“Make sure your hungry when you go!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Brazilian, South American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Make sure your hungry when you go!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good atmosphere and plenty of food. You help yourself to as much salad and vegetables you want then the waiters start with the meats. They just keep coming round with skewers full of meat and there is no limit to what you can have

Really enjoyed the evening and the staff are very friendly and helpful

• Visited April 2014

Cheadle, United Kingdom
“Average food, poor service, terrible prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We ate her on Saturday night. We were originally sat in the window but asked to be moved further inside. Left to our own devices at the new table for about fifteen minutes before the waitress took drink orders and explained the process.

It's a buffet style, but the food was generally of the standard of a poor all inclusive holiday. Eventually the meat started coming round and was probably the best thing about the night, although this was served in tiny slithers rather than generous cuts.

The worst was yet to come when we asked for the bill. We hadn't even been told the set menu price but for two cocktails each and four of us having the standard buffet it cost £140. Outrageous for the food quality, service and environment. Avoid at all costs.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rick G
Hazel Grove
“Lacking Samba Spirit. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I drive past Rio Brazil most days and, as a result, the cat in me had built up a smattering of curiosity as to what this restaurant would be like. That, coupled with the news I received from my girlfriend that there was a Groupon deal on, led to the two of us attending for some pre-X-Men grubs.
The voucher we were in possession of held an 'actual' value of 56 pieces of nickel-brass, meaning that, minus two drinks circa £6 each, the all-you-can-eat buffet was priced at £22. Wowzers. The pressure was on, fo' sho'.
We were seated and I was anxious to grab a plate and start a conveyor belt from the spicy sausage rice to my small intestine; so, in typical Brazilian carnival style, I arose from my pew and began a Samba de roda towards the foods. I expected my native dance moves to be met with smiles from the locals. Negative.
Anyway, upon arrival at the buffet, my expectations for an array of traditional cuisines were immediately dashed. Instead, I was presented with soggy garlic bread, coleslaw, onion rings, chips, and potato salad. Where was the Angu, I asked myself? The Sarapatel? Or even just a smidgen of Briscoito de polvilho? None to be seen; inside, I wept.
My partner had paid for the voucher, so I put on a brave face and returned to my seat with a selection of bland side-dishes. The meats will be an improvement, I told my pallet. They weren't: tough beef; chewy chicken; and some other form of tasteless creature. Luckily I had my £6 glass of peach-Robinson's-disguised-as-prosecco to wash it down with.
Thank god we only went on a discount voucher; then again, at those prices, we wouldn't have been there otherwise. Much, much better food and value available almost everywhere else.

2 Thank 51D
“Glorified all-inclusive buffet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We dined with a groupon voucher thankfully - although Im still not sure it was worth it, even with a discount!

It reminded me of being on holiday, for all the wrong reasons. Easy, uncomplicated food that can just be turned out quickly with lack of finesse and real cooking skill. The decor seemed abit cheap and cheerful also.

The cold buffet consisted of some iceberg lettuce, abit of salsa, some cous cous and coleslaw (how authentic). The hot buffet included classic Brazilian dishes such as garlic bread, onion rings and cauliflower cheese.

As for the main star of the show - the meat. Considering there's supposed to be 15 different options to try, I'm sure we only saw 5 of them and they weren't much to speak of. Quite salty, and abit chewy.

I was hoping for a more authentic dining experience with some different side dishes that I hadn't tried before - alas no, it was simply a run to Costco by the looks of it. The chips that were placed on the table without request set the tone for the evening really.

The drinks were pretty poor. Included in our deal we could have either a cocktail or a glass of Prosecco. I opted for the cocktail which looked nothing like its picture and I'm not convinced there was any alcohol in it. As for my partners "Prosecco" - it was clearly Asti Spumanti.

My partner ordered the homemade cheesecake for dessert and it was a soggy tasteless measly portion served with more Costco luminous vanilla ice cream and a squirt of anchor cream. Poor show.

The staff were friendly and attentive but that didn't make up for the food quality. Would not return.

2 Thank Jennifer K
Cheadle
“Big let down!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Went on a groupon voucher for sons seventh birthday at his request. Firstly I was expected there to be a carnival atmosphere with Brazilian music but no, the atmosphere was flat. The food was very disappointing, not of good quality. One of the waiters was rude because we left some meat on the side dish that we didn't like and he didn't offer us anymore when he came round. To top it off bought 4 cans of fizzy drinks for the kids which came to a grand total of £9.20 yes that's £2.30 per can. Didn't realise the price until the bill came, shocked is an understatement. Needless to say we will not be returning totally let down by the whole experience especially as my son was so excited to be going there for his birthday.

Visited May 2014