Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
US$181
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
Cheadle House(Cheadle)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,573 results
All reviewsdyson fanclub roomleisure facilitiesthe upper decksky tvleisure clubcoffee machinegreat facilitiessteam roomlovely hotelclose to the airportan upgradeenjoyable stayone night staygood nights sleepcomfy bedgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked this as a groupon deal as I see many others do, and we stayed for one night on a Saturday. Overall, the hotel was very busy with lots of guests and hustle and bustle, reception was full of people but this wasnt necessarily a problem - we were seen to quickly. We went up to our room which was room 230. We were please with the room and the bathroom - it was clean and well made up. Reading other reviews does make me laugh some times, as when we stay at a hotel, the last thing I do is inspect the skirting boards and grout in the bathroom! Maybe I just don't have very high standards, but in my opinion and in our experience, the hotel is a contemporary, modern, busy place and what else should one expect from a hotel near to an huge international airport!

Other reviews we read talked about the hotel being beneath the flight path of landing planes. We could hear the planes coming in, but this did not by any means ruin our experience here. In fact, I awoke in the morning having slept soundly all night! It was probably the best nights sleep I'd had in a long time.

We ate in the restaurant and every course we had was delicious - I strongly reccommend the steak! It was by far one of the best steaks I have ever had!

The one and only 'complaint' I would have is that when we went down for breakfast, a large group of young people had eaten breakfast before us, and when we were seated, there was a tray on a stand full of dirty dishes right next to our table. Although many members of staff walked past us, nobody thought to clear it away. I don't even know why they sat us there in the first place as it wasn't as if there were no other tables!

Other than that, we had a lovely time here, and our room was great! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I had a fairly decent stay at this hotel with my Girlfriend last week. I got the train from Manchester to Cheadle Hulme and then it was about a 20 minute walk from there, which I didn't mind because it was a nice area and it saved some £££'s.

I got this offer through Groupon for £79 for a one night stay, with breakfast, 3 course meal and use of all facilities - which I thought was brilliant! The rooms were very nice apart from the bright blue front and bathroom doors (but that isn't anything to put you off, just personal preference). The room had everything you needed for a short stay however the TV could have done with a few more channels, very limited.

Spa and Pool facilities were good, however full of children!! The meal was brilliant and good portions, I was stuffed. However, I was a bit annoyed you had to pay extra for certain items on the 'set menu'.

Overall a good stay and breakfast was awesome, set me up for a day of shopping with my girlfriend... so I recommend to anybody looking for a cheap break somewhere different! Also the Starbucks in reception proved real useful!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Cheadle House Hotel was the only hotel I have ever walked out of! After our 2nd room, we gave up!!! Firstly being put in a disabled room which if I or my partner was disabled would be ok but even then the room was extremely dark, dank and extremely small! The duty manager on shift was extremely apologetic but to be honest we wanted out of the place. There was mould covered blind, non working taps, dangerous non functional shower screen (which if we had used, we would have needed the disability equipped room on our next visit as we would have broken our necks slipping on the flooded tiled bathroom floor!), cracks up the wall, flood light right on the window sill illuminating the whole room to the point it looked like daylight even with the curtains closed.......and THAT was in a "superior double" room. Complaint sent. So watch this space.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. On arrival we entered our room to find a cracked sink in the bathroom, dirty bed linen, gouges on the bathroom door and a hole in the wall.

As it was late and we had just driven over from Frankfurt we were exhausted and so accepted the offered upgraded room instead of finding another hotel.

Even the "UpperDeck" room was lacking an eye for detail and cleanliness. There were hooks missing on the curtains, black mold in the file grouting and LOTS of dust and bits on the carpet in the corners and where the vacumn doesn't fit (between the bed and side table).

We were told by the receptionist who upgraded us that the duty manager was busy but that she would contact us, if not that first evening then definitely the next day. We didn't want to chase after the duty manager, were quite interested to see how important she considered here guests. Guess what? The duty manager didn't bother to contact us or leave a message at reception!

The person who did come knocking at our room door the 2nd day was security. The receptionist hadn't updated the records of the room and housekeeping staff were concerend that a room marked as unoccupied was in fact occupied. The issue was swiftly resolved, security were very nice about it, but still, it should not have happened.

Staff training is obviously lacking, the management really need to improve their act.

We will not be returning and will not be choosing a DeVere Group hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

12 of us stayed for a 60th wedding anniversary, expected more

We stayed in room 121 and was bit to pieces emailed the hotel to advise but had no response, was not looking for compensation etc but a response would have been nice.

We paid for the rat pack evening I went with an open mind as a 3 course meal and entertainment for £28.00 I was not expecting much, it was actually good food was nice also.

Don't think I would pay to stay over at a De Vere again