant. Somehow we didn't know of this peculiar code of conduct and we received the short end of the stick.
And when the food came, the quality was just about okay.
I would give 3 stars to this resort on account of the tremendous noise nuisance and restaurant experience, and 5 stars for everything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star The Singhasari Resort Batu offers luxurious accommodation with a private balcony. This property features an outdoor swimming pool, a restaurant and a variety of recreational facilities. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas. Singhasari Batu Resort is a 15-minute drive from Jatim Park and Batu Night Spectacular. It is a 20-minute drive from Kota Baru Train Station and a 30-minute drive from Panderman Mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Singhasari Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.