See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2018

This was supposed to be a step-up on my trip, but it was only "average". The people/staff were nice, but there were some room issues (mechanical) and the food was just so-so and it was not what I expected from the website photos...

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

First of all, I don't know who approved this place to contain the "resort" part in its name.

We decided to stay here since on the reception they confirmed it will meet our 2 simple (?!) requirements: Warm water and working Internet. Ha - ha, right -.-". Price was supposed to be around 750 birr for the room for 2 per night.

They offered us to choose between few rooms, we chose the one which seemed more spacious, nicely located and cleaner. However, it was not impressively clean. In the morning we wanted to shower, surprise, no water! My bf went to the reception, where he got the answer that in that room there is no water now, they spent all the water during last day. He told them they should have mentioned about that possibility when we were booking the room. Btw, evening before we were sitting in the restaurant (outside), internet was working ok (depends by the moment), when exactly few minutes after they closed the restaurant internet totally disappeared. We assume that someone turned it off to make us move away from the chairs (even though they already collected all the stuff from the table and all we had to do was to put seats back in the place after we go...it is the area (only area in resort!) where anyone can come, take the chair and seat down, no matter if the restaurant is opened or closed). Considering all this, my boyfriend told he will not pay for the room more than 600 birr... Not immediately, but they agreed on that, we decided to spend there one more night, as they told to change our room to the one with water.

New room = twin beds, cold water. We again called them to repair it... There was only one thing which they had to open (it is hard to do it with just your hands) so that warm water starts, but they didn't listen my bf who was showing them what is the problem... they spent some time doing everything else, then went out, telling us to wait. In a meantime, my bf decided to do it himself - he went to the other opened room, took one missing part from there and managed to open it. When he was on the way to tell them he repaired it, they were coming back to tell how it is impossible to repair.

Beds have mosquito nets (check for the holes). The receptionist is polite.

Internet didn't work that day, neither morning after. Ah, and internet, when it works, works only near the reception and the restaurant. In the rooms no.

Restaurant food was fine with ok prices. I recommend you to try pizza. The best pizza I ever tried is in Ethiopia here and in one more Ethiopian city. :)

On your place, I would rather choose some other cheaper place to stay in Jinka. The quality of accommodation will anyway probably be the same. The only difference is here you have trees around, what makes it look more peaceful and nicer (the reason why I gave 2 stars is this and pizza).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2017

This grim hotel needs complete refurbishment. I am not sure why it is called a 'resort' as it appears to have no facilities. It is a dull, grim place needing a good scrub, repainting in light colours, improved bedside lighting, new comfortable beds and bedding, and replacing all broken and poorly maintained furniture. Food is poor quality and waitresses need to spend more time attending to their customers, bringing them their change (rather than assuming they can keep it), cleaning the eating areas, sweeping floors etc instead of spending their time chatting to other staff and being inattentive to their customers. There is a lot of room for improvement - and for other hotels to open in competition. If you walk up the hill to the right of this hotel when you exit, for just a few minutes, you will find a small, clean, restaurant where you will get good food and friendly service.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This resort has a nice terrace for breakfast and dining, just off the main road of Jinka. The menu though is very limited. Our room was very dirty and the bathroom got flooded. We heard othe clients complaining too. At times we had no water.
Wifi is good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tulliai
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

For 500 birr I didn't expect much. The room is ok. I had very little running water in my room because Jinka was out of water and their back up water was not working that well. However, the front desk Receptionist made up for it as well as the service at the restaurant. They went out of their way for me. Was able to get breakfast early and other requests were attended to.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo