“Picture perfect!”
Review of Chateau Talaud

Chateau Talaud
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed at the beautiful Chateau Talaud in July for our 5 year anniversary and we couldn't have chosen a more perfect place to celebrate. The chateau itself is beautiful and the grounds incredibly well maintained. It was lovely to just lounge around wherever we felt like sitting. And especially near the pool which was a beautiful feature. We stayed in the Blue room - which was very romantic, tastefully decorated and specious! The host Connie was very helpful and friendly and made us feel at home straight away. The location was great in terns of exploring northern provence, les baux and the luberon - which was stunning! Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Beautiful Chateau with vineyards, lovely grounds. Friendly owners. Very helpful in recommending sites to see within Provence as well as places to have dinner. Very knowledgeable. Great breakfast, large spread, a little for everyone ! The freshest croissants that we experienced in our two weeks in France. Heinz would go out each morning and pick up a fresh batch before everyone sat down for breakfast. The Chateau is like a little museum. Try to experience dinner at Chateau Talaud, if possible. A treat ! Large comfortable rooms. We had the Red Room, fabulous ! Directions into town for dinner can be a little difficult if driving at night, even with the written instruction from the owners. Our TomTom (GPS) didn't work very well. Excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I visited chateau Talaud this September for five wonderful nights while visiting Provence. We stayed in the Orangerie apartment which was beautifully decorated and indeed very comfortable. Connie and Hein are gracious hosts and always there to help and advise and their two family deiters always there to welcome the guests. Wonderful property and service ... Would love to return one day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

A very friendly welcome by the family deiters
High quality service
Very good breakfast and high quality rooms with wifi everywhere..
This place is for us a little jewel
Were we certainly will come back
Hotel is situated in the middle of the vineyards

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had our second visit to Chateau Talaud last week. It was as wonderful as the first one in 2009. Such a wonderful property and Conny and Hein are spectacularly gracious. Always helpful and always so much to tell us and advise us about. Vineyards, shopping, tour guides, everything is taken care of when you visit this beautiful property. We travel with friends, family and children and it just works out for everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and very unique. They are named by colors, which is the theme of each. room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 2010canucks2011
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I spent five nights at the Chateau. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by Conny and Hein, who took us to our gorgeous room, the Blue Room, and showed us around the property. Conny and Hein were so helpful in every way possible. The highlight of our stay was a dinner for 19 guests prepared by a local chef and served in the chateau. The food and wine were outstanding. In addition, it gave us the opportunity to socialize with the other guests which only made our stay even better. It was a wonderful experience. Chateau Talaud's location was perfect for touring around Provence and enabled us to go wine tasting and explore the beauty of Provence. We can't wait to visit again!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Chateau Talaud, my home away home in Provence.
I and my wife revisited the Chateau with a couple of my friends in the first week of July this year
My full family including my wife, 2 sons and their wives, stayed here in 2007.
I found this place on internet and was wondering whether I made a right choice.
Upon arriving all my doubts vanished.
The hosts, Conny, Hein, and their two lovely canine family members named Sushi & Soya, welcomed us full heartedly.
My days at the chateau were perfect.
The Chateau is between Avignon and Carpentras and major attraction of this area is
within less than an hour driving distance.
If you based here you can explore most of Provence, such as Aix-en-Provence,Arles,Orange,
Mont Ventoux, Moustiers-Ste.-Marie, Lac de Ste. Croix, Grand Canyon de Verdon,Valensole for lavender fields, etc.
There are endless possibilities.
But above all, Chateau Talaud is a B&B par excellance,
Rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated with the artifacts Conny and Hein collected over the years.
With high ceiling and comfortable canopied king size bed you don't need anything any more.
Just relax and enjoy your vacation at the lovely poolside or walk around the surrounding park or vineyards edged with blooming roses.
The breakfast is an another feast pleasing your taste as well as your eyes served on the lawn.
If you need a dinner table at local restaurant Conny and Hein will arrange it for you or you can even have a dinner at the Chateau prepared by renowned local chef.
I have stayed at Chateau le Chevre d'Or in Eze, Hotel Negresco in Nice,Villa Gallicci in Aix,
Hotel Mirande and Hotel Europe in Avignon,Hotel George V and Domaine Bodeuc in Bretagne,
I prefer this place to get my rest and relaxation and respite.
You will want Chateau Talaud be your best kept secret place in order to have it all by yourself.
I did.
But one can not too shellfish, you have to share, right?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank kleetraveler3

Been to Chateau Talaud? Share your experiences!