“Ok...”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Ok...”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked an afternoon tea and spa day through groupon to this hotel... It was advertised as a spa, but there are no treatment facilities at all so doesn't meet most peoples expectations of a spa. There is a swimming pool and some jacuzzi pools. The jacuzzi pools were lukewarm rather than being as hot as you would expect. The afternoon tea was of good quality though and the staff seemed friendly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Mark_Williams00, Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent afternoon tea experience here at Urban Resort Manchester Cheadle.

I was pleased to read your comments about the afternoon tea and I have in turn shared this with the Restaurant team and the Sales team.

I was disappointed however to read about your observations regarding the Spa. Unfortunately individuals interpretation of Spa are of personal perception and having reviewed the description of the offer from Groupon and Living Social, I am reassured that the facilities described are available.

Once again many thanks for your comments and I hope that you will return to the Hotel in the near future.

Mark Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Coningsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Needed to be in Cheadle, (lovely village feel) and this was one of the best priced around. 2 nights with breakfast which was all that you could require, nice crisp bacon to my taste and no 'pink' sausages here! The evening meals on the Sunday/Monday nights were reasonable, tasty and good portions but nothing to write home about. The staff were very helpful throughtout my stay. You must take your swimming costume as the pool facilities are brillant....didn't try the fitness suite. Will stay here again for other business meetings.

Room Tip: I was given a standard room, big enough for my needs and clean. Yes you are near Manchester Airport...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic comments which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”

Many thanks once again for your comments and taking the time to feedback via Trip Advisor.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Location - Excellent for our purpose of visiting in Cheadle and Didsbury. You would need a car to stay at this property but it has a wealth of facilities on site for a restful break.

Room - We had an Upper Deck Suite which was immaculately clean but very tired in terms of decoration. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in and we really appreciated the black out blinds enabling us to have a great sleep. I would suggest adding a fridge to the rooms.

Restaurant/Bar - Great service, good 'pub grub'.

Staff - A mixed bag really, some staff members were excellent whereas others seemed more interested in what their colleagues were doing than the guests!

In summary, the property itself and the branding of the 'Village' hotels is excellent but it's let down by poor upkeep (could use more than a lick of paint) and sub-standard staff. A real shame in my opinion as I think an excellent customer service experience would really elevate this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roxy531
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feeback on your recent stay at Urban Resort Village Manchester Cheadle.

We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better as and a result of your observations I am delighted to report that a cosmetic overhaul is being carried out in some of the guest rooms.

Overall, I would like to thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Hotel booked prior to flight from Manchester Airport. Reasonable rate for room (without breakfast), dinner and 15 nights parking. Hotel car park isn't secure, very busy and on a main road, nevertheless the car was fine. We had paid for dinner in the hotel, the restaurant wasn't at all busy for a Friday night with 3 other tables occupied. Food was good, most items we would eat came at a supplement, so perhaps and bed and dinner option wasn't quite as good value as we thought.

The room had seen better days, in desperate need of a painting, as was the doors to the rooms which were all battered. Room was small, it was a hot day and it was very warm so difficult to sleep, can't really open the windows due to the flights coming in to the airport.

There isn't a bus to the airport, so you need to get a taxi, I assume the hotel have a firm they use as they advertise this as £9, which it was to the airport, coming back from the airport when you pick up a black cab this was nearly £20. SO perhaps not the best value for money for the airport.

With a tidy up of the rooms and a look at the dinner menus, I would probably visit again, but unlikely for a stopover for Manchester Airport

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kyla64
Dear Guest, many thanks for your feedback with regards to your recent stay at Village Urban Resort Manchester Cheadle.

I sincerely regret the uncomfortable atmosphere you experienced within your room in respect of the heat. Many of our rooms do not have air conditioning available however, the Hotel does have a limited number and so perhaps on your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of those rooms upon request.

You will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours, I have spoken with the maintenance team and a cosmetic uplift to some rooms in now underway.

I was happy to read your observations regarding the standard of food and your feeling of value for money.

I hope you visit us again the the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

They've employed expensive brand consultants and put a lot of effort into style (which is ok) but got careless on the actual guest experience. In general it needs a tidy up and repair (lots of little things). It's nice in many ways but very expensive for what you get. The Upper Deck rooms are fine, but hardly premium - no fridge (so nowhere to keep fresh milk for the Starbucks hot drinks they do provide) and no bathrobe. Worst of all was the lighting - one of those hotels that think it's 'cool' to have low main lighting and spotlights, forgetting that it just makes most of the room really hard to see in.... Breakfast was mixed - stale pastries particularly disappointing; eggs were poor, left siting for hours. But then they do make you fresh tea and coffee on emend - so it's a mixed bag. Staff were generally very nice. I don't think they have much competition in the area - it shows.

Room Tip: Upper Deck rooms are worth the investment - I think they're the only ones to have air con. If yo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank James H
Mark_Williams00, Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent experience at Village Cheadle.

As you will appreciate the lighting, decoration and furnishings are a Brand decision but I will forward on your comments. I was sorry to learn of the disappointing standard of food for breakfast and this will be addressed.

I was extremely pleased to read that our team members here are delivering the guest journey.

Overall, It does seem that your experience here in deed was a "mixed bag" and with that in mind, I would be grateful if you would contact me directly.

Regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Booked this hotel because it was near to Manchester Airport and paid £169 for a room without breakfast which I don't think is good value. This was also an 'Upper Deck' room so I would hate to see a standard room at this hotel
Summary
Room - It took us an hour to get the electrics sorted out after we arrived
Decor - was a dismal, dark room with awful lighting.
Bathroom - Shower was useless .
Sink wouldn't drain (until I broke the plug - Whoops)
Bathroom was also a bit grubby

Restaurant - The menu was less than impressive so we ate dinner out.
Leisure facilities - more like a Council run pool rather than one you would expect at a hotel
Come on De Vere Hotels - you can do better than this at the price you charged me. We tried to book in at the Mottram Hall hotel (as we had stayed there a few months ago) but they wanted £225 even despite the leisure facilities were not open

Room Tip: Stay in a Premier Inn, they are better rooms at a much lower price
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Geoff C
Mark_Williams00, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest

Firstly please accept my apologies for your disappointment in your stay. You have raised some issues which I would welcome the opportunity to discuss these with you directly. I would be grateful if you would contact me via mark.williams@village-hotels.com or alternatively on the Hotel Phone number.

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel.

Mark Williams

Travellers are raving about these Cheadle hotels

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Recent stay and was very pleasantly surprised . Rooms were bright and very big stayed in the 500's and very impressed . Friendly staff and comfortable beds .
Food at the function a little bland and no choice .
Good dj and tunes would stay again

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Mark_Williams00, Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. I was disappointed to read the feedback regarding the food at the function and I have forwarded this to the Head Chef for further investigation.

I very much hope that you return to Village Manchester Cheadle again in the future.

Mark Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Cheadle House
Village Hotel Manchester Hyde
Didsbury House
Didsbury House
#9 of 117 in Manchester

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle? Share your experiences!