Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews bull jumping ceremony tour guide arba minch local guide national park ethiopia tours goat southern ethiopia his team spent days two weeks take care great guide amazing trip first night stay overnight next morning
Reviewed yesterday

We spent a few days with Bereket Tadesse showing us around some of the various tribes in the Omo valley. He was really helpful, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the different people visited. We were lucky enough to visit the bull jumping ceremony which was amazing to experience. I would definitely recommend Bereket to anyone who wants to visit this part of Ethiopia.

Reviewed 6 days ago

I just returned from 20 days with Nesibu Rasta as my guide and tour organiser, half in the Omo Valley and half in the north. He's a nice, honest and caring person, also responsive to my needs and expectations.
I had arranged with him a "full board" trip for a reasonable price, including all fees for food, hotels, visits, driver, etc, in order to make it simple as I don't speak enough Amharic.
He has many friends in several villages in the South (hamer, mursi, tsemay, body, bena and erbory), helping in communication issues and to get special experiences. However, it seems there is no way to avoid many tribes people asking for birrs in exchange for taking their pictures - although expected and understandable - therefore a bit frustrating not being able to have a spontaneous interaction with them. On the way back from south I had a chance to visit Awassa and Shashemine which are also quite interesting and worth to experience.

In the north (Lalibela and Gondar) he arranged for excellent guides in addition to him with no extra cost.

I highly recommend Ras Nesibu for both Omo valley trip and northern historic places.

His contact: e-mail ,rasnesibu@gmail.com
Whatsapp, +2510910099702.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The weekly market in Jinka is a lot of fun. As a foreigner there, you don't feel so pressured nor out of place since there is so much activity that doesn't revolve around tourism. We found this market to be a great cultural experience. You can take local vans/buses to get there, but it can get full pretty fast and there are no set schedules sometimes, so have time!

Guy Dunete is a local guide. We met him randomly and he showed us around informally. He now arranges formal tours to the National Park as well, don't hesitate to hit him up:
dinoteguya@gamil.com
+251932605820

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a great time visiting Omo valley in August with Guya Dunete as one of our guides. Went to see many different tribes and always felt amazed and safe.
I’ll see you guys next time as well!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had a great time visiting omo valley and having Guya Gunete as a guide.
A local young man from the Hamer tribe. Knowing the locals and having a lot of experience.
Very recommended.
dinoteguya@gamil.com

Reviewed 1 week ago

Just spend an amazing two weeks in the omo valley.
I had the opportunity to camp with mursi, hamer, Dassanech, karo, nyangatom and suri tribes !
Special thanks for my guide Muga for assisting me !
This is a great guide and I sincerely recommend him !
Mugabodo3@gmail.cm 0927012651

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked an 8 day tour of Southern Ethiopia with "Addis for Tour". I couldn't have been more satisfied with my experience. We managed to pack in so many amazing experiences in that time, including visiting many of the colorful Market days of the different tribes in Omo valley.
Our guide Getahun is cool, friendly and extremely knowledgeable. He speaks excellent English as well as being fluent in the local languages of the many different tribes of Omo valley.
I especially enjoyed our stay with the fascinating Mursi tribe. We were lucky enough to see their unique bull jumping ceremony.
As a vegetarian I was super happy with the delicious local food we ate. There were always very tasty meat free options available for me. The local fresh fruits were absolutely divine, especially the avocado.
"Addis For Tour" can tailor excursions flexibly to your time constraints and budget.
For bookings and enquiries he can be contacted via
WhatsApp :+251939868239
Email addisfortour@gmail.com

1  Thank velvetigre
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Allow me to start this review off with some important info for anyone who is planning a trip to the Omo Valley. I had the pleasure of having Robel, a local Ethiopian tour guide, show me the Omo Valley and all the local tribes there. Robel was beyond professional, was sincere and caring, took every effort to make sure my trip was perfect, and was well spoken and knowledgeable. I absolutely can not recommend him enough, so if you are thinking of planning a tour, contact him on his WhatsApp +251 91 270 7956 or email him at SOL770084@yahoo.com . Seriously. When I went about planning this it was hard to know who is trustworthy or well reviewed, but his name came up many many times and I can say that everything you will read about him is true. He is beyond incredible.

As for the Omo Valley, I find myself running out of words. Beyond being one of the most stunning landscapes you will ever come across, the local tribes (we saw the Forde, Konso, Mursi, Bena, Hammar, Dassanech) are one of the most fascinating cultural experiences I’ve ever had. Just as an FYI, I’m a photographer and hired Robel for the photography-orientated tour and it is 100% worth it if you’re into that. He hired a local guide as well who speaks the tribes languages and helped accommodate all photo related situations (payment, posing, etc). Beyond helpful.

The whole tour was done in the comfort of a 4x4 which is awesome because the roads are quite rough at times. That being said you really get the authentic ‘africa’ experience and all of the people you will meet along the way are so friendly and lovely. The Omo Valley lived up to all of my expectations and more.

I will 100% be coming back to Ethiopia and next time I’m planning on doing the north which I’ve heard great things about from travellers I met along the way.

2  Thank lukeanthonygram
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our visit to OMO valley in September was very impressive and exciting! With lots of driving but we still got to see the tribes we desired. Thanks to our guide/driver Yasu, a very energetic young man who is more mature than his age! Yasu is very calm and easy to communicate, he is always on time and very professional! I had good experience with him, I definitely recommend him.

2  Thank Phoebe P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

During the month of August my girlfriend and I did a trip across the omo valley, visiting some of its tribes, the magestuous landscapes and we did It all with the help of our guide Firew. He can talk several dialekts, what helps a lot to the comunication with the local people.
I strongly recomend this guide, he speaks good english, and is very friendly. I contacted him by WhatsApp +251916711928

2  Thank Arregitarra