“Very good indeed”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Leven
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The New Inn Leven is a former Georgian Country House which is situated in the village of Leven. We are ideally placed for exploring the surroundings including the East Yorkshire Coastline, Beverley and the Yorkshire Wolds. We have seven en-suite guest rooms, a bar and a separate recently refurbished restaurant. We also have a beautiful and spacious enclosed courtyard where you can relax with a drink. Throughout the year we have a range of events, including the ever-popular Real Ale Festival, a monthly Music Quiz, live bands and singers, as well as taster nights in the restaurant.
Boston, England, United Kingdom
“Very good indeed”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean and had all that you needed. There are extra supplies on the landing if you need them.
Food was very nice and as always plenty of it. Thank you for making us feel very welcome again.

Beverley, United Kingdom
“Great Mother Day Meal”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Spent a great Mother's Day with a booking of 11. Sunday lunch was good value and priced really reasonable. Home cooked none of the chain restaurant stuff - going back soon definitely

1 Thank MUGGLETONFOREVER
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed. ...didn't hang about for food!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We tried The New Inn after seeing the excellent reviews, 5 star hygiene rating and wanting a proper not-part-of-a-chain pub. First impressions were unfortunately poor, the decor was dated and the furniture heavily stained.

We had a drink while waiting for our meal, while doing so we saw a couple of Sunday roasts brought to other tables which seemed to be drenched in gravy and with burnt Yorkshire puddings. After the kids had drunk some of their drinks we realised the glasses were filthy and one had a chip in the rim.

We were shown our table, next to the window sill littered with dead flies! Upon asking for a menu were told it's on a wall at the other end of the restaurant so we'd have to go and look, all 11 of us!

We decided to abort at this point, not wanting to spend money and be further disappointed. We tried to pay for our drinks on the tab to be told we'd need to tell them what we'd had as they'd deleted them off the till. We were offered the drinks for free, but I'm afraid an apology might have been more appropriate!

I have to say, compared to the other reviews I felt as though I'd arrived at the wrong pub!

2 Thank independent2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Must go”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I have just moved to the area and this is my local. I have tried the fish and chips on a Friday and Sunday roast pork, both of which were superb. It's lovely homemade food and very good value. The staff are friendly and good choice of drinks, the only thing I would change is the music in there as I am sure I heard a handful of Elvis songs on both occasions. I was also impressed with the range of desert choices the toffee crunch pie with cream was very nice. I look forward to going again in the near future.

“First timers”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

First time to this pub after reading their twitter account and looking at the reviews.
We decided to visit early Sunday evening and after advise booked a table .
My wife and I both had the roast specials and a sweet and we were both highly satisfied with the food. We are looking forward to trying one of their " Steak Nights" soon.

Visited March 2014