“Wouldn't stay here again in a hurry.....”

Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Booked this hotel because it was near to Manchester Airport and paid £169 for a room without breakfast which I don't think is good value. This was also an 'Upper Deck' room so I would hate to see a standard room at this hotel
Summary
Room - It took us an hour to get the electrics sorted out after we arrived
Decor - was a dismal, dark room with awful lighting.
Bathroom - Shower was useless .
Sink wouldn't drain (until I broke the plug - Whoops)
Bathroom was also a bit grubby

Restaurant - The menu was less than impressive so we ate dinner out.
Leisure facilities - more like a Council run pool rather than one you would expect at a hotel
Come on De Vere Hotels - you can do better than this at the price you charged me. We tried to book in at the Mottram Hall hotel (as we had stayed there a few months ago) but they wanted £225 even despite the leisure facilities were not open

Room Tip: Stay in a Premier Inn, they are better rooms at a much lower price
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Geoff C
Mark_Williams00, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest

Firstly please accept my apologies for your disappointment in your stay. You have raised some issues which I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these with you directly. I would be grateful if you would contact me via mark.williams@village-hotels.com or alternatively on the Hotel Phone number.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Recent stay and was very pleasantly surprised . Rooms were bright and very big stayed in the 500's and very impressed . Friendly staff and comfortable beds .
Food at the function a little bland and no choice .
Good dj and tunes would stay again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Mark_Williams00, Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. I was disappointed to read the feedback regarding the food at the function and I have forwarded this to the Head Chef for further investigation.

I very much hope that you return to Village Manchester Cheadle again in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Spend 1 night on business here in May 2014. Really comfortable hotel with excellent amenities. Superb breakfast. Strongly recommended.
Hotel is on Manchester Airport flight path so noisy outside in early evening, but inside fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony022

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking to the time to review your recent stay at Village Manchester Cheadle. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable experience here and I do hope that you stay with us again soon

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I all stayed here the night before my mum and step-dad's wedding when the water mains burst on our street leaving us without water!

The room was great, and the bed was very comfy, although none of us slept much due to a mixture of excitement and nerves! We didn't use any of the leisure facilities as it was a very brief stay. The extensive choice available in the breakfast buffet is fantastic and the food tastes great. One waitress helped me to create a small takeaway breakfast for my mum (the bride), which was lovely of her. The hotel also has an in-house Starbucks branch (although quite pricey!)

The hotel ticked all our necessary boxes and became our saviour that night! As I have lived near this hotel for over 20 years, we know this hotel very well through it's outstanding reputation and were immediately drawn to it as our first choice.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Rap2912

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is very encouraging to read reviews like these.

I am sure you will appreciate that as Starbucks is a franchise, unfortunately we have no control over the pricing of the products.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We tried to book 3 rooms last August for a 2 night stay by calling in at the hotel. Promises to call back were never met. In the end had to wait until February and make an on-line reservation. Rooms and bathroom were not very clean (clean behind the door as well as what you can see from the bedroom) - toiletries only soap and shampoo/conditioner, not great quality. Second breakfast was dreadful: hairs in fruit and cold eggs straight from the kitchen - "I'll tell the chef" the only response! Reception couldn't find our booking on arrival which meant we were left standing in the gloom of reception (it really is dreadfully unwelcoming). Service in the restaurant was very very slow too. It would not be difficult to make this a welcoming family friendly hotel (why can't the phone system have a baby monitoring service included?) - but please cheer up the reception area - it can't be good for the staff to have to work in such a dark and dingy place every day.

Room Tip: It may be that the upgraded rooms are better than the basic ones but did not see them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review Village Hotel and Leisure Club Manchester Cheadle.

I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay at the Hotel. I have spoken with the Reception Manager and the various Departmental Managers with regards to your comments and these issues will be investigated further however I would like to express my sincere apologies for the service that you received and any ditress or inconvenience caused.

I very much hope that you would consider using the Village Manchester Cheadle again in the future and I would be delighted if you would contact me personally at mark.williams@village-hotels.com to discuss your feedback in more depth.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here in feb this year with our 2 sons ages 4 and under 1. Lovely hotel with great facilities. The dining room is awesome. Great leisure facilities the pool is very nice. The food is great quality we had a 3 course evening meal there and our breakfast and it is one of the nicest meals I have had. Would deffo return here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here for a friends wedding and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. Staff were friendly helpful and professional. Are room was a great price for a Saturday night with breakfast. There are only 2 small niggles. First we had are 14 week old with us and the room was very hot! the window opened approx an inch and it is a bit nerve racking with a small baby for them to get to hot! There was a large fan in the room though and this did help.
The other small niggle - there was a small amount of black dots all over the ceiling in the bathroom I presume form condensation from the shower. It would be easy to resolve with a quick scrub so I thought this let it down slightly.
Other than that I though out the hotel was well worth the stay and would happily stay here again, I think if you were flying from Manchester airport it would be a great place to stay over the night before.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leanne W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Cheadle House
Village Manchester Hyde Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle? Share your experiences!