“Very Well Presented Hotel. Close To Airport- Perhaps Too Close!”

Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel as a wedding guest on 2nd August 2013.

The hotel itself including wedding function room is very well presented and exceptionally clean and tidy.

The hotel is handy for the airport but is right under the flight path.

Even with the windows closed (which was stifling in this heat!) you could really hear the planes overhead so a decent night sleep was impossible as I was both too hot and aware of the aeroplanes. Could not have had the window open as the noise would have been unbearable.

The reception staff were friendly and patient especially towards the older guests with hearing problems when booking them into rooms.

The hotel was lovely for a wedding but I would not chose to stay here if I was flying from Manchester Airport the next day especially at £110 per night, which appears to be the standard rate through the hotel website.

As a wedding guest we got a basic room for £60, but I still found that a little steep for a hotel with no real sound proofing on a flight path

• Stayed: August 2013
Tracy H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Kellie 12984,

I am delighted to hear that most aspects of your stay were enjoyable and I am especially pleased to hear that the Reception team were helpful to other guests staying at the Hotel. I note that your stay date as the 2nd August and I am now able to award the team on duty one of our 'extra inch' vouchers, a company incentive we have in place to recognise team members that recognised or exceed our guest expectations. These vouchers are then collected and any team member that receives 25 will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win a trip to New York, they will be over the moon thank you.

Despite having double glazing in some of our rooms I do appreciate that the flight noise will at times affect our guests and whilst I wish there was an immediate solution unfortunately there is little we can do at the moment.

Thank you once again for sharing your kind feed back and we hope to see you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Tracy Harrison
General Manager and the Village Cheadle Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,458)

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Nice beer garden, clean rooms, huge king beds, great steaks in the restaurant, would return. Happy staff too - a lovely stay. Also if you enjoy sports they have a fantastic facility. It is located under the flight path however planes did not start operating until around 630am so it was okay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear ThePrincess71

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay including the facilities, the great steaks, huge king beds and the state of the art leisure facilities and more importantly that the team were happy, they were over the moon when they read your comment!

Warmest regards,

Tracy Harrison
General Manager and the Village Cheadle Team

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Having stayed at other village properties I was disappointed with this one, it wasn't quite up to the standards of the others I have previously stayed in.

Room was fine, clean and had everything you wanted as an accessible room, inducing wet room bathroom, the reception was ok, check in was fast and efficient.
Lift: well it worked, however was extremely jerky and with having a disability caused increased pain due to this (I appreciate for most people this wont be an issue)
Leisure facilities: compared to other hotels (specifically Hull and Silverlink) seemed very dated, stairs up to the pool with a stair lift for access however sauna and steam room were on another level which I was unable to access due to be lift to that level being out of service.

Gym: pretty good had everything that you would want and opens early

Breakfast was included however was slightly disappointing, there was choice however it was only after eating that I discovered other items, such as boiled eggs were available to order, no information on this on the table or provided by staff.

Hotel is under the flight path and can be noisy, especially it's the windows open as no air con available in the room.

Would I stay again? No, there are other hotels in the area for a similar price which I think offer higher quality.

Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Well to be honest, we only spent an hour in the Hotel, but I've stayed in almost identical Village resorts a few times and they are generally very good value (if you can get them at around £60 - £80) & very comfortable. I want this to be a fair review as always, so I've given it a high star rating where possible.
I booked the room for 1 night at around lunchtime the same day (as an extra treat for my wife's birthday) through my Hotels.com App on my phone, which I always do (as for every ten nights you pay, you get one free). I always stay with my wife, so my preferences are set to Double Bed, but I always make sure the booking has a Double available.
We arrived at the Hotel quite late about 9pm, only to find out they only had Twin rooms available. My wife being much more forgiving & tolerant than me asked if we could push beds together, which we were told we could.
Upon entering the stuffy-hot room, my wife noticed there wasn't any Air Conditioning and if you opened the window, we were right next to a generator which was loud to say the least. Also, there was no breeze anyway. Now in fairness, I didn't look on the booking to see if there was AirCon. So be warned, you only get it with their more expensive Upper Deck rooms.
Suffice to say at this point my wife became much less tolerable. She asked to try another Twin and found a similar story, but the noise coming from the Bar right near the room.

By nearly 10 O'clock I was on to Hotels.com customer services extreme unsatisfied, looking for another Hotel. I had only paid just around £65, but wasn't willing to sleep in a hot, noisy room in a different bed to my wife (although they did kind of meet - but I haven't slept in a different bed to my wife in 11 years, I'm not going to pay to start doing that).

Ultimately, half the Hotel seemed to be in the Bar (it was a Saturday night) and intoxicated so they may not have cared the way my wife and I did, but the biggest disappointment was simply not getting what I'd paid for and then finding out there was no AirCon (lesson learnt to check from now on) to boot on a warm Summer evening.

One exception to the awful, time-wasting experience was the receptionist Helen, who looked mortified when I asked for her name at the end. She was extremely apologetic, helpful where possible and courteous.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here for one night as I was attending a meeting there the next day. The conference facilities and food here aren't bad, although the bar closes even for residents at 11pm.
The rooms though are in dire need of an update and face lift and I would only expect soap dispensers in a travel lodge bathroom not a four star hotel. The de Vere Cheadle House 2 mins up the road is a better bet

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Checked in today warm welcome from reception. Upper Deck Room is a nice size with fantastic decor. Starbucks coffee in the room. Very comfy bed. Seating area. Table to work on. Two armchairs in front of the flat screen tv with sky hd and coffee table. Plus Bose iPod docking station. Bathroom decent size with amazing shower. Great bar and restaurant and free use of the amazing leisure club.

Room Tip: Choose the upper deck room with sky hd
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Having used the De Vere Village chain a lot in past years - mainly for conference but some leisure, I thought I knew what to expect but they, or perhaps just this one, have moved downmarket in the five years or so since I last went.
The executive room was large, but lacked niceties of toiletries [soap dispenser on wall], drawer space, and a TV that could be controlled beyond the very basics. It looked a bit shabby and seemed dirty, or perhaps it was the decor in need of a re-vamp.
The breakfast was one of the poorest I have had in a large hotel. There was no bread other than sliced for the toaster, the cereals comprised three types of faux cornflakes and a sugary crunch - no meusli, weetabix, bran or any other variety, and the sauces were not on display so had to be liberated from behind the bar.No fresh fruit salad or similar, and I didn't see ham and cheeses for those Continentally inclined. The fry up was fairly standard, but replacements were slow to arrive and the quality was "budget". The room itself was dark - a style more suited to its evening restaurant function. In fact the reception area had very low ceilings which also seemed a little oppressive.
I did not use the gym/pool facilities.
It was not a total disaster, more a disappointment. It could be so much better for not a lot of effort.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
Premier Inn Manchester (Cheadle) Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Bury

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle? Share your experiences!