“Very average curry house”
Review of Garam Massala

Garam Massala
Ranked #22 of 91 Restaurants in Cheadle
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We ate here for the first time recently. Unfortunately I wasn't very impressed - I'd hoped for much more having read the reviews. The food was mixed and uninspiring. The naan breads were overly doughy and bizarre, almost like a pizza, and had been cut as such. My tandoori mix was actually quite tasty and the meat was tender. However my friends curries were oily and unnecessarily hot - and we like hot food - but this felt like they'd just whacked a load of extra chilli for the sake of it. Service was OK, not quite 'service with a smile', but food was brought out quickly and efficiently. This place strikes me as probably good for a reasonably priced curry with a group of friends after the pub, but we won't be visiting again. Seven Spices still definitely the best one in the area - more expensive, yes, but the food quality and service is a different league.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Ten of us called in and where treated magnificently, best curry house in stockport by far the food was superb very friendly staff and the beer was well kept great value for money you will not go wrong at the Garam Masala trust me.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I visited here with my partner and my mother for her birthday recently.

I have to point out, I've never been a big fan of liver. I've tried it several different times in different guises and always been left dissapointed. This includes fancy foie gras.

However, something drew me to the spicy liver starter and for the first time I truly enjoyed a liver based dish. Very impressed.

Also impressive was the main menu. I had a tuna steak which was delicious and everything was very nicely presented.

I could picture coming here again - the service was very good and it came to about 50 pound for 3 starters, 3 mains, and 2 drinks each, which is very reasonable.

The stairs up to the toilets were quite daunting however!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Great value for money excellent and Friendly service weel worth a visit

BEST value for money curry in CHEADLE HULME

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We went here for the first time, and were pleasantly suprised, A party of 5 people we each sampled all the main courses, and all were to the same high standard, there are a couple of downsides, a large step in to the restaurant, and no disabled facilities downstairs, as already mentioned the toilets are upstairs. But all in all we will be back