“Naga jalfrezi ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Barinda
Ranked #44 of 88 Restaurants in Cheadle
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Naga jalfrezi ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Great food and the naga jalfrezi is superb. I have tasted alot of different Indian meals all over the UK and I keep coming back to this take away.

1 Thank Philip H

“Excellent Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great takeaway from here!! really good prices for what you get - shame they don't do delivery and you have to collect but worth the drive.

Visited August 2013
Cheadle Hulme, England, United Kingdom
“Never felt so unwelcome”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Visited this restaurant yesterday, party of 9, met by surly faced gentleman, pointed to our table, never a smile or acknowledgement. Gave our food orders, starters arrived, I used my knife for my starter and when I handed my starter plate back with the dirty knife on it was told "keep the knife". I then had to wipe this on my napkin. Never once did he smile. The waiter who came to clear our main meal plates was different again, smiling and courteous. The food was lovely, what a shame about the first gentleman, all our party said we would never come again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sylvia G
buxton
“Poor service for larger groups.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I visited Barinda for a special occasion with a large group of friends and family. I've had takeaways from here previously which have been delicious, however my experience eating in the restaurant didn't come up to a similar stand unfortunately. There was only my party and one other party in the restaurant and the service was incredibly slow. From start to finish we were in there for 3 hours, and from asking for the bill several times it took well over 30 minutes to be brought to the table. There was around a 30 minute wait in between each course too.

My biggest complaint was that I found a hair in my starter, which unfortunately put me off the rest of my meal. Although I was offered another starter I didn't find the staff to be very apologetic, which I would expect as a minimum in the circumstances.

On the plus side you can take your own drinks, which keeps the cost of the meal down, but all in all I'm not sure I'd rush back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Knightg
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good BYOB curry house.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Good quality food and sensibly priced throughout Barinda is well worth a visit especially if you're tired of the overpriced and poor quality of the drinks menus in other establishments. The food isn't as good as many others but the decor is inoffensive and they don't sell lager ; a drink that is not suited to spicy food due to it's blandness despite popular belief that it is.

• Visited January 2014