“Good food, great service”
Review of The Ashlea Pub

The Ashlea Pub
Ranked #15 of 94 Restaurants in Cheadle
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I have been here a couple of times recently and on both occasions I have had lovely food and great service. The pub is nicely decorated and is quite cosy. There is also a nice outside area with decking and a beer garden which backs onto abney hall park. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We had a lovely meal here, there were four adults and two children and the food was very good and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Would definately recommend it.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Well to me it would be an embarassment to serve this food at this price...I had the cod and chips...could taste the trans fat after taste on the fish..my lady partner had the lasagne...,mushy dry peas...cold food....Good service in a good ambience but the lackluster food was krapola..what a rip off at these prices...

2  Thank roofingman
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Good choice before or after a trip to the cinema at Parrs Wood.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Cheekily tried this pub using TescoClubcard food vouchers . I ordered food from the bar as the waitress seemed busy . Food took about 20 mins to arrive which was puzzling as my lasagne seem to be quite dry as though it had been microwaved , with a odd sprig of wilted watercress and a cherry tomato cut in half which I found amusing . My husband had fish and chips . The fish was over battered and greasy which spolit the really nice fish .. if you could get to it . We were asked if we wanted sauces which were nicely presented in mini ramekins. However , as soon as we started to eat the waitress came back and we simply said our food was o.k. Swiftly followed by another staff member , then back came the waitress so you felt that you almost had to speak with your mouth full . I felt it was quicker to say the food was fine just to get them away! I think senior management must have just paid them a visit as this was really annoying. Shame as the clientele were fine and drinks reasonably priced .We would return for drinks but not food .

2  Thank babyhk