“Birthday celebration”

Victory Chop & Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
Victory Chop & Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 93 Restaurants in Cheadle
Price range: US$17 - US$48
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A contemporary twist on a classic British chop house, the Victory is a new addition to the De Vere Village in Cheadle. Sowcasing an open theatre kitchen, Head Chef Tom Hughes and his team produce a range of classic chop house dishes. Offering casual countertop dining as well as private booths and a stunning feature chandelier, Victory offers a vibrant atmosphere in a chic setting.
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had been told that this restaurant was very good, as my wife is a member of the gym we decided to try it on her birthday .The staff were very helpful and attentive however they were let down by the quality of the food basically it was like a second rate Berni inn!!. I had the tempura prawns which tasted like they were cooked in an average chip shop batter, my burger was over cooked and tasteless. My wife had a steak which had a lot of gristle in it. The price of the drinks was way over the top £3.60 for a single Jack Daniels plus £1.20 for a "baby" coke and nearly £15.00 for a carafe (500cl) of very average wine .As I said the staff were very good but need better uniforms not T Shirts hanging over there trousers and wearing trainers! If this is supposed to be the "flag" ship restaurant of the hotel they need to get their act together sharply!!

1  Thank Tattes
Jreid1, Manager at Victory Chop & Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Tattes,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your meal on your wife's birthday.

I am delighted to see that the service you received was attentive and the staff were helpful. I will be sharing your comments with the restaurant team and also pass on your feedback to our kitchen team regarding the standard of the food received.

I am at the hotel most days if you wish to discuss anything with me further.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I live locally and have been meaning to try this restaurant for some time.

my husband and I visited recently on a Saturday evening, we booked in advance online and were seated immediately, the restaurant was not very busy but people were being turned away, the decor is lovely if not a little dark.

I ordered T-bone steak and my husband had the mixed grill, the steak was good but not the best I have had and my husband enjoyed his mixed grill - the gammon was cooked beautifully, we also had desserts the nemesis cake was like a brownie and quite heavy and the Jaffa pudding was cold and would have been better warmed up but all in all we had a nice meal - Bill came to £58 for 2 mains, 2 desserts and 2 soft drinks.

We would try this place again and maybe try the Sunday dinner.

Dear Maria P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your meal with us.
I have shared your comments with our kitchen team to review.

We now have a new Sunday Lunch menu in place at £11.95 for 3 courses available every Sunday between 1-8pm. We would be delighted if you came to try it.

I am at the hotel most days should you wish to discuss anything further.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Have been coming to this restaurant for years and had some lovely meals here, though admittedly it was much nicer before it's refurb a few years ago. However my husband booked a table (weeks in advance for Mother's Day) for us, my 3 children and my mum. The evening before he couldn't remember the time so rang to confirm, only to be told that there was no reference to our booking and the restaurant was fully booked!! How bad is that....if you do book this restaurant make sure you book on line or ring back to double check your booking!!!!

1  Thank TigerJoJoManchester

Dear TigerJoJoManchester,

I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience with us regarding your booking on Mother's Day. We do now have online booking facilities available directly on the Village Urban Resorts website.

I am at the hotel most days should you require any further contact.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

If you like a dark, loud techno music playing restaurant, serving fairly expensive, indifferent food by willing but untrained, poorly dressed and unsupervised staff, then this is the place for you.

Jreid1, Manager at Victory Chop & Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Pauline C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent meal with us. I was really sorry to hear about the issues your experienced.

I am at the Hotel most days should you wish to discuss your stay with me further.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Dined at this restaurant as part on the dinner bed and breakfast deal that groupon had. Was really looking forward to it as we had stayed before but not dined. We arrived around 10 mins before our booking to be told to sit outside in seating area and they would call us. They did not do this so we rejoined the queue as others that arrived after us were being seated. We were shown to our table and asked for our drinks order and then someone took our food order no drinks arrived after 30mins so we asked again nothing 10 mins later we asked again and they was brought to us 40 min wait for a drink is shocking!!!!!!! We then asked about our starters as others who came in after us has finished theirs . They then arrived 5 mins later the food was lovely although was warm and not hot ! We paid for the steak & chips which was a £4 supplement. We was brought the 2 steaks but only 1 chips they said they would bring the second one out ! These only arrived after our meals had been eaten 15 mins later. One if the waitresses had knocked one if our drinks over and said that they would replace it which they did only to find they had charged us for the drink they knocked over. The service was absoloutly shocking! The waiting staff are mostly young and none of them seem to have a designated role so things get over looked very easily ! This happend at breakfast time we were asked if we wanted tea or coffee and they said they would bring it out 15 mins later still not arrived only to ask and be told yes I'm getting it in a minute.

Jreid1, Manager at Victory Chop & Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Maisey1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I was really sorry to hear about the issues your experienced during your meal and can assure you that these issues are being looked into and actioned.

Warmest regards,