“Too hot!”

Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cheadle
“Too hot!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Great welcome on arrival, helpful check in staff. Room ok, clean though kids sofa bed had seen better days. The main problem is the heat in the corridors/rooms. It is genuinely stifling, twice I had to get outside the hotel to recover (thats with a fan on and windows open the small gap they are allowed). Therefore not the best nights sleep.
We ate in the restaurant and the food was very nice however be aware that when asked if you would like some water with your meal and some bread, they are not complimentary! £13.50 added to our bill before we'd eaten! My experience of restaurants are that these elements are complimentary. Had the server asked if we'd liked bottled water then it would have been clearer.
Breakfast was very haphazard, we were shown to the pub area as was busy in restaurant end. No milk brought with our tea/coffee. Only offering of hot food was beans, sausage and bacon. Half way through eating, eggs and mushrooms were brought out and on leaving, hash browns, black pudding appeared. So breakfast was a bit of a let down. Also, the juice glasses are very small.
Staff on departure again very friendly and helpful.
Price for drinks is reasonable in pub though wine is overpriced in restaurant.
I'm not sure we would consider staying again, mainly due to the heat.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Locals4
Mark_Williams00, Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Urban Resort Village Manchester Cheadle.

I was pleased to read your comments about the team and I have shared these comments with the relevant departmental managers.

I do understand your comments regarding the indoor temperature of the Hotel. I have collated all feedback with regards to the heat and presented it to our head office to request air conditioning is fitted throughout.

I was disappointed to read of your experience of breakfast, the reasoning behind opening up Victory Pub is so that guests do not have a long wait as I am sure you will appreciate the majority of guests staying at the weekend tend to prefer a later breakfast. That said it is not acceptable that you did not receive good service nor did you have the full choice of the breakfast menu.

We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. I would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel and ask would you please email sara newton directly at sara.newton@village-hotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here for one night whilst visiting friends. The receptionist gave us a very warm welcome. When we got into the room there was a very unpleasant smell which we thought was due to someone smoking. My husband rang reception to ask to change rooms. After about five minutes the receptionist returned to apologise and offered us an up graded room.
The room was OK,nothing special. We found the decor generally was a bit gloomy and slightly depressing. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom adequate. It took a while to work out how to work the taps!
The hotel was very busy for a Sunday night. Food is basic pub style. The breakfast was good and food was hot.

Room Tip: For just a night it is not worth paying the extra for an upgraded room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara P
Mark_Williams00, Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to feedback regarding your recent stay here at Urban Resort Village Manchester Cheadle.

I have shared your comments with the Reception team. I note your observations regarding the decoration of the rooms and a small cosmetic uplift of rooms is currently underway.

I do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Thank you once again.

Regards
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst attending a wedding nearby. Nothing too much trouble for the staff who were happy and helpfull at all times. Upgraded on arrival and staff offered to change one of our rooms for a disabled access room for my elderly Mum. Rooms clean and large and very quiet. Breakfast very good and staff attentive and friendly. Recommend the Tapas if you are staying on a Friday! Would definately stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Mark_Williams00, Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay here at the Hotel.

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. The tapa nights really seem to be making their mark and I hope your enjoyed a jug of Sangria!

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had our wedding and reception at The Village in May. Event planning by Nicola was great and on the day Adam and his team were excellent. We were really pleased with the way the event room was quickly transformed between the ceremony, the wedding breakfast, and the evening reception. Our guests weren't left waiting for ages in between the events.

The bride stayed in a standard room one night prior to the event. The standard room was okay, but in need of redecorating. The bridal couple had an Upper Deck room after the wedding. The Upper Deck room was very large and much nicer.

We were happy overall with the facilities and service that we and our guests received.

Room Tip: If your budget allows, do book an Upper Deck room. They are larger and more recently decorated.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bride

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent Wedding and stay with us here at Urban Resort Manchester Cheadle. It is pleasing to read that your day was enjoyable and that the team of staff here facilitated some of that enjoyment. Thank you for your fabulous remarks and I will share these with the team.

Many congratulations on your Wedding and we look forward to seeing you on your anniversary if not before!

Kind regards and best wishes
County Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed this weekend in the Village Hotel from Friday to Monday. Our experience was mostly positive. The staff were really helpful, polite and competent. Our room was lovely - very spacious for both of us and nicely decorated. Food was excellent - we ate both in the restaurant and the bar. Four small quibbles which I would have from our stay :-

1. We missed breakfast on Monday morning as we were not told that breakfast is only until 9:30 am on weekdays. It would be a good idea to mention the different breakfast times when guests are registering. When we were booking in on Friday we were told breakfast was until 10:30 but the receptionist never mentioned the time difference for Monday. This was disappointing.

2. The lighting in the room was very subdued. Dim lighting is very nice when you want to relax but a stronger lighting option would be nice for when guests are getting ready to go out - make up etc!

3. Our room was next to the flat roof where the air conditioning units were located. Very noisy!

4. Might be a good idea to have a folder in each room with general information about the hotel - breakfast times, check out times, t.v. channels, information about restaurants and room service available. Also some information about facilities and services in the area.

Great stay over all though!

Room Tip: Choose a room which doesn't face unto the flat roof as these rooms are noisy due to large air co...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 696Jenny
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to feedback regarding your recent stay at Urban Resort Manchester Cheadle. It is very pleasing to read that your enjoyed your stay overall.

We sincerely regret the disturbance due to the noise from the airconditioning unit fans. We have attempted to contain it as much as we can. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter rooms upon request.

There should have been some literature in your room with regards to room service and on this menu are the breakfast times and I have brought this to the attention of the Housekeeping Manager to ensure that this is indeed the case. I have also taken your comments to the Reception Manager who will ensure the team are aware to mention the difference in breakfast times to guests. I would also like to point out that there is a sign on the Reception desk indicating times of breakfast and when the busy periods are.

Once again thank you for your comments, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

uk
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a Groupon offer titled 'Spa Day with Afternoon Tea'. First of all the hotel was easy to find - no issues there. Parking was difficult but I later discovered there was a wedding at the hotel so I can't really complain at that. On the inside the hotel was horrible, dirty and dark. When you look closer at the torn arm chairs and stained floors you then discover why the hotel seems to be making cut backs on the lighting. The afternoon tea was barely adequate and the quality is what you would expect from a cake and bake sale, not from a hotel restaurant. The staff were friendly. The Spa, if you can call it a Spa, was very poor indeed. Ive seen better facilities at a public swimming baths. The swimming pool water was cold, the jacuzzi was cold, the steam room was small and not very warm or steamy, I can't comment on the sauna as I could not fit in, as there was already 5 people occupying the small room. There was no sense of relaxation at all. I stayed in the spa area for about 10-15 minutes before I decided to leave and in a bid to retrieve my relaxing spa day I found another hotel which had spa facilities that is expected from a spa. This experience has put me off usinf Groupon in the future and has certainly put me off staying at a Village Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank sam1985Uk
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback with regards to your recent afternoon tea experience. I am disappointed to learn that the day did not meet your expectations.

The hotel car park can get really busy at the weekends but there are over 200 spaces to the front, side and rear of the property. Unfortunately there is no further capacity to offer additional parking.

Having read your comments, I have reviewed the description of the facilities for "Spa Day with Afternoon Tea" via Groupon and Living Social and feedback as follows: "make use of the leisure facilities at the Village Hotel. Sweat it out in the gym, before seeking serenity in the pool, sauna and jacuzzi". I do understand that the term spa is based on personal interpretation and I am sorry that the experience did not meet your expectations.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Hotel and in the Brand in the near future.

Mark Williams

Travellers are raving about these Cheadle hotels

Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Booked a spa day through groupon was expecting a nice quite hotel when arrived could not find any where to park spent 10 minute's driving around! Once we entered the hotel it was really busy it was dark, cups left all over the place. We went to reception to be sent through for our allocated time for afternoon tea, not what I expected 2 choices of sandwich filler and the cake selection was just 2 different cakes..not much choice really once finished we was looking forward some relaxing time in the spa more like a normal cold swimming pool with cold jacuzzis and two rooms that was busy and dirty. .not relaxing at all we lasted 10 minutes in the pool area cause it was just not relaxing especially with hearing plane's going over as well. .we ended up getting changed and going to use the spa facilities at another hotel. ..really glad we did not book a room to stay in the hotel because all we wanted was a nice relaxing hotel

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank redcorsa
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback regarding your recent experience at Urban Resort Manchester Cheadle. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused in trying to locate a parking space however there are over 200 spaces to the front, side and rear of the property and there is no further options to offer addtional parking to this.

I have reviewed your feedback in detail with both our Restaurant Manager and Head Chef. Having received feedback from other parties regarding the standard of food I am disappointed that your comments do not seem to be of agreement. The sandwiches platter normally displays 4 different options unless a vegetarian selection are requested in which case only 2 selections are available in addition a salad is also provided.

With regard to the leisure facilities, I have spoken with the Leisure Operations and Leisure Club Manager of your comments on the cleanliness of the facilities and this has now been addressed.

Please once again accept my apologies that the experience did not meet your expectations and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future so that we may have the opportunity to restore your faith both in the Hotel and in the Brand.

Mark Williams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cheadle
Cheadle House
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Village Hotel Manchester Hyde
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle? Share your experiences!