“Overnight stay”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
Sydney, Australia
“Overnight stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed here the night before my long haul flight from Manchester. Arrived at about 7.30pm, the 'welcome' was not warm and the lady checking us in turned to talk to someone else (another guest who had interrupted) as I was speaking. I asked about transport to the airport in the morning, she replied ' there is none, you would have to book a taxi' but offered not numbers.
There were a lot of cobwebs and dust, as well as battered furniture and very tired decor.
The room was a good size, but the en-suite tiny and damp, with mould between the tiles. The bed was very uncomfortable, it felt like the thin mattress from a cheap fold out bed. Neither of the bedside lights worked, the drawers were dirty and had hair in them. I couldn't bring myself to open the wardrobe.
I got up at 6am the next morning and went to shower. The temperature was boiling hot and would not cool down. The only time it was bearable was when the hot water was running out, but after 2 minutes it was cold.
It was only a few minutes drive to the airport, but apart from that, there is no reason why you should ever stay there.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I needed to drop my son off at the airport, so we stayed here (after checking on tripadvisor!). It is a 'quaint' little place right on the main road, the sat nav got a bit confused! The room was very clean and bright. the bathroom too - the shower was excellent! We were on the top floor, so I'm glad my son could carry up his own bag! Road was a little noisy, but that covers up the plane noise, and we both slept well. I would definitely recommend this place for a pre or post airport stopover.
Note - if you want to eat an evening meal there, it has to be pre-booked. We just walked 10 mins into Heald Green and ate at the Beefeater.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank YorkshireCountrylass
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Pymgate Lodge is a lovely old hotel/guesthouse that has been allowed to deteriorate sadly. The rooms are clean and comfortable but the grounds are greatly lacking in care giving a lacking welcome first impression. We arrived on a very hot evening and the windows barely open and there is no cross ventilation so the rooms were stifling! My husband went and purchased a small fan to survive! The breakfast is a basic continental breakfast of toast and cereal, etc....sufficient but not impressive. It is pretty convenient to the Manchester Airport which is why we chose it to rest after a transatlantic flight. The traffic noise from the street is pretty loud especially since one must have the windows open for any air. It slowed a bit late in the evening but the street is a very busy main road.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Athens,Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We had the pleasure of staying 2 weeks on a business trip at Pymgate.
It is a lovely and very clean lodge with very friendly staff.Valentina will take care and answer any question you might have and help in the best possible way.
Lean Breakfast was included,but on request a delicious full English was available.
Within 10 min walk from the train station,allowed us to go anywhere we needed to go.
A very nice place overall,but only thanks to Valentina and Christina.
Thank you for a memorable stay and we'll see you again in October.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank billggr
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed at Pymgate lodge for one night before we flew off to Egypt for two weeks and found the hotel to be very nice. We had travelled by train to Manchester Airport from Leeds and then had a short taxi ride to the hotel. We arrived around 8pm and were tired so went straight to our room. There were four of us, two adults and two young children. We had a double bed and the babies a single bed each. The room was very clean and had digital tv, kettle and tea coffee services. We were able to order a take away from menus available at reception which was delivered to the hotel.
I don't know if our lack of sleep was down to the excitement of going on holiday or the take away but my husband and I had a rough nights sleep. The front of the hotel is on the main road and is a little noisy for anyone who is a light sleeper especially because the windows appeared to be only single glazed.
The continental breakfast was nice and the taxi that the hotel arranged was on time and reasonably priced.
We would recommend this hotel if you are traveling early to Manchester Airport as it is nearby and great value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Elizabeth H
newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

Even though I arrived late after 11pm following a six hour flight, the welcome couldn't have been warmer. My room was spacious, warm and spotlessly clean and though I couldn't get the telly to work, there was everything anyone could want... A plentiful supply of tea and coffee, clean towels, loads of electrical sockets, lamps, nice bathroom toiletries and a really comfy bed with beautifully laundered white sheets. The only thing that let the room down were the thin ill fitting curtains which barely stretched across the window and didn't match anything. But honestly, that was my only criticism. The next morning I helped myself to the continental breakfast served at immaculately laid tables in the conservatory... Cereals, juices, toast and jam along with tea and coffee were freely available. And then the taxi I'd asked the hotel to order for me arrived dead on time and this very happy bunny went on her way! I only saw one member of staff and I'm not sure if she was the owner of the hotel or not, but she was terrific ...helpful, polite, smiley and efficient. The price? Can you believe it was just £35 with taxis to and from Manchester Airport for the eight minute journey around £8.50 each way. What a revelation. Highly recommended for any traveller's weary head.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a room on the ground or first floor as there is no lift
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tommytippy
doncaster
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

we stayed here for one night before w flew in the morning.close to airport average about £8.50 for taxi.we arrived very quiet but a friendly lady greeted us.we had to lug our cases upstairs so thankful we were only on first floor,the rooms were clean and lovely and warm,we went down for a limited dinner choice but still found something to our taste and i have to say when it arrived the plate was full.note!we were a little dissapointed because my friend only drinks shorts and the hotel only served wine or beer or soft drinks,they were helpful and booked our taxi for the morning,we had a comfortable night here and it was ideal for what we needed .we only paid £35 for 2 people so at the end of the day you get what you pay for, so for us it was value for money

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel
Etrop Grange
#67 of 116 in Manchester
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,170 reviews
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Pymgate Lodge Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!