“"A gem of a Ruby"”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“"A gem of a Ruby"”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I've been getting my take outs from here for a few years now and eat in occasionally. Never had a bad curry from here always good quality and quantity. If you like it spicy then tell them to ramp it up a bit as sometimes they can be on the tame side. The restaurant part is just a bolt on to the takeaway so don't expect a large flash curry house. They do not serve booze, but there is a Coop opposite which is rather handy.

Visited January 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not the best Indian restaurant I've visited.”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I visited this restaurant in a party for a family member a couple of weeks ago and wasn't very impressed. We were a fairly large party and it was early on a Saturday evening with only another three sets of diners. The decoration was Basic and boring. There was no atmosphere or ambiance and there was no feeling of being welcome. We had booked for 7 o'clock, our first course starter was ordered and arrived three quarters of an hour later. The main was ordered and didn't arrive at the table until 8.45pm. By the time we'd had the starter two other couples had arrived and I can appreciate that it was a small restaurant but the time it took the waiter to decide to take our orders, the complete lack of any type of friendly service and the way fresh cutlery was basically thrown on the table convinced me never to set foot in there again.

• Visited January 2014
“Great curries”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I go to Barinda quite a bit. I usually however just get take out. The curries are extremely tasty and watching the guys cook beside is a sign of confidence in their product.
The staff are always cheery and welcoming and get to know their regulars. On the few occasions I have ate in the 'restaurant' part it has been somewhat quiet and therefore it kills the atmosphere. But I supposed that's just luck of the draw.
My only grip is that the prices have gone up quite a bit and 2 of my fave dishes are now almost £8. Which is steep in anyone's book. But then again you gotta pay for quality.

• Visited July 2013
“Tasty food , great value,great quality!”
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Our family favourite. We have had our works night out here We come with family , friends , or as a couple.Food & service ,consistently good. Bring your own wine & enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly staff.”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We often have take outs from this restaurant, but recently we have eaten in the seated area. Always greeted with a smile.

Good food, good portions, left overs taken away in a doggy bag.

You can take your own wine or beer, no corkage. If you forget to take you own they point you across the road to the store opposite.

My mouth is watering as I write this review!!

• Visited March 2013