“Nice food friendly staff”
Review of Red Lion

Red Lion
Ranked #13 of 91 Restaurants in Cheadle
Price range: US$0 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Red Lion is a comfortable pub on the main road between Stockport and Cheadle.Winner of Stockport's 'What's On Guide' pub of the month award August 2012
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Visited with my sister after seeing reviews on trip advisor and I must say we weren't disappointed.
We were welcomed by Chris who set up a tab for us and no sooner had we ordered our food it was on our table.
The cask ale we tried, dizzy blonde was probably the best I've had in a long time and the food was well priced and tasty.
My sister is famously hard to please and she commented on how much she had enjoyed her visit so we will be back !!

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal here when staying nearby even though the place was packed with party people. The staff were attentive and put us in an area where it was the quietest and were really helpful. The price was really competitive as its a chic area. I would definitely recommend it and have no hesitation in going back when we are next in the area.

1  Thank brackendale2528
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a couple of pints and maybe some tea after reading the reviews on TA. Glad I did the Guinness was great and the food was even better . Service was great as well . Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the 3rd time we've eaten at the Red Lion and the 3rd time we've been really impressed, so thought it was time to post a review. The food is delicious. We've eaten from the regular menu and also enjoyed the Sunday Carvery. We also really enjoyed the Mothers Day menu. The menu is interesting and all the food is obviously prepared with real care and attention. The atmosphere is great, very relaxed and friendly, staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. It's really good value for money and we will definitely be back very soon. Easy to find and parking around the back - All in all a lovely pub, plus you can see your faces in the tables, they're so clean and polished, - it's the little things!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Me and my partner recently moved to Cheadle and decided to look on tripsdvisor to see where the nicest places to eat were. We visited the red lion last Sunday for dinner and we were pleasantly surprised.
My partner had the fish and chips which I tried it was lightly battered and delicious, I ordered the thai seabass with noodles which was divine! We will most definitely be coming back and have already recommend to friends and family.