“Not good”

Pymgate Lodge Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
“Not good”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stuck for words, arrived and looked at the outside of the building, muck and weeds, went inside and met landlady in a smelly hall, the reception room was dark and dingy and the dining room was in a conservatory of rotting wood with stained tables, asked if I was having breakfast and swiftly declined. Going up to my room the wallpaper was ripped off the walls with a funny smell, the window would not open and had duck tape on it. Tried to get the owner to provide a taxi number so we could escape to the pub and after ringing the reception bell and front door bell 4 times we got no response, googled a number eventually on my phone and requested of the taxi driver to take us away ASAP. Both me and my mum slept in our clothes on top of the bed and left early doors to escape. Not a good visit, avoid at all costs!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My stay at the pymgate Was more than satisfactory, my room was spacious and clean with tea and coffee facilities, the owners are in the middle of refurbishment, doing a room at a time, the shower was hot, with complimentary shower gel etc. Free wifi in all rooms, which is always a plus. Located 2.1/2 miles from the airport, the location is perfect . It is a budget b and b what do you expect!! Met the owner's who were lovely too. Only criticism, maybe they should advertise they sell alcohol in the lounge, would've saved me a walk to the local tesco, lol. All in all, after reading the previous reviews, I was pleasantly surprised. Staying here again on my return from my hols too.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Michthomas
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I spent the night of the Saturday the 28th June 2014 and the was a girl screaming as I reported to the young women in the morning it did seem to be the girl who was screaming was in another room above my room, the young girl who was covering holiday said she did not hear anything from the flat but seemed really nice as I did not report during the night for my own safety as you don't know what can happen I do know she contacted the police and went to check on the room, this was horrendous hearing the women getting battered of the man but I suppose in a hotel you don't know who your letting in your doors, I would not blame the girl as I have seen on here she was covering the hotel for holidays and very young pleasant girl .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked the Pymgate ignoring the reviews and hoping the people who had written them were a bit picky. I was so wrong.

The room are very dated, need a good deep clean and a massive overhaul. The smell of damp carpet in my room was overwhelming and the windows barely shut!

The locks on the doors did not make me feel safe staying there alone and the walls are so thin you can literally hear everything that goes on.

As per the review below, I was also woken up in the middle of the night by a woman screaming as she was dragged by her partner down the stairs by her hair.

I had booked my breakfast for 8 am, but had to ring the hotel at 8.15 to wake the staff up to cook it. The breakfast arrived 20 mins later, 1 minute before I had to leave so I had no time to eat it (also I was not asked what I wanted for breakfast, so a fry up arrived and I am veggie). Also offered a glass of orange juice, only to receive a glass of milk as "this was all they had".

So so bad!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Absolute shambles rooms well not worth the money people r beating up there partners at 4 in the morning an the manager doent do nothin about it an shes a right weirdo forgets what your car looks like puts a sign on sayin your car is guna get towed when shes seen ur car abwt 50 times and who is driving it. The kitchen for staff is over looking there small car park an the weird manager woman wont stop stairing at you shes freakish so no point staying would never stay again cob webs everywere floor boards n walls are that thin you cant sleep coz you can hear everyone speaking around you disgusting not a happy experience.

• Stayed June 2014
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I got my best laugh just now, looking at the description of this god-awful joint. And I quote:

"In a quiet, peaceful location on the edge of beautiful countryside, this charming hotel is comfortably close to Manchester Airport and only 30 minutes’ drive from Manchester's cosmopolitan city centre."

What an absolute joke. I can only reiterate what the other poor sods on here have written. It's dirty, smelly, crumbling, ramshackle, grubby - you name it. Dirty bin, dirty shower, dirty everything. We stayed here after arriving into Manchester Airport. In fairness, they did repsond to my boyfriends emails about arriving late, but the rest of it was absolutely dire. We packed up and shipped out ASAP. I didn't even put my make up on - that's how much I wanted to get out - I LOVE my make-up. There's nothing more I can say. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I arrived before check-in after a day of travel and was warmly welcomed by the proprietress who settled me comfortably in the lounge with a pot of tea and biscuits. She checked back to see that I did not need anything else while my room was being prepared. You would never be treated so well at the big chains! A visit from granddaughter Faith was an added bonus. The room had everything I needed and the shower was wonderful with plenty of hot water. I will definitely return on a future trip.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel
Etrop Grange
#68 of 117 in Manchester
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,202 reviews
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Pymgate Lodge Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!