“Great food, but....£2 charge for a SODA water!!!”

Turquoise Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Cheadle
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester
“Great food, but....£2 charge for a SODA water!!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My boyfriend and I went for a midweek evening treat, having been before for a larger family meal.

When we arrived there was an offer on for 2 course meal (smaller set menu) for £11.95 which we thought was excellent value.

I had the hot mix starter and donor kebab, and my boyfriend had chicken wings and the Turquoise lamb. The food was wonderful and tasty, and arrived very quickly.

Considering it was a Wednesday night, the restaurant soon filled up, but the downfall of this was the there was only two wait staff on, which meant we waited an age for the bill to arrive, and then another 15 minutes to actually pay the bill!!

I was actually shocked when I saw the bill when I realised that they charged £2 for soda water!! So much so, I even questioned it with the waitress, and she told me that was correct!!! Obviously I drank it so I paid it, but having worked in a bar for many years, and knowing soda water is free when off a post mix, I was very shocked to see a charge for it!!

My major issue with the restaurant however, (hence the 3/5 rating), is the quite blasé attitude you get when you arrive. You aren't greeted in the warmest way, unless you are known to the staff and you don't get shown to a table, you get one pointed out to you. Oh, and the guy serving has all the personality and charisma of a lemon having been sucked dry. A smile wouldn't have gone amiss.

All in all, food is fantastic, but everything else needs bringing up to the same standard.

Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“good lunch”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Visited today whilst abandoned in Cheadle. I had two courses off the set lunch menu costing £7.50.Also had a pint of per on I. Food was very good, not massive quantities but very reasonable for the price. I would certainly go again.

“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous food!
Superb atmosphere! Lots to to choose from
Will definitely visit soon!
My kids loved it as well! But would love to come back for my date night in the evening! Haha

stockport england
“birthday lunch”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

5 of us visited for a birthday lunch. Had 2 course £7.50 set lunch menu which had a great choice we all had different mains chicken casserole chicken sis, lamb doner, sword fish and sea bass and they were all excellent. I had borek cheese baked in filo pastry . The service was very very good we did not have to wait too long

• Visited March 2014
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“not great family family meal!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Three of us went for a meal their including my 7 year old daughter,we ordered from a the set deals, since they seem good value, we ordered a cold and hot platter, which was nice, with little different things with bits of wrap not pitta bread to go with it, it was different and went well, this bit of the meal was lovely, but the the main was awful, my husband ordered it was like flattened pieces of lamb, and rice and salad, i ordered lamb koftas, they were awful, they were rubbery and had a funny texture, so this ruined it for us. The staff were friendly , but we woulnt go their again, but go to the istunbul grill which is is abit further down!

• Visited February 2014