“Napoli comes to Gatley”

Ranked #16 of 91 Restaurants in Cheadle
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Piccolo has been created with the sole purpose of bringing the real taste of Italy in to a small corner of South Manchester with a combination of great food and a delightful venue.Established in Gatley, a small friendly village in Cheadle Cheshire, we chose a beautiful 250 year old disused chapel to create our restaurant with an atmosphere so delightful and warm that our customers regularly comment; "we feel like we are on holiday".We provide our customers with high quality food by using the best ingredients, prepared with love and an unsurpassed passion. Combining a warm ambiance and friendly atmosphere, amazing food served and Live Music on Friday & Saturday nights, dining at Piccolo is a memorable experience for all.
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The best Italian restaurant in Manchester. Had visited this restaurant many times and will visit many many more times.
Amazing food cooked to perfection. With top quality ingredients. Extensive variety if dishes on the menu with something for all tastes. Wide variety if dishes on the menu including vegetarian options.
Friendly and attentive staff makes this a place that you want to come back to again and again.
Recommend this restaurant to many of our friends and they in turn.
The entertainment is so outstanding that I have booked Hugo & friends for my daughters wedding.

1  Thank Tara1230075
There are newer reviews for Piccolo Italian Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I want to thank the extraordinary management team who have created Piccolo. We now have a great place to eat drink and chill out whenever we want. We are made to feel like a member of the family.
A great asset to the village. so looking forward to the summer and the long nights outside.
Camilla Green & family

1  Thank Camilla G
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I've become a regular of this restaurant over the last 2 years after first going in for my parents anniversary dinner.
I love the food, vodka linguine (if you ask they use the pasta you want with the sauce you request) being my favourite, alongside the goats cheese salad, love the local atmosphere, always see someone I know in there and most of all love that I can go with the girls for a drink or lunch with my mum.
I have recommended piccolo to others all of whom have commented on the high standard of the food.

3  Thank Sophia A
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We have just had a delicious and great value tea, it was £14.90 for a family meal with drinks , it was a family pizza with 2 toppings and a large salad plus 2 glasses of wine and 2 soft drinks , it was incredible value . You have to eat before 6 on a week day and if you didn't want pizza there were pasta options and all the food we saw looked delicious . The restaurant is an old church I think and lots of lovely features inside . I would really recommend this place , I wish it was local to us we would go very often .

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit over 3 years. The first time we were not impressed at all. Loud music, pasta undercooked, slow service.
This time we went because of the 50% off voucher we had. After reading recent reviews on here about the calamari I'd have to disagree. The calamari was fresh and NOT frozen and tasted very nice. A shame about the bed of salad it was served on as it looked like it had seen better days so we didn't eat it.
I didn't fancy the pasta again just in case it wasn't cooked so we both went for fillet steak. Not sure if it was actually fillet, tasted more like rump! My veg was ok to begin with but I couldn't finish my meal as there was just far too much pepper used as seasoning for my liking. It was on the steak, mushrooms, tomatoes and roast potatoes!
Chocolate fudge cake was nice warm but the ice cream had crystallised a bit.
Overall there have been improvements since the last time we went but the food was still only ok. Definitely not worth the prices charged. 1 starter, 2 steak mains, 1 dessert, 2 glasses of wine and 2 glasses of soda water with lime. £80!!!! So glad we only paid half with our voucher. Oh and just as we wanted to order desserts we were told the voucher was only for starter and main courses, not dessert. The voucher didnt have this explained on it.
They dont serve diet lemonade either. I cant have diet coke because of the caffeine. Improvements still to be made. Wont be returning.

1  Thank Michelle A